Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea seeing it next to that custom makes me extremly sad. Like damn it took them forever to release this thing and they half ass it. This is literally the most popular iteration of Spiderman. The keaton of Spidermen. Seriously side by side the Hot toys figure looks like it was done by Hasbro. The disrespect is unreal.

No competition for thse licenses so they aren't even going to bother. That and or they'll just save it for a S2 version because they know they can give us something good they just want to get more money off us.

IMG_5014.jpg

He's got his flaws for sure but I still like him.

View attachment 695495
He's got his flaws for sure but I still like him.
I was largely put off by the initial pics of this figure bk of the neck seam. But here that seam doesn’t seem nearly as prominent.

I do really like the colors of this figure, the raised webbing, and the body proportions are also really nice.

That custom's overly thick neck ruins it. That's some Rock level nonsense. Luckily the guy making that headsculpt is also going to be selling just the head for use with the stock figure, so that'll be a nice option.

Last edited:
Great photo! I've just stayed away from all the toxic BS about this figure, just wish Sideshow
would freaking ship my two copies so I can finish my display, lol
Ignorance is bliss- but I don’t consider deservedly pointing out the figure’s flaws and criticising HT’s clear laziness to be toxic BS.

Valid critique is only conflated with toxic, hateful, naysaying now since major production companies defaulted to hurling out that terminology to deflect blame and avoid taking any accountability, self-reflecting, or facing their own flaws to improve.

Standards have to be upheld somehow so, when the manufacturer decides to put in less than their best effort, it’s the consumers duty and right to demand better.

I'm sorry, we can agree to disagree, but it is 100% toxic... as is so much of the internets, lol.

Oh and also, it's not ignorance when you like the figure as it is and are happy to be getting it.
There is a mob/group think thing going on with this figure. I am happy with my figure. Can Hot Toys do better? Yes, but it’s not the over exaggerated fail that the internet mob keep harping about.

There is a mob/group think thing going on with this figure. I am happy with my figure. Can Hot Toys do better? Yes, but it’s not the over exaggerated fail that the internet mob keep harping about.

I disagree. In all honesty what exactly is the upgrade from previously released HT Raimi Spideys? 🤷

This seems like a slap in the face from HT (always was since the promos).

I'm sorry, we can agree to disagree, but it is 100% toxic... as is so much of the internets, lol.

Oh and also, it's not ignorance when you like the figure as it is and are happy to be getting it.
So we can’t point out the flaws and how the figure is a disappointment? So when hopefully the next release comes it is handle with the same care as there other releases. Huh?

The majority who criticised this release aren't being toxic, and especially not on this forum. Very fair criticisms being put forward for what is a £250 doll.

I hate that 'toxic' is thrown around so liberally these days whenever people aren't massively positive on something. It's just people sharing their opinion. I have this and was a bit disappointed with certain aspects, but overall glad I finally have a Tobey-Man in the collection.

I’m afraid I do not agree to your terms or the application of Toxic; especially if you believe it to be an appropriate assessment of critics in this forum.

You can **** all over the nature of discourse of Facebook, Instagram, and Reddit- I don’t know what they’re saying or how- but I see nothing here that isn’t 100% valid.

Negativity of any sort gets dismissed and condemned far too easily and too often. I partly blame the feminisation of our culture where feelings are prioritised over giving proper feedback but that’s another discussion entirely.

I’m afraid I do not agree to your terms or the application of Toxic; especially if you believe it to be an appropriate assessment of critics in this forum.

You can **** all over the nature of discourse of Facebook, Instagram, and Reddit- I don’t know what they’re saying or how- but I see nothing here that isn’t 100% valid.

Negativity of any sort gets dismissed and condemned far too easily and too often. I partly blame the feminisation of our culture where feelings are prioritised over giving proper feedback but that’s another discussion entirely.
The Internet loves to create hiveminds, so finding a well-populated and active forum that isn't completely positive or negative is a rarity these days.

Depending on where you go, I actually observe more "toxic positivity" then I do negativity nowadays. I can understand someone finding the discussion as being too negative and not something they would want to participate in but like you said, so much of the stuff said here is valid. It's not people b*tching for the sake of it.

And it's not like Hot Toys is a small business, towards which people are more sympathetic and understanding. If they could, and no one cared, they would absolutely cut corners. Hell, it took f***king InArt to come around to force these guys to step up their game.

Also, I see that people are often more critical about the things they love. Because we know Hot Toys is more than capable of doing better. And the same people "complaining" right now would undoubtedly be willing to pay more (myself included) if they were presented with a figure that looked like the custom.

The Internet loves to create hiveminds, so finding a well-populated and active forum that isn't completely positive or negative is a rarity these days.

Depending on where you go, I actually observe more "toxic positivity" then I do negativity nowadays. I can understand someone finding the discussion as being too negative and not something they would want to participate in but like you said, so much of the stuff said here is valid. It's not people b*tching for the sake of it.

And it's not like Hot Toys is a small business, towards which people are more sympathetic and understanding. If they could, and no one cared, they would absolutely cut corners. Hell, it took f***king InArt to come around to force these guys to step up their game.

Also, I see that people are often more critical about the things they love. Because we know Hot Toys is more than capable of doing better. And the same people "complaining" right now would undoubtedly be willing to pay more (myself included) if they were presented with a figure that looked like the custom.
Exactly! They can make a flawless looking iron man for the millionth time and 300 jokers just to catch up with inart but this release looks like an updated version of the 2011 figure. This was no way home’s most anticipated figure so of course people are going to complain and it’s justified

Back