Hot Toys Scarlet Witch Artisan Edition - Avengers Endgame

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gimme a break man, you need not scroll far into any InArt thread to find statements supporting their progress, how one thing or another isn't perfect...but don't worry it will be better on the next release! There's a big difference between constructive critique and blind distaste.

If you noticed, I 100% back InArt and have put my wallet to that statement. The reasons to be grateful for their presence in the hobby are numerous, which I'm sure you've read through (and agree with) on those 20+ pages.

But you can't possibly ignore how it's cool to hate on Hot Toys just because InArt exists. Just don't tell anyone we've burned all our lunch money on their products for the last 15 years, that definitely doesn't count, they suck. The instantaneous vitriol was and is almost comical.
Gotta agree with you. it definitely seems way more cool to hate on HT.

When it comes to critiques on InArt figures, they're usually much more calm in the delivery of said critiques and also folks seem to be very forgiving of mistakes. Perhaps that's b/c currently, InArt has shown they are willing to listen to a lot of feedback? 🤔 Not sure how long that will last as they continue to grow, but it's nice for what it is currently.

With HT though, it's more of take it or leave it situation with no amount of shouting typically making any difference at all most of the time; therefore, it could be the reason why there's definitely much more aggression behind those critiques for HT figures. There's also the inconsistency of HT products. Some are incredible like the recent Green Golbin, but then you have releases like Doc Ock that make you scratch your head asking what happened? Why can they knock it clear out of the park with one then fall so short with the other?

So far, with InArt, they've nearly knocked it out with pretty much every prototype so far at least as far as general consensus seems to go. The hope is to not have to go through the "what happened" between figures like we do with HT. Only time will tell for sure. I currently think Cavill is their weakest release so far, though I know most seem to be quite blown away by it.

Last edited:
Gotta agree with you. it definitely seems way more cool to hate on HT.

IMG_3145.gif

I don't think they're an actual villain, but it is a universal truth in life that if you do something long enough, you're going to gather both supporters and detractors. Sometimes justified, others times not.

InArt came onto the scene right when collectors were getting tired of Hot Toys resting on its laurels. The timing was almost near perfect for an underdog origin story. The competition has been beneficial for all of us, and I want to see fair and honest critiques of both companies.

But as @Gipetto0812 said, there is a bit of a cool bandwagon factor in terms of bashing Hot Toys which leads back to the Harvey Dent quote. Constructive criticism should always be welcomed, though blind hate we can all do without.

There’s too much hair…..or something. I dunno, InArt seem to be able to add “weight” to their hair, HT so far on the women looks a bit too fluffy.
Same issue with HT's Artisan Joker. The hair is just too thick and voluminous, which is inaccurate to Ledger's hair in that movie since he was thinning out.

It's a meaningless argument to me. I collect Marvel and Horror. I'll be glad to buy from Inart if they make something I'm interested in and I don't have to jump through too many hoops to get something from them. I know they made Pennywise, but I already have the HT version and I love it. Even if it is a better figure, I still would not have gotten it. KInda confusing why three of their 1st releases have already been made. And supes and Joker multiple times. Maybe they did it to show they could what HT does better? Maybe they know their market will be small in the beginning?

I don’t pay much attention to Sideshow’s process usually, but does anyone know the reason why the DX35 of this release hasn’t been posted there yet? Looks like Kit, Pop, Sugo, etc. do. Are they basically waiting to put it up after the Artisan queue to capitalise on the FOMO for those who missed out?

I don’t pay much attention to Sideshow’s process usually, but does anyone know the reason why the DX35 of this release hasn’t been posted there yet? Looks like Kit, Pop, Sugo, etc. do. Are they basically waiting to put it up after the Artisan queue to capitalise on the FOMO for those who missed out?
According to Paul their customer service chat person. "I don't think it will be released for a number of weeks. With the Artisan releases they are very limited so it is a few weeks before we know how many units are available for sale so once we know the details and any other licensing arrangements have been taken care of we will be putting it up for sale" "Hot Toys release their products in Hong Kong but there are international distribution rights and also we only receive a set allocation of the product. Once all of the details have been taken care of we will be able to release it but this takes time"

According to Paul their customer service chat person. "I don't think it will be released for a number of weeks. With the Artisan releases they are very limited so it is a few weeks before we know how many units are available for sale so once we know the details and any other licensing arrangements have been taken care of we will be putting it up for sale" "Hot Toys release their products in Hong Kong but there are international distribution rights and also we only receive a set allocation of the product. Once all of the details have been taken care of we will be able to release it but this takes time"
Spooktacular guarenteed.

that's a surprisingly thorough response! Thanks for sharing :duff

Back