Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think many of us here are conflating this release with a SR trilogy release. When in fact this figure is a NWH release. I know many of us wanted this to cover both the OT and this new movie but the fact remains it doesn’t.

I would have also liked to see a happy medium between the two movie styles but if you look at spidey in this new movie he looks more like this figure release than the the old movies. Perhaps he lost some musculature as he got older or slimmed down some but he is thinner in this movie. Compare shots from both movies and you’ll see spidey does not look the same.

The only thing I will say to the “toxic” talk is that it’s fine to have criticisms, it’s fine to disagree on those criticisms, but when people are attacking other people for liking what they like it is toxic. If you go back through this thread you will see plenty of people belittling others for liking this figure, buying this figure, or making any kind of positive comment about this figure.

Perhaps those people believe that any money given to HT for what they feel is an awful release, inconveniences them from ever getting in their mind a proper Raimi Spider-Man. HT will always make what it makes but we can choose to vote with our dollars.

My the Batman figure still hasn’t came yet and that’s been out long before Tobey. I have no idea what could be going on

Maybe that boat that hit the bridge in Baltimore had all our stuff on it

My the Batman figure still hasn’t came yet and that’s been out long before Tobey. I have no idea what could be going on

Maybe that boat that hit the bridge in Baltimore had all our stuff on it
That would be an odd route to the docks on the West coast... I think in the case of Spidey, it's one of those batch releases where a few get shipped and then there's a wait for another batch, and so on. There's also the conspiracy theory that they're fixing things on subsequent batches, causing the delay. I'm skeptical of that. Also, I think the first batch might've all been deluxe as I also got the delay and I ordered the regular.

That would be an odd route to the docks on the West coast... I think in the case of Spidey, it's one of those batch releases where a few get shipped and then there's a wait for another batch, and so on. There's also the conspiracy theory that they're fixing things on subsequent batches, causing the delay. I'm skeptical of that. Also, I think the first batch might've all been deluxe as I also got the delay and I ordered the regular.
lol as soon as I posted this I checked my email and I got an invoice

I guess I just don't understand the hold up when it's been out since January 1st or at least the blogger pics have. My order with Replay Toys also says May.
Of course I walk into my local shop today and they have the Tobey Spider-Man 😑

1000008073.jpg

Also as far as discussion goes I agree that many times the opinions of people either good or bad shouldn't be considered "toxic" more so passionate about the particular item in question and more constructive feedback then anything or valid criticism. I think the figure is good to a degree but I dislike the fact that it wasn't given a proper release. However I can understand this was probably already in the works before InArt started to become popular enough to push HT to put in some effort. This and Amazing Spider-Man aren't updated like the recent releases with separate eyes and quality updates etc. I do believe HT is saving the best Tobey Spider-Man for later, but maybe not if InArt can't contend with them on the license to push them to do better. Again no competition in one field won't force them to even bother trying.

Yea it seems like ever since inart happened they are pushing all there characters to look as real as possible

Ya know you’d think they’d take advantage of the fact that most of films are back in theaters and it’s anniversary is coming up but nah make more boring ass storm troopers I guess

Welp, got fully charged today, regular version shipped. I’m not excited for this figure at all. Hopefully my negativity changes when I get in hand.

Last edited:
Back