Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Remarkable that you can take a near ten year old figure, change the pauldron, and sell it for $35 more. Truly staggering they didn't sculpt a new helmet and just went with that dated (and somewhat inaccurate) "move along" version. Hopefully the weathering will be as good as the proto.

I'm always up for more affordable sandie/stormie parts though, especially OT-style given that HT seems to have gone with Disneytroopers for their standard stormies going forward (recent chrome version for example.)

I decided I wanted two Sandtroopers so I ordered the Sergeant from Sideshow with my remaining reward points plus a $20 Thank You code that based on past history was probably only going to work on this release for 24 hours. I'll pick up the Dewback+Trooper set elsewhere. On one of these Troopers I'll put the orange pauldron from my Stormtrooper Commander.
I find the codes baffling which is probably on purpose. :pfft:
Bought myself a gift card and used that to knock future monthly payments down, a bit. Like putting in an extra big deposit.

Wonder if this will have production numbers like the speeder bike so it’ll be in stock awhile and can get it 15% off.

I'm just getting the DX dewback, thanks to a few pieces of artwork with Mando riding a dewback. But even not riding for me as an "accessory" this is more badass than a blurrg, which I am glad I waited on. Not because having everything wouldn't be cool, but I can't have everything.
Yeah that would be the smarter way to go, especially since I already have a Sandtrooper... but dammit the combo with dewback and white pauldron trooper just looks SO much more impressive.

It's been awhile since I checked out the Sideshow version, and I'd say the HT is a pretty massive upgrade. Especially in the paint department.

Didn't realize they were in the exact same pose.

View attachment 657054
View attachment 657055
Well, looks like the days of the SSC Dew being well over $1,000 on ebay are numbered.

Interesting that the HT seems to be a bit larger than the SSC version - the SSC version is 32-33cm tall to the top of the furred saddle horn whereas the HT is 37cm. I have a feeling that from a side-by-side volume perspective, the HT version will appear 10-15% larger than the SSC.

Wonder if this will have production numbers like the speeder bike so it’ll be in stock awhile and can get it 15% off.

I was thinking similar things lol

I don't think that will be the case anymore going forward, both the BARC Speeders are sold out at most places and we know production numbers are being cut short.

I have a feeling HT has learnt from the stacks of unsold Blurrgs (and Luke Snowspeeders...) and won't make that mistake again.

Or maybe, they think we'll think that, so they'll make a ton of these -- 3 ways to get Dewback that most people don't want. Lots of Dewbacks...
Or maybe we think that they think that we think they didn't learn. Then - BAM! They got us again.

Make sure to get the BK Egg Attack version, use it as a baby dewback for this big old girl.
Baby Dew 1.jpg

Baby Dew 2.jpg

Baby Dew 3.jpg

I mean...I'm just in awe honestly. All day I've been going back to the sale page on SS to look at it. The skin...I can almost feel it through the screen. It looks so lizard-like. I get the sensation of like holding an iguana in my hand when I'm looking at it. It's gonna be a long wait...but that's okay. After getting hit with the Heavy and Appo the same week...my wallet needs the break 😆

Anddddd with all these vehicles and large creatures, I need to construct a new lightsa...I mean display case. Good thing the acrylic prices have dropped. I built my last case during COVID and it was a bit more costly than normal because everyone was buying acrylic to make shields at cash registers and what not.

Back