Hot Toys - Star Wars: The Clone Wars - 1/6th scale Captain Rex Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Patiently waiting for this guy to change to in stock "add to cart" status. :tap

I have both the SS versions (Phase I & II), but this guy is my son's favorite SW character (and one of my favorites as well) so I can't pass him up. And curious to see how much better he actually is in hand. I passed on Cody as I still feel my SS version is good enough for that character.

Add in the fact that he will be free from using RP's..:yess:

Great pics. You can really see the green tint to the weathering on Rex here. Especially on the second pic, shoulder armour.
Interesting choice to go with. He still looks fantastic though.

I was surprised that they went with such a heavy green tint, but there are a few shots in Season 7, especially in those last few episodes under certain light where his armor is pretty wrecked and tinted, prior to the final battle in the Venator hanger, not sure it should be this green though. I don't have much of a problem with it though.

I have both the SS versions (Phase I & II), but this guy is my son's favorite SW character (and one of my favorites as well) so I can't pass him up. And curious to see how much better he actually is in hand. I passed on Cody as I still feel my SS version is good enough for that character.

As someone who has the SS Phase 2 Rex...this HT one blows it out of the park. I could post comparison pictures if you want. Similar to Cody, the HT version is just a huge upgrade.

The photo shows Captain Rex after a good cleaning with 91% Isopropyl alcohol. The green tint comes off pretty easily. The blue markings are only slightly more robust than the green tint so care is warranted there. The dark weathering and white paint do not seem to be affected. He fits in quite a bit better now with the 501st clone and more closely matches the art box photos.

Attachments

• IMG_5239.JPG
    IMG_5239.JPG
    230.5 KB · Views: 96
I'm not really sure I believe that's the problem. I'm mean the YouTube creators all get their figures quickly. Granted they all order 1st batch. But still, shipping isn't a problem for them.

I got my Rex in a week from KG which is faster than before Covid and that was with the slowest method. The most common point where it gets held up is leaving Hong Kong it can take weeks sometimes but in this case it took a day.

I’ve spoken to australia post about this and one of the most common reasons there are delays here is that if there is an outbreak/hot spot at a processing centre, the whole thing needs to get shut down, everyone needs to go into quarantine, everything needs to be cleaned and then all new staff need to be resourced. That can take weeks.

I don’t know about the YouTubers though, that’s a whole other thing.

Judging by IG-11 and other recent releases, it won't be 'in stock' for quite a while.

Loving the visor on the 501st grunt, just another display option for the clones, especially if you have 2 or more 501st clones in the collection.
I know right? I am looking through all the accessories and there are so many parts that we can use across all the clones. I have never been an army builder--and swore I wouldn't buy anymore troopers without head sculpts...I just can't stop! Haha

I know right? I am looking through all the accessories and there are so many parts that we can use across all the clones. I have never been an army builder--and swore I wouldn't buy anymore troopers without head sculpts...I just can't stop! Haha

It has been very difficult not to keep buying these 501st clones lol.

I keep telling myself sooner or later we'll be getting normal white ones and the 212th, and need the space for them.

Back