Hot Toys Shang Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - Shang Chi

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These look fantastic. Looking forward to the movie. Unfortunately I’ll have to wait until Diz+ or PVOD. I’ll be interested to see what other characters come from this. Michelle Yeoh deserves a figure in some form just for her filmography. Shang-Chi’s sister also looks cool. And of course Abomination.

They got the sculpts for the 2 figures really well done.

Still probably not gonna watch the movie anytime soon though. Probably not until it's free on network TV as I'm not paying for D+ subscription. Gonna be the same for Eternals. Spider-Man I've considered risking watching in theaters though.

That's a lot of ADDITIONAL ACCESSORY - COMING SOON placeholders (most likely plot spoilers). Very exciting.
No interest at the moment but curious what the secret accessories are
Wow !! Love the sculpt ! Really interested in the spoilery accessories ! I got to see that film as quickly as possible !

....It's the rings and rings effects. He literally uses them in nearly all trailers and tv spots. Not sure what's more surprising, that people aren't aware of something so obvious or that hot toys bothered to hide it when marvel have gladly been displaying Shang using them in action

imgonline-com-ua-twotoone-HMAyY7ncYNZx0Kyo.jpg

Last edited:
Agreed, great proto sculpt...but yeesh, such an uninspiring "costume."
Well, I'll say this for my opinion: He's never looked that cool in the comics! I like this tunic configuration, they could've taken it a little further and given some red lines running down the pants and a better shoe design. MCU has never been great about costume designs.

No interest at the moment but curious what the secret accessories are
I'd bet the top one is an energy effect that connects to the one with Wenwu.

And at least one of them is an extra set of of arms with the Rings. (*no spoiler, I have no idea if thats what happens. Just speculation.)

Ooooohh!! Our new favorite Avenger!! :yess:

What a shame all that hard work and effort put into 2 of the best looking head sculpts yet from HT. For 2 figures that will hang around forever.

Well for the 10 or so that want this and Wenwu, congrats on 2 great looking figures.. :woo

Ooooohh!! Our new favorite Avenger!! :yess:

What a shame all that hard work and effort put into 2 of the best looking head sculpts yet from HT. For 2 figures that will hang around forever.

Well for the 10 or so that want this and Wenwu, congrats on 2 great looking figures.. :woo
Your take is the same as my own. This flick will have to blow me away to want these. And even that will have to wait until D+ streams it in October. I'm waiting for some smartass like myself to pose these figures getting stomped by Trevor Mandarin. :ROFLMAO:

....It's the rings and rings effects. He literally uses them in nearly all trailers and tv spots. Not sure what's more surprising, that people aren't aware of something so obvious or that hot toys bothered to hide it when marvel have gladly been displaying Shang using them in action

View attachment 536620
Yes, it's rather obvious that's what they'll be. I am curious about the yellow vs. blue colors - is that simply indicative of good vs. evil guys controlling the Ten Rings, or did Marvel have Shang-Chi go on a quest (maybe involving that dragon?) to obtain his own set? Probably the former, but it has piqued my interest.

Well the protype they nailed on both but anyone speculating how the film plays out first before showing some interest :dunno

Shang-Chi is probably the next most poseable HT next to Homemade Spidey. Just look at the range of motion for the legs! I'm definitely looking forward to this.

Lmao I love how the general consensus already is this figure will sell poorly. If that's the case then that's awesome cause I wouldn't mind picking this up for way below retail...assuming the final headsculpt remains the same.

Lmao I love how the general consensus already is this figure will sell poorly. If that's the case then that's awesome cause I wouldn't mind picking this up for way below retail...assuming the final headsculpt remains the same.
I will pick this up without question. But I get it, the suit is super uninspired, why is he wearing pants and sneakers?

If you're gonna give him a superhero suit up too then don't make him wear pants, it's such a weird look. Should be a one piece outfit like black panther except red.

With that said, he looks even more lame in the comics, so this is probably the best look he's had, which isn't saying much.

I hope people enjoy the movie and interest in the character increases, that will probably get this to sell better.

I'm excited to see some martial arts action, but still not digging the costumes. Doubtful I'll change my mind on that point but we'll see.

Sculpts on these figures are incredible, as many have said. They’re going to sell a million of these over in Asia so I’m not surprised they went all out on making these great. Probably won’t need many for the rest of the world but I’ll wait to see the movie before I’m unfair about it.

From a story perspective, I think the costume will probably make sense. The top is probably something he borrows/appropriates from Wenwu, which I'm basing on the fact is has those half/quarter sleeves that would allow the rings to be used.

I think the pants and sneakers are fine...tbh I have nothing in my collection that has sneakers, so it will be something different.

I dig both of them.

Back