Hot Toys Spider-Man (Andrew Garfield) - The Amazing Spider-Man 2 [NWH]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Low PO numbers? It's pretty much sold out everywhere. Hard to believe a Spiderman is so scarce just after releasing. I wonder if a second wave will be made available down the road.

Low PO numbers? It's pretty much sold out everywhere. Hard to believe a Spiderman is so scarce just after releasing. I wonder if a second wave will be made available down the road.
Some of that, and as many speculate, HT making less and less product these days. The amount of extra stock remaining after a figure is released is becoming less and less. As many have guessed, it’s more than likely due to the amount of overstock and subsequent heavy discounts many previous figures need to undergo before they finally sell out. Pretty sure both Sideshow and Hot Toys haven’t liked that for the last couple of years so something had to give.

Unfortunately I got myself on the waitlist back in July (right after it went to waitlist) and I still haven't gotten a chance for it to convert. People don't seem to be cancelling their pre-orders for this one, and im kicking myself for not jumping on it when it was available.

I just got my invoice from Timewalker they are shipping soon from there too. I would jump on WL if you are serious about getting this spidey.

After seeing how hard this figure is to get I did something I rarely do and ordered the Tobey Spidey with Sideshow. Hate how expensive it is after tax and shipping to the UK but can't risk missing that one.

Still hope to get this if I can find one at second batch prices but that's looking unlikely.

I’ve seen these pretty amazing reworks done on IG. But I can’t for the life of me figure out how they’re getting the suit off to do the body mods…

IMG_0301.png

IMG_0302.jpeg

IMG_0303.jpeg

IMG_0304.jpeg

Last edited:
Scouting on eBay a bit, there are almost no auctions from the US. Most everything is China or Japan. That would indicate that Sideshow hasn't necessarily gotten deep into shipping this out yet. I'm holding out hope that A) my waitlist will convert or B) once there's more US based auctions, the secondary market price will drop some.

If you could stop highlighting how dreadfully inadequate the stock figure looks in comparison to these custom reworks, that’d be great, thanks.

After seeing how hard this figure is to get I did something I rarely do and ordered the Tobey Spidey with Sideshow. Hate how expensive it is after tax and shipping to the UK but can't risk missing that one.

Still hope to get this if I can find one at second batch prices but that's looking unlikely.

If you still have time to cancel, KG will likely come out a fair bit cheaper, as they bypass customs.
I’m in the U.K. and get all my HTs from them.

If you still have time to cancel, KG will likely come out a fair bit cheaper, as they bypass customs.
I’m in the U.K. and get all my HTs from them.

As do I. However, its been sold out at KG since before all the POs dissappeared from everywhere over that whole likeness dispute thing that was going on with this fig. Both versions are still showing as sold out anyway. I guess you could email them as you might get lucky with a cancellation

As do I. However, its been sold out at KG since before all the POs dissappeared from everywhere over that whole likeness dispute thing that was going on with this fig. Both versions are still showing as sold out anyway. I guess you could email them as you might get lucky with a cancellation
Ah, my bad. I was looking at Tobey. So many HT Spideys, so little shelf space.

Finally managed to get a 2nd batch version....from TWL lol. Never yet failed to receive a figure from them but will still hold my breath until I have it in hand. £202 with DHL delivery using a 15% off code.

I just bit the bullet and ordered one from Ebay. Overall it came to $421 after tax. That wouldn't be substantially more than Sideshow once you factor in taxes and shipping. At least not so much more where I can still justify the added expense to guarantee getting this.

You guys realize they are trying to force preorders and manufacture fake scarcity right? I promise you there will be more runs of this in the coming months.

I agree. One thing i noticed was that pre orders were taken down pretty much everywhere all at once due to the likeness thing. I dont think the majority of PO slots were ever filled anyway and were just closed prematurely. It wouldnt surprise me that prices are being hiked in places because they know theres a demand.

TWL for example are selling in stock ones at £280 (madness really and doesnt even come with the lizard base) or you can pre order from the 2nd batch (due sept 2023) for £200. I dont usually PO my figs from the UK (where i reside) and usually go to KGHobby so the 280 price to me is ridiculous but could be the norm in the uk for all i know (although it says to me its inflated as last i checked, these figs are around the £240 price range). However, the 2nd batch seems way too cheap for a UK order too. I also dont know of TWL reputation either. Ive only ever bought a couple of figs from the UK (big chief studios who have now shut down and the goodthebadandtherobots who are the best in the UK).

I do think collectors can be their own worst enemy. With FOMO and paying over the odds out of desperation, its not hard to see why some places artificially jack up prices and "limit" PO slots. For $400+ i would just buy the original release and a seperate head and keep the extra $100 odd (unless of course you got the lizard base version which then to me, makes sense of paying that kind of price). Besides the hands and web lines, theres really not a great deal of difference to the point you would only really notice if you had the original and new one stood next to each other.

Of course, if youre happy paying whatever price you pay then thats fine even though i think that just helps breed a scalping mentality with a few.

EDIT: it seems im a bit out of touch with prices in the uk. £280 for the basic bare bones edition is madness. However, i see the scalper mentality is in full swing on ebay

Last edited:
Back