1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Iron Man, Thor and Cap were considered B list heros in 2008. The third stringers are all getting starting jobs. I considered Mandalorians 3rd stringers a little over a year ago. Fett was just a side character that had a cool suit and they did not impress me that much in tha animated shows but now the have moved up. I expect the same from all these new shows over the next several years.

They might suck but i think they will be cool with all the fan service Mando does.

I actually disagree with that Boba fett was one of the the all time
Most popular Star Wars characters , why, I never understood as he sucked in the films but the mythology was enough to keep him at almost a lost as far as Star Wars characters go.

The movies being good helped iron man Thor and cap but no way were those characters b listers by a long shot. They are on the list of the marvel hero’s you can count on one hand as being the most iconic for the house bar none.

Falcon, vision, Loki, Shang chi, the externals, these are all b/c list characters. Not saying that they won’t be great or popular but for example I enjoy the guardians of the galaxy movies... but the characters are all just too c list for me to have any desire to own them and I bet rocket the raccoon is not selling a fraction of iron man numbers.

Again it’s all a moot point I have faith in marvel for sure whatever they do should be good but doesn’t mean everyone’s going to want the figures of those properties.

Iron Man and Thor were B listers to the general public non comic readers before the movies. They were A listers to comic readers beforehand. Those collectors in Asia with every HT Iron Man figure didn’t know who he was before the movies. Same with people with Iron Man avatars.

Iron Man and Thor were B listers to the general public non comic readers before the movies. They were A listers to comic readers beforehand. Those collectors in Asia with every HT Iron Man figure didn’t know who he was before the movies. Same with people with Iron Man avatars.

No way I’d agree with that. Sure there were not movies like Spider-Man and x men to put him as internationally on the map for all of the non comic readers but for the comics, he was one of marvels A listers.

By the way I’m not a fan of iron man, more a fan of RDJ and the movies than the character in the comic but he’s never been a fav of mine growing up reading the comics I always knew iron man, cap, Thor and the FF were among marvels top crop and I never cared much about any of them.

The point being is that the movies are for everyone not just the fans of the comics because otherwise you’d be dealing with a very small audience and if you can adapt some lame set of throwaway characters like the guardians of the galaxy into a great franchise I say all for it, there’s really no rules and people can have a relationship with the movies and not ever having read the comics

But if you’re looking at the comics as the source material and comics alone I think spider man, Wolverine (and most of the main x men) iron man, the FF, cap, the Hulk as marvels a listers.

For DC it’s Batman, Superman, green lantern, Wonder Woman, the Flash and I guess Acuaman

Some of the B listers, like daredevil, punisher, the red hood, Deadpool or whoever you want to put in that category may be as or more popular than the A listers and may even make more money for D c and Marvel In 2020 but that does not make them any less of b listers in respect to the history of the source material which has the most years behind it of multiple generations building relationship with these characters and their respective universes all signs point to the list above.

Iron Man and Thor were B listers to the general public non comic readers before the movies. They were A listers to comic readers beforehand. Those collectors in Asia with every HT Iron Man figure didn?t know who he was before the movies. Same with people with Iron Man avatars.

That was the point i was trying to make, You just did it much better lol. I read the comics and all but they were no Superman or Batman to me or in the eyes of the public.

Is there any chance Hot Toys will make a Clone Wars Cody?
Not a big fan of the prequel trilogy but I'm gonna need a Cody to go with Rex, Kenobi, Anakin and Ahsoka when those figures release.

You mean Phase I helmet?
Ahsoka an Rex in production belongs to same time period with ROTS Cody though.

You mean Phase I helmet?
Ahsoka an Rex in production belongs to same time period with ROTS Cody though.

I've only just started watching Clone Wars, 8 episodes into season 2, so a lot of this is still new to me.

I was hoping to stop at Mandalorian and Empire Strikes Back figures but with each episode watched I'm wanting these Clone Wars figures more and more. :lol my wallet cries.

Got this in. I like the figure but wasn?t necessarily wowd how I get with some hot toys. That damn arm does pop off, the hands definitely can?t grip the guns worth a damn, and even posing/bending the arms is an overall pain. Next to a regular storm trooper he is the same height.
My shoulder pads seem to sit at a good level almost even with the chest armor.

Need to see this.

134114270_10217537869148562_831567841428508125_o.jpg

Funny thing that I notice from my collection is Hot Toys Maul is disturbingly short (movie accurate, no complain), even smaller than a typical Stormtrooper. I will try to capture the pic between Maul standing next to Chirrut at some point.

Funny thing that I notice from my collection is Hot Toys Maul is disturbingly short (movie accurate, no complain), even smaller than a typical Stormtrooper. I will try to capture the pic between Maul standing next to Chirrut at some point.

Yeah Maul is really tiny lol.

After a day of having Cody on the shelf he is starting to grow on me quite a bit. I like the dull white and with the battle marks it really looks like it?s been through quite a bit

Wait -- I must have gotten a small variant of Cody... because my Maul is taller than Cody.

And no one has a good old ANH Stormtrooper to place next to Cody in a shot that isn't warped or angled?

Wait -- I must have gotten a small variant of Cody... because my Maul is taller than Cody.

And no one has a good old ANH Stormtrooper to place next to Cody in a shot that isn't warped or angled?

Sorry, no ANH troopers, just these Mando & Rogue Ones.

Here?s one straight on back to back with no base. It?s pretty darn close
c7b53c9872988e9e9c723bb735f4fd52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is, but that Incinerator Trooper is also recent which makes me think HT has shrunk its 1/6th scale again.

My Cody is definitely shorter that DX17 Maul and definitely shorter than ANH (reg) Stormtrooper.

Anyone want to put Cody next to their HT Dooku? :lol

Dont have the old ANH Stomtrooper, but Cody's height is identical with ROTJ Storm, which I've already taken the picture as above.

Man, I absolutely hate the sand stand. It'd be 1000 times better if it didn't have footprints sculpted in it, or if it didn't exist.

star-wars-i-dont-like-sand-gif.gif

Back