Hot Toys SDCC 2012 Ex Captain America Rescue Version Official Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I must've got him just in time! My first flex comes out on Friday! Glad I used that coupon on him while I had the chance.

The headsculpt is as soft as **** and the paint is very basic, everything else in the box is top notch. Still a lovely figure.

I just got one last month. I think the costume was amazing and I was surprised by the HS cause I had heard nothing but bad stuff.

The UPS guy that delivered it thought that I ordered Captain America Uniforms. He must have thought I was dressing up or something...

Wanted a mix of the rescue cap and the star spangle man version. Inspired by the illustration in the art book I went with this set-up.

P1080447_zpsa3c055a7.jpg

P1080448_zpsc42fa677.jpg

P1080453_zpsad7daba7.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks man and if I want I can still put the leather jacket back for another look.

I agree that outfit should have been included with this version.

He was the only Captain America figure I wanted. I loved the WW2 look. I also loved the 1/6 Thompson. There's something pretty impressive about the Costume when you have it in hand. My only issue is his left leg isn't not really tight, especially around the left ankle joint. He has a hard time standing on this own in certain poses. Anyway, here's a pic I took.

Great pic.

I like this figure too....also have the weak leg issue on mine.
Doesn't stop it from looking awesome on display....

I'm just surprised it took so long to sell out....

Just arrived in the mail 2 days ago! Un-boxing pics coming soon @ dwkungfustar.blogspot.com. Legs feel loose like everyone else has been saying, but I don't think it's broken, just hard to get some poses, but still a great figure! Anyone know how to tighten the suspenders/straps or where some of the connectors are for his accessories? I'm not sure if I'm hooking the parts up to the right places, heh. Head sculpt does look amazing in person, don't know why cameras can't capture it well... Stay tuned!

Head sculpt does look amazing in person, don't know why cameras can't capture it well... Stay tuned!

I have always said it is the best of the Steve Rogers sculpts. And as a general rule, massive Macro shots never really help a sculpt anyway, so yes I'll bet it looks great in hand.

I never liked the Avengers maskless Cap:A sculpt...until I got it for myself! When you see these things in proper perspective, they do look terrific!

Last edited:
Back