Hot toys Star Wars: Ahsoka™ - 1/6th scale Captain Rex™ Collectible Figure.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome. Looks like the sand base doesn’t have footprints. Cant wait to add this to my collection. I was just saying i should replace my current ones stand. :slap

Didn't the last rex come out like last year? I guess it doesnt matter they are sorta double dipping, especially for those who want him, but its nice to see new characters that arent your standard cut.

So, entirely new armour and helmet sculpts based on show and HT FINALLY put the correct blasters with a live action clone for once (Ahsoka version DC17 pistols and Ahsoka/Mandalorian s3/Andor version DC15 Carbine, HT normally just include the unused prop/realistic Clone Wars version blasters that were never seen on screen). HT put effort in.
This one, as per the rest of the Ahsoka line, looks better in figure form than the on screen costume (the thigh plate halves are actually aligned and connected, the bicep armour isn't backwards and on wrong arms, the elbow pads aren't facing outwards etc. Definitely idealised representation which to me is better than absolute screen accuracy given how janky it was on screen.

Last edited:
Dude is not even bother upload the phase 1 pics… people seeing first post and think this is a re-release.

Another week and another pass. Aside from Indy and John Wick, HT aren't blowing me away this year.

Looking forward to Baylan though.

While I will most likely PO this since its Rex, my son's (and one of mine) favorite PT characters, this is kind of an odd release.

This is one that would've benefited form 2 releases. A standard and a deluxe. Standard would be Phase I Rex (since we already have the CW Phase II), and a deluxe with the interchangeable armor. I assume few collectors are gonna buy 2, and for most like myself that have the CW Rex, the Phase II parts will most likely never leave the box.

I have both SS Phase I and II Rex's as well. Still don't want to part with them. As they are different enough and still good in my eyes (other than the awful SS Phase I head sculpt).

The ot fans are extinct. Their fire has gone out of the universe. We, my friend, are all that’s left of their religion.

That must be what ht thinks. Disney chased us off? Honestly, it might be. Only a few of us left complaining about no 40th figures. I’m almost at the I don’t even care anymore stage.

I’m saving so much money with zero interest in these figures, kids, daddy is turning the electricity back on this year!
Just don't do it too soon, otherwise they might think they're getting something besides coal in their stockings this Xmas. You need to manage expectations.....plus you don't want to spoil them. :lol

Even I didn't want this.

I wanted a Rex based of AoTC Phase 1 armor, not the mess they created for the show, but I guess this will be the best I can get, or I'll keep the SS Phase 1 Rex that hasn't age well at all.

I just don’t see the need for this unless you’re a completionist or something. Rex’s iconic look is his Phase 2 Hybrid armour.

Sure this has some minor upgrades to that but if you already have the original Rex then I see no need to rush out and buy this one, it doesn’t even have a sculpt.

I just don’t see the need for this unless you’re a completionist or something. Rex’s iconic look is his Phase 2 Hybrid armour.

Sure this has some minor upgrades to that but if you already have the original Rex then I see no need to rush out and buy this one, it doesn’t even have a sculpt.
This is for fans of the Ahsoka show and live action clones who will want it to pair with the inevitable Flashback Anakin and Ahsoka figures. It is basically a companion piece not aimed a the folk who have the Clone Wars version Rex. As for me, I want it to add to my Rex display (got Sideshow phase 1, Sideshow phase 2 and HT phase 2 (Clone Wars) already. For those of us who do not need it as they have the previous version it is a nice breather. I suspect most folk are several pre-orders deep in Ahsoka line figures so you should be glad that this announcement is a less central character because the Anakin, Young Ahsoka, Baylan, Shin and Enoch are all but inevitable at this point.

To summarize what I’ve read between this thread and the Clone Wars one so I can understand what we are complaining about this time:

Clone Wars:
-helmet not having correct phase 1 visor
-helmet looks half way between animated and live action
-pauldron not translated correctly from cartoon to live action style
-green tint on the armor
-my personal complaint: pauldron limits arm movement

This version:
-too soon…
-the other rex is good enough
-lack of accessories
-no portrait
-phase I looks bad

I think this looks amazing personally, it fixes 2 major issues I have with the Clone Wars one
-hybrid helmet that looks like the show
-arm not limited by pauldron

I also like the live action treatment HT did with the Kenobi 501st that they’ve done on this. It’s an an new sculpt all the way around, even for the phase I helmet, wait and see if we get the thick mouth line again, but I already like the hybrid helmet over the 1.0.

I was hoping for this version of Rex ever since the Shadow Warrior episode and glad HT is making it.

I was contemplating getting the phase 1 SS version because I’m not a fan of the phase 2 helmet. Also considered getting the HT CW version and buying a phase 1 helmet but that seemed expensive. Based on the price when this finally gets put up for pre order I may be getting this instead of my original plan.

I like Rex. I already have him with the head sculpt. So this is an easy pass for me.

This is for fans of the Ahsoka show and live action clones who will want it to pair with the inevitable Flashback Anakin and Ahsoka figures. It is basically a companion piece not aimed a the folk who have the Clone Wars version Rex. As for me, I want it to add to my Rex display (got Sideshow phase 1, Sideshow phase 2 and HT phase 2 (Clone Wars) already. For those of us who do not need it as they have the previous version it is a nice breather. I suspect most folk are several pre-orders deep in Ahsoka line figures so you should be glad that this announcement is a less central character because the Anakin, Young Ahsoka, Baylan, Shin and Enoch are all but inevitable at this point.
I will indeed enjoy the PO break. The Clone Wars HT Ahsoka from Season 7 is close enough for me to pair with my current Clone Wars Anakin and the first HT Rex...

Back