Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

HT Qui-Gon Jinn please.

2bb06ffa_sure-if-serious-i-am-not.jpeg

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

For me having seen the DX Bespin Luke which I simply must own, I just want a Princess Leia in the classic white outfit. Infact just the most iconic OT figures with an arena Padme would do. Sideshow do a more than adequate job on the aliens and armoured guys.

Recently bought a cheap Sideshow Stormtrooper and I'm now about to buy a Boba Fett. I sometimes wonder if it's a bad idea to continue with the Sideshow line now that HT announced theirs.

Recently bought a cheap Sideshow Stormtrooper and I'm now about to buy a Boba Fett. I sometimes wonder if it's a bad idea to continue with the Sideshow line now that HT announced theirs.

It will be a while before you possibly see a new Fett. The trooper on the other hand.... I hope we see new offerings soon.

One thing I like about this thread is... it brings the old and new generations together. This shows the love for Star Wars is everywhere and in any time.

HT Qui-Gon Jinn please.

It's one of my 'most wanteds' as well man. :duff

Don't listen to PP - he's a PP head.
Hell. Yes. I just can't get past the hair on the Sideshow. It's just....so obvious how its split and the separation makes it impossible for me to ignore.

It's one of my 'most wanteds' as well man. :duff

He's already been released - did you miss it? Ebay for second chance win!

Don't listen to PP - he's a PP head.

Here, listen to Darthrazz then - he sad it all:

I still like the Sideshow QUi Gon, I think he still holds up well with the newer figures, even if it was released almost 10 years ago.

But I'll add more. Qui-Gon is a minor character in the PT. Don't expect Hot Toys to take time on him when there's so much more marketability with other OT and NT (New Trilogy - like that?) characters.

Of course, I know he's not a priority character for HT - and? :huh

I'd love to see it happen though, that was my point - not, 'can't wait till they make him'.

The SSC figure is alright - sure, but the only thing going for it now really, is the outfit minus the boots - that's it. The head paint is below average, & the hair piece is worse. The buck body doesn't pose naturally enough, & that's that pretty much. I owned the figure once upon a time & should've kept the outfit in hindsight. Ah well..

You could customize a new figure with the outfit & a new body & custom head, but ehh. Getting a custom Liam Neeson head that properly matches the character - is hit & miss at best.. unless you're taking your time with your own figure.

Of course, I know he's not a priority character for HT - and? :huh

I'd love to see it happen though, that was my point - not, 'can't wait till they make him'.

The SSC figure is alright - sure, but the only thing going for it now really, is the outfit minus the boots - that's it. The head paint is below average, & the hair piece is worse. The buck body doesn't pose naturally enough, & that's that pretty much. I owned the figure once upon a time & should've kept the outfit in hindsight. Ah well..

You could customize a new figure with the outfit & a new body & custom head, but ehh. Getting a custom Liam Neeson head that properly matches the character - is hit & miss at best.. unless you're taking your time with your own figure.

Yeah, there's some nice Liam heads out there, but then you gotta mod it. :(
I'd rather see a new release on a nice body with new tailored duds.
Although I see PP's point that if I were wanting to rape money from collectors, he probably wouldn't be slated highly by me. I think we'll see a lot of clones, troopers, and the most popular characters taking the front. Anakin and Padme are obviously high priority just because Chan is a huge fan of them, but aside from his particular favs, I'm sure it's going to be a money drive.

I don't reckon HT will bother with clones too much, but hey - who knows.

The priority will no doubt be determined by LFL/Disney - they license what they want to license. Makes some sense to try and maximize profits by concentrating on characters that are in the new movies, even if we see OT versions of them.

I've seen some decent mods of the Qui-Gon head sculpt - changing the poofy hair around the ears helps tremendously.

Didn't hot toys already do stormtroopers and clone troopers?if I'm not mistaken they sculpted them for sideshow.i remember seeing the hot toys logo on the box of my stormtrooper.

The priority will no doubt be determined by LFL/Disney - they license what they want to license. Makes some sense to try and maximize profits by concentrating on characters that are in the new movies, even if we see OT versions of them.
Well - sure, but HT will make decisions that make the most business sense - to them. Do you see them doubling up on characters that SSC has covered, at present? It'd just be more of the same really, & I thought you were one of the people making the 'competition is silly' case. :lol

It is silly in this case - SSC are doing a good job with them for the most part. I say they'll move their attention elsewhere.

Steven - HT assisted SSC with developing the clones, they didn't make the figures.

Didn't hot toys already do stormtroopers and clone troopers?if I'm not mistaken they sculpted them for sideshow.i remember seeing the hot toys logo on the box of my stormtrooper.

Hot Toys has released both clone troopers and stormtroopers, just not in 1/6. :lol

I am hoping the new movies will bring back some of that familiarity. I think having the original cast involved will help. I just did not like how the prequels over explained everything. I did not need to know about midichlorians or about the political conflicts.

I think the inclusion of the original cast is just like Abrams going back to the original crew in Star Trek. People think it's needed but what we really need are good stories. I assume the original cast will be in all three movies too even if in a small role. They won't kill them off in this first movie.

I agree that we didn't need the explanation of the Jedi powers. But we did need the political stuff. Even though it was poorly handled. We needed to see how the Emperor managed to control everything. Even though many things we needed to see were never shown. I read something from someone here or elsewhere about how Lucas didn't show how feelings about the Jedi changed from Episode I to Episode III. Also we never see any sort of debate with the Jedi over becoming soldiers and fighting wars. There was no reason for these movies to suck but they do because of, and I hate to say it, a lazy script.

Part of me feels that if Abrams couldn't get Star Trek right and how he basically pointed to everything else other than the script with the second movie. And how they are Star Trek in name and look but not feeling. How could he come close to getting Star Wars right when he's going about the almost exact same patten of doing things.

Do you see them doubling up on characters that SSC has covered, at present? It'd just be more of the same really, & I thought you were one of the people making the 'competition is silly' case. :lol

I agree. I felt it wasn't worth repeating myself in this case - I've already made that point before. ;) The license will be spread between them and I doubt we'll see duplicated effort. But I expect the effort from Hot Toys will be a lot more focused/selective than with Sideshow. In other words, I expect Hot Toys to put out less products, but perhaps more premium ones.

Steven - HT assisted SSC with developing the clones, they didn't make the figures.

I've seen multiple different explanations of this - relating only to the original troopers, not clones 1. That it was help with the bodies and 2. that it was help with the armor. I think most of what I've read has been about the bodies. I personally have no idea which one is correct, but I'd lean toward the bodies if I had to guess.

Just to clarify, I meant the ones that SSC have done a good job on (ala clones generally), don't really need revisiting. I did say that later in my previous post anyway.. but I'm assuming you understood it that way.

Yeah - bodies, armour - or both. Not sure personally either, but that's exactly what I've read as well.

Back