1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Miles Morales Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is a bit pricey. After both discounts it comes to about $380.70 AUD, or $247 USD shipped.

Yep. This could be the one that brings collecting to a halt for me. That $470 regular price and massive delays have really sucked the joy out of it all.
I have a few grail Star Wars figures to get like Bespin Han, but it looks like prices are heading towards AU$500. If that?s what they get to, I?ll probably quit and sell off my collection.

Who'd keep collecting at that price point in general? Could we see a crash in the 1/6 scale collectable market soon?
Putting on my old man pants, I remember buying my first Hot Toys figure for $200 brand new (Black Widow, Avengers).

Yep. This could be the one that brings collecting to a halt for me. That $470 regular price and massive delays have really sucked the joy out of it all.
I have a few grail Star Wars figures to get like Bespin Han, but it looks like prices are heading towards AU$500. If that?s what they get to, I?ll probably quit and sell off my collection.

Who'd keep collecting at that price point in general? Could we see a crash in the 1/6 scale collectable market soon?
Putting on my old man pants, I remember buying my first Hot Toys figure for $200 brand new (Black Widow, Avengers).

You do know half the problem isn’t exactly what Hot Toys is charging, but that our Australian currency keeps on devaluing.

When I first started collecting we pretty much were parity with the US, or rather when I started the products on Popcultcha’s website were with parity as the price was locked in a year or two earlier when it was parity. Now we’re around 0.65 USD.

Since that time, inflation plus the above have caused the cost of many Collectables to literally double in AUD terms, especially statues. I pretty much collect 1/4 & 1/3 scale statues (and sometimes larger) and the like, so this price difference really hurts. Whereas the price for Hot Toys for me are more or less far easier to swallow, even though those too have increased quite dramatically, but just not as severe.

In US dollar terms we’re spending at least $20 USD less than Sideshows retail cost (as long as you can stack double discounts), and we also have Popcultcha’s free shipping. So maybe $40-50 USD lower when all is said and done.

Mafex has a very cool alternative it?s only 100 to. It?s smaller but it?s about the same as this

I went to price out Bucky on SS's website and between taxes and shipping he was up to $293 I think. I'm about to start professional school so my perspective might be inherently biased now, but that was the first real moment where I kinda had the "these days are super numbered" feeling. I know I'll get stuff here and there. I still need to get Armored Thanos, but I'm gonna plunge it by $225 with RPs. But I really just felt turned off to the whole hobby at that point. Seeing that price for a figure with what equates to two worthwhile accessories just felt bad.

He's a character I really would like to get but I just can't budge at that price.

Still haven't ordered him.

Do you think it is worth pre-ordering Miles Morales and Gwen? I love the movie (might be the best Spider-Man movie) but I only so far have Marvel movie MCU figures and I wanted to stick to this line as much as possible (passed on PS4 Spideys, DC or SW).

Not sure how these "animated style figures" will go next to MCU live action figures. Is there a chance Hot Toys will release Peter B Parker, Noir as well?

Any thoughts?

Do you think it is worth pre-ordering Miles Moralea and Gwen? I love the movie (might be the best Spider-Man movie) but I only so far have Marvel movie MCU figures and I wanted to stick to this line as much as possible (passed on PS4 Spideys, DC or SW).

Not sure how these "animated style figures" will go next to MCU live action figures. Is there a chance Hot Toys will release Peter B Parker, Noir as well?

Any thoughts?

I understand your concerns but I think the figures from this collection will compliment the MCU collection nicely. Sure they may look a bit different bk the headsculpts are based on the animated film but otherwise I think they will look pretty similar even with the body proportions. In addition since you liked the film so much it makes sense to add these to your collection.

Do you think it is worth pre-ordering Miles Morales and Gwen? I love the movie (might be the best Spider-Man movie) but I only so far have Marvel movie MCU figures and I wanted to stick to this line as much as possible (passed on PS4 Spideys, DC or SW).

Any thoughts?

Miles is getting his own PS4 game so you could always wait until they release that version of him? Since it will have more realistic proportions.

I think Toys Era are making a Noir spidey.

Miles is getting his own PS4 game so you could always wait until they release that version of him? Since it will have more realistic proportions.

I think Toys Era are making a Noir spidey.

That is true, but so far I managed to pass on PS4 Spider-Man figures (even how great they are) and stick to movie pieces, I would just be too tempted to get as many suits as possible and I am not rich ahaha. I will wait with Miles and Gwen pre-order and see how I feel in few weeks or months :)

That is true, but so far I managed to pass on PS4 Spider-Man figures (even how great they are) and stick to movie pieces, I would just be too tempted to get as many suits as possible and I am not rich ahaha. I will wait with Miles and Gwen pre-order and see how I feel in few weeks or months :)

Take a look at this unboxing and review Waiden. I think this looks pretty good, but I expect the Hot Toys version to surpass this ...

https://youtu.be/QoyhxpgEeys

If Peter B. gets made I'm all in. I'll make due with the Marvel Legends figure for now.
main-qimg-6a3bde49acc04cfbf9865bd17ba3acc6.jpg

Does anyone know if the feet are separate in order to put the sneakers on? Only ask as I have a spare pair with Nike logo that would be pegged onto the ankles!

Back