Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not available worldwide. Expensive. Pleather. Easy pass. Is this suposed to be a fightback to InArt? I don't understand what Hot Toys is doing...

Kit is your only hope of getting one outside of origin and potential customs charges along the way. I was interested in this initially, but I don't know now.

OSK didn't had any Anakin or Joker Artisan if I'm not wrong.

Ah you might be right. I got confused between this and the basic one (figured the stand was also Artisan exclusive and didn't pay attention to the hair). Welp, that's UK residents up poop creek then.

Video from HT Social media of the Artisan version. I think it looks better in the video than the pics. Also, looks like there are magnets in the jacket and corset to keep the jacket in place and not flare out, which is a nice touch.

Definitely much better looking in the video...but still fail to see how this is of "Artisan" quality. Is the wool hair the only qualifier? Seems like a very low bar...

Definitely much better looking in the video...but still fail to see how this is of "Artisan" quality. Is the wool hair the only qualifier? Seems like a very low bar...
That appears to be the case in the same way InArt has the "premium" title for their rooted hair figures when there's the option between a sculpted and rooted hair version

Didn't even get the hair style accurate. I guess you can futz those curls away.

Didn't even get the hair style accurate. I guess you can futz those curls away.
Screenshot 2023-09-29 094035.jpg

Funny this person sold this head recently in anticipation for the Scarlet Artisan and for only $200, imo looks better/more accurate than the artisan rooted hair lol, I would have just kept this and skip artisan 😅

Yeah, what’s the point of using the wool hair if it’s not gonna be styled correctly? At that point there really isn’t any improvement over the synthetic material they used to use.

Honestly, I’m all for the DX version of this release and went ahead and ordered through Kit.

I don’t collect MCU figures and only have one other thanks to another member here, but I’ve been meaning to pick up a Wanda, and this “classic” look with some nice improvements since the original HT releases makes me think this is the one to get. Love the idea behind the jacket magnets.

I really don’t know who HT is trying to appeal to with the Artisan version though. For people like me who don’t have a Wanda, the DX might feel like more than enough. But I don’t really see how people who already have a Wanda would be convinced by the pricey new hair.
Not to dismiss any outlier opinions, though.

Honestly, I’m all for the DX version of this release and went ahead and ordered through Kit.

I don’t collect MCU figures and only have one other thanks to another member here, but I’ve been meaning to pick up a Wanda, and this “classic” look with some nice improvements since the original HT releases makes me think this is the one to get. Love the idea behind the jacket magnets.

I really don’t know who HT is trying to appeal to with the Artisan version though. For people like me who don’t have a Wanda, the DX might feel like more than enough. But I don’t really see how people who already have a Wanda would be convinced by the pricey new hair.
Not to dismiss any outlier opinions, though.
I own both AOU Wandas, and CW.
The answer would be - because.:lol The only real justification for me would be the hair is more red and that base is badass.:google

Because I want it.

I own both AOU Wandas, and CW.
The answer would be - because.:lol The only real justification for me would be the hair is more red and that base is badass.:google

Because I want it.
That makes sense—if I had the money and loved a character enough to want the best of every version, I would probably have your perspective too! I still personally like the sculpted hair more in this case, though, which isn’t my usual preference.

Hope you get blessed by the queue.

That makes sense—if I had the money and loved a character enough to want the best of every version, I would probably have your perspective too! I still personally like the sculpted hair more in this case, though, which isn’t my usual preference.

Hope you get blessed by the queue.
Well, I don't really have the money:horror, that's why for me I ponder whether it's a dumb purchase/excessive. Am glad there are a few days for me to think about it - also, Sideshow offers payment plans, which makes things easier.

I think the big draw for this is the base, the effects look like the same ones they've done before, far as I can tell.

Well, I don't really have the money:horror, that's why for me I ponder whether it's a dumb purchase/excessive. Am glad there are a few days for me to think about it - also, Sideshow offers payment plans, which makes things easier.

I think the big draw for this is the base, the effects look like the same ones they've done before, far as I can tell.
Sorry if you already know—I haven’t paid attention to who got an order in for Joker or Anakin already—but just a reminder that those payment plans might not display when you first place the order! For Anakin I waited until a day after before seeing the option to change over to a payment plan. Honestly not seeing the option at first had me second guessing myself :ohbfrank:

Sorry if you already know—I haven’t paid attention to who got an order in for Joker or Anakin already—but just a reminder that those payment plans might not display when you first place the order! For Anakin I waited until a day after before seeing the option to change over to a payment plan. Honestly not seeing the option at first had me second guessing myself :ohbfrank:
Good to know!....and another annoying thing, so I get this coupon which of course expires Oct 4, and apparently this goes live Oct 5?
But - I still gotta think it through. All my Wandas are beautiful figs, if not the latest and greatest. It bothers me she is in the CW outfit I already own. A great look to be sure, but Bucky is about the only fig - e.g. an assassin Winter Soldier - that I really want an artisan/upgrade for.

Like, they didn't even give her new effects (although the originals are pretty cool).

Good to know!....and another annoying thing, so I get this coupon which of course expires Oct 4, and apparently this goes live Oct 5?

Even if your coupon wasn’t expired, I generally feel it’s better not to try to use one for something like this. But that’s just me.

Just think anything that takes additional time (even the couple of seconds), changes your order, and potentially refreshes the page could be a risk.

The site is so unstable during these types of drops. You never know what might happen. You might get booted due to some weird glitch. Doesn’t seem worth the small amount of money off to me.

Back