1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's safe to say shipping is all over the place right now with no consistency. Hope you gt yours soon!

Another shot with the Airborne:

DEPLOYMENT.jpg

I'm waiting for second Cody, man I simply cannot grasp the notion that why didn't Hot Toys release that 312th air born trooper.

Shoulder ratchet broke today moving from a generic museum pose to one holding the blaster at the waste...needless to say not to happy. 8 days past my 30 day SS return policy. Anyone remove the armor? Midsection, chest and pelvic area all look to be glued.....

Any tips would be welcome

Shoulder ratchet broke today moving from a generic museum pose to one holding the blaster at the waste...needless to say not to happy. 8 days past my 30 day SS return policy. Anyone remove the armor? Midsection, chest and pelvic area all look to be glued.....

I'm really sorry to hear that Darkseed. I would personally contact Sideshow anyways. Tell them the figure was sitting in the box for a few weeks before you opened it etc etc. They are a reputable company.... i think they will take care of you. Either way that is very disappointing. That joint likely came defective right from factory and it was a ticking time bomb...I hope it gets sorted out for you sir. Keep us updated.

Are you sure it didn't just pop out of the socket ?

I've had that before and thought it was broken, but in fact it could simply be pushed back in.

Hope that's the case for you too.

I've had that before and thought it was broken, but in fact it could simply be pushed back in.

Broke how? Which movement?
Mine broke (fortunately within a week of arrival). Sideshow sent a replacement body, so I decided to open up the 1st one. Pelvis, abdomen and chest armour is a huge pain to remove, pretty much have to cut the seam open. Anyway, turned out it was the foot of the ‘butterfly’ swivel snapped (a design flaw more than anything). Picked up a spare hot toys body so I can unscrew that part and fix it. To save the massive hassle of cracking the armour, cutting the thread around the shoulder instead to access the shoulder would be easier, then fix and ladder stitch to close it up.

Troed pushing back in it just cracks and pops...leading me to believe whatever it was attached to isnt there unless im missing it completely

If Cody's right arm falls off again I will two-part epoxy it in place, and that will be the end of that.

Don't try me, Cody.

its a shame this guy is museum-pose only, but it is what it is.

Doubt you are missing anything. Seems like a common issue

Great. I should have kept my SS verion. I contacted SS...I wasn't told no. It'll be reviewed and email in 7-10 days about what / if anything they'll do. Fingers crossed knowing it'll be a wasted figure otherwise. With Rexand 501st in the pipeline, I hope HT fixes the issue going forward.

Is there a high probability of Cody's right arm breaking if you're moving it up and down for aiming poses?

I have the SS version but am on the fence if I should pick up the HT version.

Got my Cody from sideshow and he definitely looks like a return/opened figure. No shipper or plastic bag around the box. Right arm was off when I opened the box and the instructions were opened. I called sideshow and asked for a replacement because it looks like a used figure.
Not acceptable when it ends up around $300.

The sideshow rep admitted they had a bunch of damaged shippers and the boxes were opened to inspect for damage to the figure. Either way, it?s an opened figure.
Never had that before direct from sideshow.

Back