Hot Toys Sandtrooper and Dewback 1/6

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're just letting Howard know that we really want this !

You do know he frequents this thread daily, so keep up the positive talk guys !
Definitely, Howard is sitting on his toilet and reads this thread in the morning every day while pooping. :poop::yess::rock

This is why the next large figure will be a Bantha, and the exclusive will be a poodoo

Clearly not enough people expressed interest in this to give it a green light on PO.

Mando leftovers is NOT what most people want.

Death Star Trooper seems to be a 7th time loser... or how ever many years its been at shows uselessly.

Clearly not enough people expressed interest in this to give it a green light on PO.

Death Star Trooper seems to be a 7th time loser... or how ever many years its been at shows uselessly.
They should have added some gel/styling to that green joker toupee fur up on top - maybe a windswept desert look - and called this an "Artisan Edition" Dewback and people would have gone nuts.

Well it could still happen though couldn't it? Although I do admit I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this the longer it takes.

The fact that we saw Cobb Vanth at a lot of cons before we finally got an announcement makes me not willing to give up hope yet. Also why would they update the Death Star trooper if they're not going to release him anyway.

Ever since the cons the whole weekly-announcement thing has been disrupted. I don't think we saw one last week, only some cosbabies. During the cons we always get a bunch that seem to convolute everything. I know there were some Spider-Men and yet another Tony Stark suiting up. And Anakin of course, but I don't count wooly Anakin as a normal announcement because hardly anyone will be able to get it.

Hopefully this week things will start to go back to normal and we'll get a proper Star Wars figure again.

Well it could still happen though couldn't it? Although I do admit I'm starting to get a bad feeling about this the longer it takes.

The fact that we saw Cobb Vanth at a lot of cons before we finally got an announcement makes me not willing to give up hope yet. Also why would they update the Death Star trooper if they're not going to release him anyway.

Ever since the cons the whole weekly-announcement thing has been disrupted. I don't think we saw one last week, only some cosbabies. During the cons we always get a bunch that seem to convolute everything. I know there were some Spider-Men and yet another Tony Stark suiting up. And Anakin of course, but I don't count wooly Anakin as a normal announcement because hardly anyone will be able to get it.

Hopefully this week things will start to go back to normal and we'll get a proper Star Wars figure again.
Yeah I'm not losing hope at all. How often do we get an announcement the week after a con ? Very rarely I'd say.

So patience is the key here.....as usual. However I'm also open to it never showing up, like a lot of us I'm no newbie to this game. I'll just be pleasantly surprised if it does release for pre-order one day. No point getting expectations high though.

Sideshows coming soon doesn’t help thou does it? All those pictures of star fightred etc that we will never get!
hopefully this is coming thou.

In the end it doesn't mean much since HT works in mysterious ways, but given that we have 18 pages of discussion in 3 weeks here clearly shows the fan interest to me. Usually these type of threads for unreleased figures get a few pages max. Even the original thread for this figure from 2016 has fewer posts after 7 years.

In the end it doesn't mean much since HT works in mysterious ways, but given that we have 18 pages of discussion in 3 weeks here clearly shows the fan interest to me. Usually these type of threads for unreleased figures get a few pages max. Even the original thread for this figure from 2016 has fewer posts after 7 years.
I recall Guy from SS mentioned on the second day of their Con thing a couple of weeks ago that the threads were blowing up over the Dewback. So perhaps they do monitor it somewhat to feed back to Hot Toys ??

I recall Guy from SS mentioned on the second day of their Con thing a couple of weeks ago that the threads were blowing up over the Dewback. So perhaps they do monitor it somewhat to feed back to Hot Toys ??
Since most of their consumer base is online, I generally do assume that HT uses social media analytics to determine popularity of characters and previews. Assuming they do, the big questions are 1) what sources do they collect the analytics from (FB and IG are a given since you can get that fairly automated, forums are rather unlikely since it's so qualitative) and 2) to what extent does it factor into their actual decision making.
Maybe for the big cons, Sideshow makes some kind of aggregated report for HT, combining views, RSVPs, etc.?

All just pure speculation of course, but having worked in social media research for a few years in the past, I know a bit about what info you can get out of it and how some big companies use it.

Since most of their consumer base is online, I generally do assume that HT uses social media analytics to determine popularity of characters and previews. Assuming they do, the big questions are 1) what sources do they collect the analytics from (FB and IG are a given since you can get that fairly automated, forums are rather unlikely since it's so qualitative) and 2) to what extent does it factor into their actual decision making.
Maybe for the big cons, Sideshow makes some kind of aggregated report for HT, combining views, RSVPs, etc.?

All just pure speculation of course, but having worked in social media research for a few years in the past, I know a bit about what info you can get out of it and how some big companies use it.
I heard not so long ago that HT and SS were utilising verbal feedback from cons. Given the social media saviiness of both these companies (SS Youtube channel I'm looking at you), I wouldn't be surprised that's still the metric they use.....

Hey Howzer! I dare you to release Bespin Han as an artisan only edition...50 pieces worldwide.

You better shush and not give him ideas, because if there is one single thing I could see HT doing, its this. A super-wanted figure, but make it have a worldwide edition of 850 and cost $600+! This is THE WAY, baby.

*sigh of annoyance* I think 9/10ths of what HT does is trolling the customer base.

You better shush and not give him ideas, because if there is one single thing I could see HT doing, its this. A super-wanted figure, but make it have a worldwide edition of 850 and cost $600+! This is THE WAY, baby.

*sigh of annoyance* I think 9/10ths of what HT does is trolling the customer base.
Most likely. I imagine one day we'll wake up to a post on their Facebook page "You've been asking for it! We've listened! Here's Bespin Han....in Carbonite!'

OK Howie, Star Wars Droids have been released, that free's up a spot to release the Dewback !!!

Dew it !!!
do it jewish GIF

Back