Hot Toys Royal Guard

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shots. I don’t know why but most of the other action poses of this guy make him look kinda like a magician hehe. Angle and pose you did look very nice 👌🏽✨

I got two guards loaded with dots. The dots do fully come out with water. I cleaned with a q tip and water mine and had sideshow sent me two replacements. They crammed them in a box which was ridiculous but I steamed them and packed them away. Would have been cool if they neatly folded them ffs lol. Anyway these figures are beautiful.
30d97ad5b88f7593bbcc595b4d68d5b2.jpg
045c034245cc3810d8a3e5bb28732c58.jpg
b7a151eb30736077d1a2be3cbbcf1af3.jpg
c0a5dd178dd57cb98be456285c20f6c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Am I misreading this? You managed to clean the dots off but still told sideshow to send you replacements?

Ouch. It does read like that, doesn't it? Ended up not needing the replacements and then COMPLAINED with how the replacements he didn't really need were shipped.

Oh well.

I got my replacement robe today. Still has the stains. Seriously I don’t know if they didn’t look or if all of them are that way or what. Not sure if I should contact Sideshow again or try to get the stains out of one of them or what. Irritating..

Mine was packed nicer than above though. There was a bunch of foam pieces and it was bubble wrapped.

Yeah, I didn't see that until I posted. I'll try and wash them out. It still kind of is the idea that Sideshow didn't really fix the issue but I guess whatever.

I would have kicked myself if I didn't get this figure...it really is quite good.

HT-ROYAL GUARD-014.jpg

It will even work with Rogue One display setting...just cool as hell. Looks good on Mustafar guarding Vader with a Death Trooper!

HT-ROYAL GUARD-015.jpg

If I don't watch it, I may end up getting a second one. Crimson Empire, indeed!

Last edited:
2 more arrived this week from SSC...no dots...they are perfect...

How many do you have? I've not seen anyone top my three...but my guess is the prize, as always, will go to canadaclone.

6....4 are open and waiting on new display area...2 still in boxes that just arrived.

!fwsf.jpg

Ordered a second one of these last night. I had signed up for a contest in hopes of getting a $25 coupon that I’d want to use towards something else, which I did get but it wound up being for the same old figures that are always discounted. To my surprise though they also sent me a $15 coupon thanking me for subscribing to their email list. I used my regular email account so I’m not sure if it was a glitch from the site upgrade or what. Either way I was able to apply it towards this. Plus it also has free shipping.

Am I misreading this? You managed to clean the dots off but still told sideshow to send you replacements?
Submitted a claim with sideshow, they sent replacements. While waiting for said replacements I decided to try to clean the robes myself after someone mentioned giving rubbing alcohol a try (I found water worked best). Still no excuse for how they were sent wadded up in a box and the fact that I had to spend close to two hours dabbing and washing robes on a figures I spent 400+ dollars on. Got a problem with it? Too bad.

Submitted a claim with sideshow, they sent replacements. While waiting for said replacements I decided to try to clean the robes myself after someone mentioned giving rubbing alcohol a try (I found water worked best). Still no excuse for how they were sent wadded up in a box and the fact that I had to spend close to two hours dabbing and washing robes on a figures I spent 400+ dollars on. Got a problem with it? Too bad.

Time for popcorn!!

Back