Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Maybe HT will hold this off for some time to rework it... or maybe HT will hold this off for some time to make us hungry for anything.

Either way, maybe HT will hold this off...
...or maybe HT will put this up for order tomorrow. There's neither rhyme nor reason when it comes to HT lol. I'm not giving up on this just yet. Of the new SW figures shown at the recent Cons only Woolly Anakin has generated more interest than this pair, and he's going up for order next week. Of course Ahsoka's premiere the following week probably means we'll get something related to that first (such as the droid Chopper), but I'm guessing that they won't release any other characters from the show until they can gauge its popularity (otherwise we likely would have seen something at Sideshow Con or AGCHK). If I'm right, that could provide an opening to release this set.

...or maybe HT will put this up for order tomorrow. There's neither rhyme nor reason when it comes to HT lol. I'm not giving up on this just yet. Of the new SW figures shown at the recent Cons only Woolly Anakin has generated more interest than this pair, and he's going up for order next week. Of course Ahsoka's premiere the following week probably means we'll get something related to that first (such as the droid Chopper), but I'm guessing that they won't release any other characters from the show until they can gauge its popularity (otherwise we likely would have seen something at Sideshow Con or AGCHK). If I'm right, that could provide an opening to release this set.
nah HT are simply waiting to add this to the Artisan Line as well, with rooted green Wooly Dewback fur....

I want me an Artisan Dewback, not just any Dewback !!!

nah HT are simply waiting to add this to the Artisan Line as well, with rooted green Wooly Dewback fur....

I want me an Artisan Dewback, not just any Dewback !!!
Honestly, if this sees the light of day and it's as wooly as this protoype looks, I might ask my girlfriend to thin it out a bit on it's head.

Yeah Mando design is probably the hairiest of all the Dewbacks. It is a bit Joker green too (sort of green/tan.)
I need to go and re-watch that episode. I guess the SS version could have had some sculpted hair on the spine ridge, but SS definitely weren't going to do rooted hair. In fact it's a bit of a surprise for Hot Toys too tbh.

Maybe even a reason for them not to do it ?? Unless it's just stuck on, which it looks to be.

Last edited:
367479798_683519870478695_9078628384846661196_n.jpg

Day one pre-order!!! :rock :rock :rock

Of course my coupons expired yesterday.

This looks awesome, the vehicle sets have been awesome and its great to see that continued to the animals.

Hot Toys

34 m ·
【Star Wars Episode IV : A New Hope™ - 1/6th scale Sandtrooper Sergeant™ & Dewback™ Collectible Set】

Stormtroopers™ dispatched to desert worlds wear specialized gear and are nicknamed Sandtroopers, their ranks can be identified by the colored pauldrons they wear. Sandtroopers are equipped with standard Stormtrooper armor augmented with cooling units, a helmet sand filter, and a survival backpack with extra rations and water. While hunting for the Death Star™ plans on Tatooine™, a Sandtrooper Sergeant rode on a Dewback in order to search through the vast desert.

Today Hot Toys is thrilled to introduce an astonishing 1/6th scale collectible set featuring the Sandtrooper Sergeant and Dewback inspired by Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope to recreate the iconic scene with the Sandtrooper uses the rod staff to control the large reptile creature of Tatooine.

This highly-accurate Sandtrooper Sergeant collectible figure is specially developed with great details including a meticulously crafted Sandtrooper armor and helmet with distinctive weathering effects, a white pauldron signifying the sergeant ranking, a highly detailed survival backpack, the memorable droid ring part, two heavy blasters, binoculars, a rod staff and a desert-themed figure stand.

The highly-accurate Dewback is skillfully developed based on the appearance of the creature in the film. Approximately 80cm in length, the magnificent collectible features greatly detailed head and body texture, an interchangeable open mouth head, and a saddle for its rider!

Your Star Wars collection will definitely stand out with this amazing collectible set!

Back