1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Mandalorian - Kuiil

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I?m really happy he?s released, but (and I know most of you are tired of this argument) I continue to be frustrated by these constantly escalating prices.

For Kuiil, you can argue that they had to design and create a brand new body, etc. and that makes some sense, but with the volume of business Hot Toys does, you know this could have been absorbed in the general ?cost of doing business? fund. I?d even argue that the custom design and tailoring required for EVERY new figure would be more costly than coming up with a new body.

Bottom line is that they know collectors represent a much different market than for other more traditional goods and services.

In other words, we?re addicted, they know it, and we?re much more likely to rearrange finances, Flex Pay ourselves to the moon and back, and take out a fourth mortgage before we say ?No? to Kuiil! :lol :rotfl :lol

So I guess thats another $245 they won from me due to my inherent weakness! :yess:

Last edited:
This is me in the last three years of Hot Toys announces and releases.....
images-1.jpg

Congratulations, Wor-Gar.

(And the rest of us.)

*thumbs up*

Two-tubes is one of my favorite designs ...

Hoping that Kuiil ushers in HT's Aliens at long last even if they need to be connected to one of the new series. Seems like plenty of opportunity to get Two-Tubes into a show.

I can't think of an alien I would want more than Two-Tubes right now from a pure design standpoint... although purely nostalgia-wise I might say Greedo.

Greedo, Hammerhead, and Bossk are definitely my favorite OT aliens but after that Two-Tubes is definitely very high on the list.

For the puposes of my display, the Sideshow Hammerhead works fine... I'm sure HT would make an excellent Bossk... but I feel like Greedo really needs a redo. Since he represented Han Solo's first on-screen nemesis, and established Jabba, he holds a special place in my earliest Star Wars nostalgia.

I suppose it is possible to resurrect him in the Kenobi series as a bounty hunter.

Timewalker has Kuiil up. No free shipping on the Blurrg set because of size, but you can get it by combining single Kuiil and the silly but now necessary Grogu expansion pack.

It's pretty cool that after missing out on the role of Han Solo so long ago that Nolte still got to contribute such a memorable character to the Star Wars mythos. Maybe Kurt Russell can still find his way into the franchise as well.

Ordered! Trying to stick to only 3 releases per season and Kuiil was a no-brainer to fill a spot.

I can't think of an alien I would want more than Two-Tubes right now from a pure design standpoint... although purely nostalgia-wise I might say Greedo.

Greedo does need a HT figure but the only way I see it happening is in a two pack with V2 smuggler Han. Which is inexplicably held up by Bespin Han.

It's pretty cool that after missing out on the role of Han Solo so long ago that Nolte still got to contribute such a memorable character to the Star Wars mythos. Maybe Kurt Russell can still find his way into the franchise as well.

Russell is probably blacklisted, Twitter hates him.

It's pretty cool that after missing out on the role of Han Solo so long ago that Nolte still got to contribute such a memorable character

Nolte as Han Solo.... just think of Nolte in 48 hrs, and then try to think of him hog-tied from a log above a bundle of Ewoks. :lol

Greedo, Hammerhead, and Bossk are definitely my favorite OT aliens but after that Two-Tubes is definitely very high on the list.

I have all three of those from Sideshow and I must say, even for older figures, they hold up really well! Hammerhead, especially! I'm not sure what HT could do to improve upon him. Plus, he was around $125.

Agreed. Or preorder at a comics shop that charges no shipping. That huge set is going to cost a ton shipped from SS.
Local comic shop is a great way to go but Sideshow is only looking to charge $17.83 for shipping on the Speeder bike set so maybe this won't be much more?

Back