1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my Cody from sideshow and he definitely looks like a return/opened figure. No shipper or plastic bag around the box. Right arm was off when I opened the box and the instructions were opened. I called sideshow and asked for a replacement because it looks like a used figure.
Not acceptable when it ends up around $300.

The sideshow rep admitted they had a bunch of damaged shippers and the boxes were opened to inspect for damage to the figure. Either way, it?s an opened figure.
Never had that before direct from sideshow.

Not good. If boxes were opened to inspect for damage, why would they have still shipped yours out, in the first place? Separated right arm and open instructions don't make sense.

Not good. If boxes were opened to inspect for damage, why would they have still shipped yours out, in the first place? Separated right arm and open instructions don't make sense.

Also, why not just put it back in it's bag and shipper if it supposedly passed their "QC"?

Got my Cody from sideshow and he definitely looks like a return/opened figure. No shipper or plastic bag around the box. Right arm was off when I opened the box and the instructions were opened. I called sideshow and asked for a replacement because it looks like a used figure.

The sideshow rep admitted they had a bunch of damaged shippers and the boxes were opened to inspect for damage to the figure. Either way, it?s an opened figure.

This should never happen:mad:

This should never happen:mad:

Unfortunately it does. Way back I got a deluxe Commander Wolfe from SS on a low stock notification and it was clearly a return. No shipper, box opening flap had been ripped, no plastic wrap on anything and the portrait was damaged. SS swore black and blue they never sent returns out as new. They sent a new portrait to me which surprise surprise was also damaged (probably a return as well). Took them 3 goes to send me an undamaged portrait. Now I have like 4 Wolfe heads lying about somewhere :lol

Also, I swear I am not following you around being contradictory :rotfl

Unfortunately it does. Way back I got a deluxe Commander Wolfe from SS on a low stock notification and it was clearly a return. No shipper, box opening flap had been ripped, no plastic wrap on anything and the portrait was damaged. SS swore black and blue they never sent returns out as new. They sent a new portrait to me which surprise surprise was also damaged (probably a return as well). Took them 3 goes to send me an undamaged portrait. Now I have like 4 Wolfe heads lying about somewhere [emoji38]

Also, I swear I am not following you around being contradictory :rotfl

Yes no doubt this has been done by Sideshow. There have been instances where folks here have matched up the ES number on a returned statue with the "new" one that someone else received. It's not honest to sell a returned/opened/damaged product as new. Sideshow should be labeling these items as "open box" if they are going to sell them.

Thanks for the heads up. I just went through the same thing with another figure from them. Don't want to go through it again.

Did they give you a replacement?

They can peddle their lines about it still being new even without the shipper or plastic bag around it, but it feels open box no matter what and it's not okay to do that for things that cost this much.

That’s one of the reasons I’ll never buy from Sideshow again.

I’ve had three different occasions where they’ve sent me previously owned/opened figures. Hate em’.

Thanks for the heads up. I just went through the same thing with another figure from them. Don't want to go through it again.

Did they give you a replacement?

They can peddle their lines about it still being new even without the shipper or plastic bag around it, but it feels open box no matter what and it's not okay to do that for things that cost this much.

I am still waiting to hear from the return department
They said 5-7 business days and it?s only been 4.

That’s one of the reasons I’ll never buy from Sideshow again.

I’ve had three different occasions where they’ve sent me previously owned/opened figures. Hate em’.

same. I only buy exclusives from them and if a figure I all of a sudden want is sold out everywhere else. It's not just figures, do it with all scales. They sent me a Keaton Bats PF with obvious productions errors and broken/chipped pieces. No plastic wraps around the individual pieces or soft foam padding either. They've been doing this for awhile and seems to be more and more of an occurrence as they've gotten bigger. Returned products should be used for replacements parts.

Back