Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

For me, it also comes down to how well acted the character was...
I mean, Hayden Christensen was just awful as Anakin. Ewan McGregor as Obi-wan on the other hand...great acting, seems almost wasted on how poor the prequels were. I would actually say Ewan McGregor was the past actor of all the Star Wars Movies.

Now that figure would be awesome. Also, 3 different head sculpts depicting the 3 different movie Obi-Wans could be made as he did not change his outfit between the movies very much!!!

Re: Hot Toys - STAR WARS 1/6th & 1/4th Figures from Episode I-VII + New Interviews

I don't mean to be a ****, but I still have trouble grasping the idea that there are people now old enough to have grown up with the prequels and have nostalgic feelings for them. I feel old.

Yep, 15 years since TPM was released and next year will be ROTS 10th anniversary. We're definitely getting old.

I watch movies like Jurassic park and the CG effects still look awesome... Yet I watch attack of the clones and it looks unbelievably fake and CG. I know the first 3 movies are a Star Wars but I do not connect that Hayden Christensen became vader.

I saw a custom Jedi Luke, I want an official one from Hot Toys asap.

I was 14 when Episode 1 came out. Therefore I have the most nostalgic feelings towards it. Attack of the Clones and Revenge of the Sith... not so much. I didn't like them even when they came out haha. This will sound insane to some, but Episode 1 is my favorite of the prequels. The main reason is the nostalgia and the build up to it coming out. The other reason is because looking back, it was the only movie that was shot on film and still used some old school puppetry and techniques. The compositing in episode 2 looks so blown out and just simply awful. Looking at the movie now its amazing how horrible all of the clones looked in terms of the CG! Would it have killed them to at least make one suit and put the guy on a green screen to make multiples?

I started watching the whole series with my wife, and I just had to stop during Episode 2, it just gets so bad from a script standpoint.

Yep, 15 years since TPM was released and next year will be ROTS 10th anniversary. We're definitely getting old.

I was 15 when TPM came out and it is by far my favorite of the prequels and I like it just as much as the OT. I'm sure my nostalgic feeling has something to do with it, but I have more Episode 1 collectibles than any other (especially Darth Maul stuff), and EP1 stuff is still the majority of what I collect from all of Star Wars.

If HT ever makes a Darth Maul DX that would be an instant pre-order for me.

I agree, rewatching the prequels recently, TPM was the most enjoyable for me and felt the most akin to the spirit of the originals. I barely made it through the other two.

Hehe, I was 10 when TPM aired in theaters. The perfect age for a good hype. Still get goodebumps in certain scenes, but that is largely because of the score . Darth Maul was the shizz back then, double bladed lightsaber wooo! :)

Hehe, I was 10 when TPM aired in theaters. The perfect age for a good hype. Still get goodebumps in certain scenes, but that is largely because of the score . Darth Maul was the shizz back then, double bladed lightsaber wooo! :)

Nothing beats the moment end when the hangar door opened and Darth Maul and the jedi throw down. Maul should have been the villain threaded through the prequels, and I could have easily done without the Count Dooku mumbo jumbo.

Remember the tone poem character spots that went online? I absolutely loved those! They were written better than the movie was haha.

Last edited:

Darth Maul was the shizz back then, double bladed lightsaber wooo! :)

Still is my friend....still is. :lecture

Nothing beats the moment end when the hangar door opened and Darth Maul and the jedi throw down. Maul should have been the villain threaded through the prequels, and I could have easily done without the Count Dooku mumbo jumbo.

I really like Christopher Lee, but I agree, Maul should have been in all three films.

Anakin as Vader should have killed Maul in the third film.

I was 13 when TPM came out and still remember the feeling I had watching it for the first time....good times! Alls I know is HT better make a Maul in 1:6 and 1:4! Bring on bloodfin speeder too!

I liked parts of The Phantom Menace. But I knew it wasn't the same as Star Wars. Especially at the end. That and when I saw Episode 2 was when I knew the prequels wouldn't be the same as the classic original trilogy. And that is a bad thing because they are essentially putting together something that's bad with something that's great.

I liked parts of The Phantom Menace. But I knew it wasn't the same as Star Wars. Especially at the end. That and when I saw Episode 2 was when I knew the prequels wouldn't be the same as the classic original trilogy. And that is a bad thing because they are essentially putting together something that's bad with something that's great.

I am hoping the new movies will bring back some of that familiarity. I think having the original cast involved will help. I just did not like how the prequels over explained everything. I did not need to know about midichlorians or about the political conflicts.

I got my DX07 today. They're so amazing! They might be my second favorite set, behind my Iminime Fight Club figures of course.

There's only one Star Wars Trilogy, and that contains Episodes IV, V and VI.

There's only one Star Wars Trilogy, and that contains Episodes IV, V and VI.

178139105.gif

Looks like he's banging the back of his head on an invisible wall.

Back