1/6 Hot Toys - Spider-Man: Far From Home - Mysterio

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Damn, that JG headsculpt looks the best so far on Jedha's video. I'm actually convinced it looks great now. Those bloggers didn't do the portrait any favors apparently. Looking forward to getting mine now.
I'm tired of the sculpt fights after every figure reveal. Sculpts/figures always look better in hand and HT does them better than anyone. I don't mind holding them to high standards, but some might as well print a photo out and staple it onto a 1/6th head.

Deadpool-wearing-Hugh-Jackman-mask.jpg

I'm tired of the sculpt fights after every figure reveal. Sculpts/figures always look better in hand and HT does them better than anyone. I don't mind holding them to high standards, but some might as well print a photo out and staple it onto a 1/6th head.

Deadpool-wearing-Hugh-Jackman-mask.jpg
Get used to it, bub. Sculpt fights will always rage on forever within the community whether you like it or not. On that note, I don't agree that sculpts ALWAYS look better in hand, but for the most part the photos usually do a pretty decent job in conveying how it will actually look once you receive it.

I think this is one of the rare cases where the photos didn't do the product any justice. That being said I don't think the JG sculpt is 100%, but it's certainly a very strong likeness in Jehda's video.

Damn, that JG headsculpt looks the best so far on Jedha's video. I'm actually convinced it looks great now. Those bloggers didn't do the portrait any favors apparently. Looking forward to getting mine now.

View attachment 532766
It's definitely off, but not by much. It's not like an Arnie sculpt where you know it's so far off you couldn't use it. It's still not the quality I expect from hot toys, but the rest of it is.

It's definitely off, but not by much. It's not like an Arnie sculpt where you know it's so far off you couldn't use it. It's still not the quality I expect from hot toys, but the rest of it is.
True, it could be a lot better if they made the face a tad bit wider and applied better paint app, but for an unexpected headsculpt it's certainly a plus. Also I doubt we'll see HT get another crack at JG so it's better than nothing.

Get used to it, bub. Sculpt fights will always rage on forever within the community whether you like it or not. On that note, I don't agree that sculpts ALWAYS look better in hand, but for the most part the photos usually do a pretty decent job in conveying how it will actually look once you receive it.

I think this is one of the rare cases where the photos didn't do the product any justice. That being said I don't think the JG sculpt is 100%, but it's certainly a very strong likeness in Jehda's video.
Pretty sure we can agree this looks terrible by bloggers and in hand....:p

SAM_0040.jpg

EanOM_BU0AMg6uL.jpg

I still think that Ant-Man sculpt is thrown off because of the teeth. The gums should'nt be as visible and the teeth should sit a bit higher. If that was the case this would look a whole lot better. The sculpt in itself looks to be quite good to me.

I still think that Ant-Man sculpt is thrown off because of the teeth. The gums should'nt be as visible and the teeth should sit a bit higher. If that was the case this would look a whole lot better. The sculpt in itself looks to be quite good to me.
Yeah sure it's only about the teeth and gums. I actually hadn't even looked at the rest of the sculpt as the eye only gets drawn to the teeth.

I have the OG Antman with partial sculpt in the helmet. That is the best they have done imo. Smirk and spot on likeness. Plus you can display headsculpt and helmet together. Perfect imo !

No sir. Go back and look. The initial listing had no such thing. View attachment 532004

What you’re thinking of came a week later thanks to strong sales, but was then inexplicably pulled and never mentioned again.

”Given the immense popularity of the character, Hot Toys is very excited to announce an additional newly developed head sculpt featuring Jake Gyllenhaal as Mysterio from Spider-Man: Far From Home.”

https://news.toyark.com/2019/09/13/...ider-man-far-from-home-mysterio-figure-362815
The initital promo did indeed have a blurred out image. HT did add it as an update after announcing a head sculpt. I have pics from the announcement.

Hot-Toys-Mysterio-Update.jpg

The initital promo did indeed have a blurred out image. HT did add it as an update after announcing a head sculpt. I have pics from the announcement.

View attachment 533009
Right, as an update one week after they had already begun taking pre-orders at $259, they announced and then pulled mention of adding in a head sculpt. The messaging accompanying the addition suggested that sales had been so strong, they could afford to throw in the sculpt for the initial price.

Pretty sure we can agree this looks terrible by bloggers and in hand....:p

View attachment 532980

View attachment 532981

I picked up this sculpt in the latest TA sale and I have to admit that I like it! Sure, it's goofy but the goofiness somehow works. To me, it looks better in hand. My plan is to add it to the Tony Stark Team Suit, which I also picked up loose parts for.
As for Mysterio, the more pics and especially videos that I see, the more it is drawing me in...

I still want to know what the heck happened with this thing. Why did they first announce the figure with no head sculpt and then later announce the sculpt and then delete it in 24 hrs? Why is that even necessary, its blurred out in the image. Someone told them to take that picture down, but why? :unsure: I wish an investigative journalist or something would look into this. I want to see a documentary about making this figure. Who is the sculptor? And why does the head have that line going across the forehead?

What I think happened is, they had the clay sculpt and while they were transporting it, they dropped it and the top of the head got smooshed so they had to resculpt it. But then they had to get approval again from Disney or Sony or Gyllenhall, one of them told them to take the picture down.

I would be curious to know who did the head sculpt. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was Yulli. Hot Toys do not credit anyone on their site so I guess they haven’t updated it yet.

View attachment 533009
You don't have to speculate, we're literally in the thread that has the entire timeline recorded in it

Announcement, dozens of posts decrying no sculpt
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...n-far-from-home-mysterio.231344/post-10186545
A week later headsculpt added, and then very quickly deleted
https://www.collectorfreaks.com/thr...n-far-from-home-mysterio.231344/post-10188773

Yeah sure it's only about the teeth and gums. I actually hadn't even looked at the rest of the sculpt as the eye only gets drawn to the teeth.

I have the OG Antman with partial sculpt in the helmet. That is the best they have done imo. Smirk and spot on likeness. Plus you can display headsculpt and helmet together. Perfect imo !
I have the original Ant-Man as well. Definitely the best sculpt for him. A fun way to pose him is to put on the "mask" but leave the breatherpiece of the helmet down so you can see his smirk combined with the full helmet. Also looks a bit like he was in the comics with no mouthpiece.
I still want to know what the heck happened with this thing. Why did they first announce the figure with no head sculpt and then later announce the sculpt and then delete it in 24 hrs? Why is that even necessary, its blurred out in the image. Someone told them to take that picture down, but why? :unsure: I wish an investigative journalist or something would look into this. I want to see a documentary about making this figure. Who is the sculptor? And why does the head have that line going across the forehead?

What I think happened is, they had the clay sculpt and while they were transporting it, they dropped it and the top of the head got smooshed so they had to resculpt it. But then they had to get approval again from Disney or Sony or Gyllenhall, one of them told them to take the picture down.

I still believe it has to do something with the Sony/Marvel break-up that was just happening when this figure was announced. I read somewhere that the character rights for merchandising were with Marvel, but the actor's likeness rights were with Sony which might be the reason for having to take that picture down.

Anybody start recieving shipping notifications from sideshow on theirs or is he a ways off sitll?

Put Mysterio in your cart and then go to check out and see if it’s available to apply. I had that happen to me the last time I received a $25 coupon but it still worked.
I tried. "Not valid on this item."

I still may try to contact a SS rep and try to finagle one. It's silly I can't use it on whatever I want.

Can't wait to see the Sideshow unboxing of Mysterio today. Just amazed at this figure.

Back