1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I may have to pick this up... and I have no Spiderman figures in my collection 😂

The local official distributor is lazy so I'll probably be getting this in 2-3 months.
The pics and reviews really show how nice it is even with limited accessories.

I may have to pick this up... and I have no Spiderman figures in my collection 😂
I have the Iron Spider Armor, but they won't be displayed together. This needs its own space!

Mysterio is one of my favorite characters, but not sure about that suit material lasting very long

Mysterio is one of my favorite characters, but not sure about that suit material lasting very long
How so? Honestly aside from thin leather jackets on some figures from like a decade ago, when was the last time a suit material on a Hot Toys figure didn’t last? I’m struggling to think of any.

How so? Honestly aside from thin leather jackets on some figures from like a decade ago, when was the last time a suit material on a Hot Toys figure didn’t last? I’m struggling to think of any.
Haven't there been issues with those types of suits? Like how batfleck batman was peeling.

It is more of an issue with humidity and temperature. I have a ton of figures with pleather some almost 14 years old with no issues. People in other parts of the country and world might have a very different experience

So this figure's outfit has some cool effects when you shine UV lights on it. I was wondering what would be the best way to display the figure to show off the UV effect? Are there UV LED strips that can be applied to the display cabinet? Or would you guys not bother and just use a UV flash light to shine on it?

So this figure's outfit has some cool effects when you shine UV lights on it. I was wondering what would be the best way to display the figure to show off the UV effect? Are there UV LED strips that can be applied to the display cabinet? Or would you guys not bother and just use a UV flash light to shine on it?
Yep, some companies make UV Led strips. That’s what I’d go with vs a flashlight so if you want to just leave it on and enjoy it’s awesomeness, you won’t have to stand around pointing a light at it when you do

Yep, some companies make UV Led strips. That’s what I’d go with vs a flashlight so if you want to just leave it on and enjoy it’s awesomeness, you won’t have to stand around pointing a light at it when you do
Wouldn't there be a chance that long term exposure to artificial UV light might damage this figure like exposure to real sunlight would... :unsure:

Heads Up - my final payment for Mysterio with Sideshow has been moved from 15/8 to 15/9.
Hopefully it won't get moved again, unlike EG Cap which got moved monthly for over a year...

Wouldn't there be a chance that long term exposure to artificial UV light might damage this figure like exposure to real sunlight would... :unsure:
That was my thought too. It might not damage the material to the same extent as true sunlight, but it's certainly something I would never take a chance on with any figure.

C0E4689E-D0D4-4B0A-B356-62FA2BE3B6C3.jpeg

Back