1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just spent a little time re-posing Cody into a look i an happier with. Which led me to another gripe. He comes with some cool gesturing hands but they come at the expense of some standard hands you would expect that are missing. For example a right general gripping hand. I want to have him holding the rifle one handed at about the halfway point so I had to cheat and use a thin black wire to attach the rifle to his open right hand.

Generally speaking this figure is just tedious to pose up. Not as bad as the Sideshow Jawa, but close for different reasons.

Screenshot_20210210-193652_Chrome.jpg

For those that are local and may have missed Cody...

Took a minute to work out however; I'm happy to report good news on the Cody front. 10 days after warranty period expired, the shoulder ratchet snapped and SS replaced with a brand spanking new Cody that arrived today.

I'll give em grief when deserved however; I wanted to call them out for great service in this case.

Took a minute to work out however; I'm happy to report good news on the Cody front. 10 days after warranty period expired, the shoulder ratchet snapped and SS replaced with a brand spanking new Cody that arrived today.

I'll give em grief when deserved however; I wanted to call them out for great service in this case.

That is good to hear.

That shoulder antenna and helmet antenna's are so damn fragile. HT should of packed 2 in the box in case of breakage.

Field briefing

HT CODY 020.jpg

That light-up arm is a pain in the rear. After a few more shots, back in the box it' going.
Does look cool though and I guess that's the bottom line....

A few more of Cody...

HT CODY 028.jpg

HT CODY 026.jpg

HT CODY 024B.jpg

As unposable and frustrating as this figure is, there is no denying that amazing portrait. It's really something.

Great pics Jedibear, at this point the inexplicable missing of airborne trooper together with 312th clones really bugging me to no end, there's no rational explanation regarding to Hot Toys' strategy at this point, particularly when 501st clones were released with Rex, and even Coruscant clone troopers being made first :slap.

Awesome shots, JB.
I agree, this figure "looks" great and the sculpt is extremely well done, but that wristy light-up arm connection is such a big let down. Does it snap in firmly on anyone's? Played around with it for bit and unfortunately the usual HT fun factor i get just wasn't there. He went back in the box.
I was more impressed with the Skiff Lando that came in the same delivery.

Very nice pictures you have there, Koolcollectibles! Will we see a video of Cody on your YouTube channel in the future? What camera and equipment do you posses?

Still waiting for my batch to ship out. European stock seems to be last on the priority-list. All these nice pictures of it has made the wait harder, need to see if the pose I am thinking of will work or not! By far the most anticipated figure I have ever pre-ordered.

Overall a solid figure! It has that imposing shelf presence, and it photographs really well. Joints are tight and good, and Cody can stand on his own without a problem. I even bumped the table a couple of times while taking pictures, and he didn't topple over.

Articulation is significantly more limited (I wanted him stepping on his helmet, but he couldn't raise his leg that high up!) than the SS Clones, but the joints feel of better quality (if that makes sense!). I actually prefer these padded limbs over the free moving joints of the SS Clones. The proportions are more spot on. I'm more of a museum pose guy anyway.

The switch out arm wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It only popped out a couple of times while I was reposing him.

I only have three minor quibbles:

1) The light up feature as others have noted is plainly pathetic. The holo looks just as great when not lit up. HT should have just done away with the light up feature and gave us a standard right arm.

2) This figure badly needs a generic grabbing / cupped right hand. I had some really cool poses in mind that I couldn't do cause of that missing option.

3) I was slightly underwhelmed by the hairsculpt, which seemed soft and plasticky. This is probably my fault as I had the prototype as my laptop wallpaper for almost a year, so I kinda embedded that very sharp sculpt in my memory. :lol

All things considered, I'm very happy with this figure! Hope int'l travel opens up soon, so I can pose him with Obi back home :monkey2

P.S. It really helps when you remove the shoulder antennae and backpack whenever you repose him.

lmxvwaU.jpeg

AaNxzAW.jpeg

RP5Pr00.jpeg

4myIVeV.jpeg

XHhNNMa.jpeg

ztsF8Gj.jpeg

ioIzJ84.jpeg

7Ca4nQF.jpeg

Sideshow sent me a replacement Cody for the used/returned figure they initially sent me. All good so I can?t complain.
I will complain that it?s a very fragile figure with limited articulation. But, looks great on the shelf and the sculpt looks so much better in person.

Sideshow sent me a replacement Cody for the used/returned figure they initially sent me. All good so I can?t complain.
I will complain that it?s a very fragile figure with limited articulation. But, looks great on the shelf and the sculpt looks so much better in person.

That is great news. Glad they came through.

Back