Hot Toys Sandtrooper MMS 295

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thanks for those photo's. I love my Marmit's as well. Up close the HT is better, but from a distance the proportions are so realistic for the Marmit's that it looks like it's an actual person shrunken down. I passed on the HT Stormtrooper cause of this, but I did get the Spacetrooper (with a $30 off coupon and free shipping) since it was a new version of an OT Trooper. I do still really want this since I have the Marmit Sergeant and don't have a sandy with an orange pauldron. I just cant seem to pull the trigger (even though he'd only cost me $100, since I have $120 in RP's and its free shipping). I think I can't decide on this or going with the slightly different looking new trooper from Rogue One. :slap

Yeah for me the leg armor looks better on the marmits than HT and gives it more of a realistic look but that's my only nitpick,otherwise it's an outstanding fig with loads of display options so if you can pick one up do so,you won't regret it:)

Thanks for those photo's. I love my Marmit's as well. Up close the HT is better, but from a distance the proportions are so realistic for the Marmit's that it looks like it's an actual person shrunken down. I passed on the HT Stormtrooper cause of this, but I did get the Spacetrooper (with a $30 off coupon and free shipping) since it was a new version of an OT Trooper. I do still really want this since I have the Marmit Sergeant and don't have a sandy with an orange pauldron. I just cant seem to pull the trigger (even though he'd only cost me $100, since I have $120 in RP's and its free shipping). I think I can't decide on this or going with the slightly different looking new trooper from Rogue One. :slap

Go with this one. The R1 Stormtrooper armors look terrible compared to the OT ones.

The only drawback with the Marmits is the slightly soft sculpt due to the vinyl, and the lackluster paint. The newer HT and SSC figs have sharper sculpts and better paint, but aren't quite as accurate.

My local hobby shop had one of these guys and I decided to get it.
It really does look great, and the improvement over the Sideshow Sandies (I sold them all off a while ago) is evident. Really happy I have it.

Painted up one of my sandies. I think the white one will round it off nicely.

IMG_0251.JPG

The new gear for the RO Sandies are cool, but I actually meant the "look, Sir, droids" version that is coming. I'm having a hard time coming to terms with the RO Stormtrooper redesign to be honest lol. I don't know if I want to spend 200+ on one of them, as much as I like the new gear.

Just me or is this still the best SW figure that's been released so far? It really is the personification of everything OT in my eyes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cheers Chakaman :)

Totally agree Hypnobrett, this is their best trooper so far. First image I ever saw relating to Star Wars was the Sandtrooper on the Dewback, so this was a really important figure to me

This is really an amazing figure, it's among my favorites for sure. The Sandtrooper on a Dewback is one of my first memories of Star Wars, now if I could just find a Dewback...

Bring on the other two variants!

Remember next year is the 40th Anniversary for Star Wars, so I'm sure there will be tons of OT releases by Hot Toys..

As long as they can squeeze them in between RO and Episode VIII that is. All RO reveals should be done by february unless they feel like the movie as more selling potential than they originally thought. Episode VIII reveals/PO will start sometime in september. That leaves a good six month to market their OT production.
This being said, there are quite a few blockbusters that will get in the way. Wonder Woman, Justice League, GOTG 2, Thor:Ragnarok, Spiderman:Homecoming...

Back