1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi, I’ve the same problem... :gah:

///////

Hi everyone,

To all of you whom ordered with La Cite des Nauges: have you received any information/update about your order? I received today an email from them stating my order has been "canceled"

This is extremely frustrating since all, and that is ALL, other retailers, including Sideshow, have sold out their stock for Cody.

Further investigating my issue on their new site, I found a statement to, what I believe is everyone pre-ordering this figure, that: "I am contacting you to communicate very bad news, our agent in charge of our imports confirmed to us that one of our containers suffered damage, it is accepted that the batch of Cody MMS524 was "lost" during its loading in Hong Kong. In the losses affected by this damage, we, with our various distributors, were able to replace the products affected by this damage.
This is unfortunately not the case for the Cody MMS524."

It's understandable, these sort of things can happen anywhere and at anytime. But to receive this message.... It's a bit sad, this was my most anticipated figure since 2019 and now my only solution is to hunt for it on eBay and other places. Anyhow, just wanted to get it out somewhere and see if anyone else is in the same boat.

"Buy one figure for the price of two!"

highresrollsafe.jpg

Hi, I’ve the same problem... :gah:

///////

Hi everyone,

To all of you whom ordered with La Cite des Nauges: have you received any information/update about your order? I received today an email from them stating my order has been "canceled"

This is extremely frustrating since all, and that is ALL, other retailers, including Sideshow, have sold out their stock for Cody.

Further investigating my issue on their new site, I found a statement to, what I believe is everyone pre-ordering this figure, that: "I am contacting you to communicate very bad news, our agent in charge of our imports confirmed to us that one of our containers suffered damage, it is accepted that the batch of Cody MMS524 was "lost" during its loading in Hong Kong. In the losses affected by this damage, we, with our various distributors, were able to replace the products affected by this damage.
This is unfortunately not the case for the Cody MMS524."

It's understandable, these sort of things can happen anywhere and at anytime. But to receive this message.... It's a bit sad, this was my most anticipated figure since 2019 and now my only solution is to hunt for it on eBay and other places. Anyhow, just wanted to get it out somewhere and see if anyone else is in the same boat.

Yup, that sucks :( I hope you’ll be able to find it somewhere else!

The price is too high on ebay...

Keep an eye on Popcultcha here in Oz.
I talked to them last week and they have stock that was preordered but STILL hasn't been paid for.
If it isn't paid for,they'll relist the stock,at retail of 399AUD.
It won't hurt to consistently watch each day.
It worked for me twice lately.
Goodluck!!!!

Living in France as well, i would not recommend Popcultcha. Received Sideshow Jabba's palace Lando recently and was charged about ?60 in custom fees.

With la Cit? des nuages refunding ?100 in coupons, a couple HK sellers could be better options as you'll likely avoid custom fees.

Did you try Toys Wonderland, ToysBuying Agent or KG hobby? They are very reputable and might still have a few units available. Even with inflated prices compared to pre order, they might still be a cheaper option than Popcultcha taking LCDN refund and Custom charges ito account.

Armor pad on one of the hands came off whem I tried to attach the gun. Annoying, cheap, worthless glue. Can’t move its left arm because of the darn undersuit. In a museum pose, this figure rocks. All other fantasies are near impossible to apply. Guess I have to futz it a bit in order to get a good pose.

Armor pad on one of the hands came off whem I tried to attach the gun. Annoying, cheap, worthless glue. Can?t move its left arm because of the darn undersuit. In a museum pose, this figure rocks. All other fantasies are near impossible to apply. Guess I have to futz it a bit in order to get a good pose.

I like having Cody in the collection but this is not one of HT better figures, it's wonky as hell. I'm kinda surprised the value is soaring so high since sellout.

I like having Cody in the collection but this is not one of HT better figures, it's wonky as hell. I'm kinda surprised the value is soaring so high since sellout.

People just want representation and for him to stand there. Seems like 90% of people don't even touch figures after setting them up the first time.

Might be with Rex coming around the corner too, lot of people will want a Rex-Cody-Anakin-Kenobi display going on.

Cody is a pain to pose but I do like the figure a lot.

Agreed. Setting this figure up pissed me off. But I love his character design so gotta suck it up.

What are you trying to do with him ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look reasonably well proportioned, not have derpy oddly shaped shoulders, not have loose arm joints, be able to reasonably use his light up arm(a main feature of the figure), and not have hands that easily fall off and armor bits that slide all over the place when trying to re-pose.

I am also not a fan of the printed on style of the battle damage, it looks cheap. See Heavy Mando to see weathering done correctly.

Back