Hot Toys Spider-Man (Tobey Maguire) - Spider-Man: No Way Home

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who doesn't want a giant seamline coming down the forehead of their $300+ Spider-Man figure? Truly accurate to the movie.
Bj0AmE7.png
Me when I see this figure:
1704759229737.png

It’s so strange, I thought that Tobey Maguire figure was going to blow away the other two versions. I am surprised that the head and neck seams are so pronounced.

The only reasons I went with the Garfield version was for longer body and big eyes. But otherwise expected that he wouldn’t look as good as the TM version. That said I think the Garfield Spidey is the superior figure.

Sure he has seams on his head and neck but they are much less pronounced.

Attachments

• 2C1F594C-9161-452C-A8FA-3A477D1FF725.jpeg
    2C1F594C-9161-452C-A8FA-3A477D1FF725.jpeg
    761.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 92A65C92-F3E8-48ED-9BCC-A0FC35A43A7D.jpeg
    92A65C92-F3E8-48ED-9BCC-A0FC35A43A7D.jpeg
    803.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 0E7997FF-D8DC-43BC-A843-8AEBAB5CEA6A.jpeg
    0E7997FF-D8DC-43BC-A843-8AEBAB5CEA6A.jpeg
    708 KB · Views: 0
It’s so strange, I thought that Tobey Maguire figure was going to blow away the other two versions. I am surprised that the head and neck seams are so pronounced.

The only reasons I went with the Garfield version was for longer body and big eyes. But otherwise expected that he wouldn’t look as good as the TM version. That said I think the Garfield Spidey is the superior figure.

Sure he has seams on his head and neck but they are much less pronounced.
They blended the gap from the neck to body a thousand times better on the Garfield figure. It's such a stark difference in comparison between the two.

3yL7EOR.png
chq9Ox2.png

They blended the gap from the neck to body a thousand times better on the Garfield figure. It's such a stark difference in comparison between the two.

3yL7EOR.png
chq9Ox2.png
I guess that’s the sad/disappointing bit, HT had just demonstrated that they could blend the gap from the neck to the body well. In truth since the Maguire release came later they probably should have been able to improve the technique …but at very least it should be equivalent.

3yL7EOR.png
chq9Ox2.png
And as so often with HT the Maguire figure seems to have this unnatural stiff posture to the shoulders, neck and head. Could just be a bad angle and bad posing but I suspect he has stick-up-the-bum syndrome like their Cavill Supermans and DX10 T-800.

As much as I’d love to have Raimi Spider-Man representation in my collection and having it let simmer since it released, I’m still not sold on this.

I just don’t feel good about it when it’s a subpar product, imo. I was even willing to look past how it’s not the ideal version that I truly want (Spider-Man 2), and that gaudy forehead seam-line and the off center lenses are not helping at all.

But can I have my display without my childhood hero? On the shelf, the flaws won’t be as noticeable and this is the one shot at a Hot Toys Raimi red/blue suit. Ugh.
Yea this company is weird. Who knows when we will get another raimi Spider-Man. Could be tomorrow, could be 7 yrs from now could be never

Yea this company is weird. Who knows when we will get another raimi Spider-Man. Could be tomorrow, could be 7 yrs from now could be never
RIght? If i keep my order and don't cancel, will this figure look better in hand? If not then there is no other option for having a raimi spider-man in my collection to go with the NWH green goblin. It's such a ****** thing what HT has done to this spider-man, out of all the possible spider-man figures they've made.

HT def should go back to making the suit more fabric and less of that rubber nylon stuff. Spider-man figures need to be able to be put into poses. These things crease up every time you bend anything. The scarlet spider comes to mind. The legs on this guy are almost entirely rubber.

Rumor from HK is they are "fixing" the masked head for the second batch. No details and unconfirmed but there it is. I can't imagine they could fix the neck seam but maybe there is hope for the webbing, lenses, and forehead seam to be fixed. There will be some spicy collectors that got first batch unless they go Mark 85 on this.

Rumor from HK is they are "fixing" the masked head for the second batch. No details and unconfirmed but there it is. I can't imagine they could fix the neck seam but maybe there is hope for the webbing, lenses, and forehead seam to be fixed. There will be some spicy collectors that got first batch unless they go Mark 85 on this.
I saw this on a Facebook group and the original poster never came back with a source but I really hope it is true.
Tom Holland Dancing GIF by Spider-Man

I don't have this on order, but this definitely deserves MK85 headsculpt treatment for anyone that ordered it. I hope you all get that update.

This figure has put me off of getting the SM3 Black Suit version. This is just awful, one of HT worst releases in recent years.

Definitely hope they do something about the headsculpt.
I ordered it through Sideshow. Are they receiving first batches that are currently shipping to the USA or later batches? I would cancel if it was first batch and the improvements were official.

This happened with the Homecoming figure. The initial batch had the highly obvious seam and I picked up a later batch head from Toy Anxiety where the seam was much less visible.

This to me is the batman begins for marvel. Well revered and extremely beloved version, but hot toys drops the ball on it for no reason as we have to wait for customs or a 2.0 even though we've waited since 2011 for one. I've never been this annoyed by a release I don't think.

1: the tobey head, it's alright I think we've gotten some bad photos of it but in the sideshow video it looks fine. but still what happened to the proto. This stuff confuses me because you made the proto head, just use that mould why is it completely different??? I never get this especially as the proto looked fantastic.

2: The masked head............................... what the hell did they do?? The proto wasn't perfect by any means but this looks so odd, the weirdest part is in the sideshow video it's fixed and back to proto level. And again like batman begins we shouldn't wait for batch two, thats what you know, the year between PO and release is for. And it's scummy for people who payed extra for batch 1 like they're a test.

3: The seam, I knew there would be a seam in the head and neck... but why are they SO bad. Andrew looked fine to me and honestly with him I was happy with the new neck system. but here it's a wreck. And the seam on the head, why is it so prominent at the front and not at the back, you know like the real ******* mask!!??

4: The body........ ok what is this body? in pictures it's ******* shorter and smaller than tom??! what?? they're the same height in real life which I get, but Tobey is bulkier and a different build completely. So his head is too big and he looks like a kid but also 45. The body mod someone posted earlier is way better, not even for the trilogy build with the muscle suit but more like the proto.

All my problems here aren't even that it doesn't resemble him from the trilogy, while preferable I don't need it to. The Sh figuarts proved that to me as that looks better than it does in the film yet also accurate. These are all proto to product complaints, of which there was some from the proto too

5: the red is way too bright, hot toys never uses another red fabric and it's a problem. Tom andrew and tobey are the same red...... WHY?? Tom is very bright, andrew should be a dark satin maroon, tobey should be very mid range but very deep and saturated similar to alex ross spider-man.

6: Now I do not understand why hot toys can't make a FABRIC spider-man. Comic spidey which is based off nothing has plain rubber blue, so it's not to add detail it's just for the sake of it. This guy.... tobey has no screenprinting. The black suit had the brick pattern shiny but the classic is dye sub. I was looking forward to him because despite being terrible now the old tobey has all fabric and I've seen crazy poses with him. This guy would've been perfect and stood out if he could pose. But it's this weird shiny blue entirely which is wrong, it should look very matte.

7: despite the proto looking better, it's still not right. They can get the heads right because andrew looks damn near spot on especially with the eye mod it really makes the whole head look better and show how right it was. It should have a really sharp jaw and sharper more horizontal eyes. Tobey's eyes are made too vertical when they really aren't. Imagine the top being a browline, he should look quite angry or stern with the angle.

This happened with the Homecoming figure. The initial batch had the highly obvious seam and I picked up a later batch head from Toy Anxiety where the seam was much less visible.
Just not acceptable imo. Shouldn’t be punished for buying the figure when it comes out.

And the seam is far from the only major issue with this figure.

Back