Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not really a legit source but I'm guessing that is why they haven't put it up for preorder yet. A few people on FB said the same thing also, but whether it's true or not I just hope he goes up cause Tobey and Andrew Spider-man is my most wanted.

I think his body is totally wrong, maybe not now, but back then Tobey was in a pretty good shape with some meat on arms and thighs,hate these spaghetti bodies.
And I don't think they'll change anything with Andrew,why they'd announce it last week if they were going to change sculpt and everything, makes no sense.

The one they showed us was FINE. I have a bad feeling if they mess with it it's gonna be WORSE. And god I hope we see the Tobey sculpt by the weekend. So far the con has been stuff we have already seen. No NEW figures.

It honestly looks rather underwhelming and very toyetic. Maybe it's personal fatigue, but more and more figures look like that to me. The ugly seams, the turkey neck, the plastic hands; it loses that realism factor. I'll still buy it, stick it somewhere, and cross it off my list though. I want a Raimi-Man for nostalgia reasons, but I don't care enough to wait for a hypothetical 10/10. And honestly, with how HT is now, I doubt we'll ever get another. InArt getting the licence is a no-go since Disney is cozy with HT, so this is the best we'll get. At least within the decade. It's been around a decade since the last Raimi-Man hasn't it? So screw it, I'm not going to be waiting another decade for a single figure to reach 500$ all so that HT will fix the seams in the DX MegaUltra Deluxe V 3.5 (SS X-Clusive).

I don't know, maybe I'm just tired and want to finally be done with a lot of things.

Last edited:
Yep. Both extremely inaccurate and lazy.
I just don't understand why they're actively choosing to use these more restrictive rubbery materials rather than the material they used on say the Spider-Verse Miles which is much closer to wha was used for their actualy suits in the movies: stretchy spandex type material.

Mind boggling decision making here from Hot Toys, as per usual.

Every sixth scale showed on sideshow booth are badly posed, the guy responsible is a criminal.

They didn't even push his head all the way in lol

6upgz10708d91.jpg

I don't know what would be better solution, but the webbing going all squirrely everywhere the fabric gets bunched up is pretty cheap looking, like puff paint cosplay. Can't be good for longevity either

I can't believe people were complaining about a wrinkle on the neck of classic Spiderman, but you're gonna accept this ugly joint right across the fabric of one of the most elegant suits ever put on film. :ohbfrank:

I would much prefer the neck part stay on the costume and the head be separate. I really don't give a damn if we see the skin of his neck with the mask off. If this is the alternative, basically ruining the look of the whole figure, for that one gimmick? No, its not worth it.

It looks like he's wearing a turtleneck underneath the suit. Like a frog with a throat sack. It looks like a bee stung him and he's got an inflamed thyroid.

What they ought to do is Make this a DX and just give us 2 separate figures. One perfect seamless fully enclosed suit with no visible joints and one without the mask where the suit stops right at the collar. Back when HT had standards, we got DX07 Luke because they understood you can't put battle damage on the clean Bespin outfit. They have to be 2 separate outfits. So for the sake accuracy, thats what we got. Because HT refused to compromise. They need to go back to that mindset.

Back