1/6 Hot Toys ROTS - COMMANDER CODY

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Shipping notice from Popcultcha whoo hoo!

This was an interesting note from them after my pennies query from three weeks ago had not been addressed but a payment query was addressed in a day lol:

?Emails regarding instalment payments are of a higher priority compared to pennies queries, therefore get a quicker response. I will go through and verify your pending pennies.?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This was an interesting note from them after my pennies query from three weeks ago had not been addressed but a payment query was addressed in a day lol:

?Emails regarding instalment payments are of a higher priority compared to pennies queries, therefore get a quicker response. I will go through and verify your pending pennies.?

I always call for my pennies adjustments. The new system where you get them at the time of order is so much more convenient.

Wow..Pop ONLY just got Cody in..seems like i got mine ages ago from HK.
damn.

Paid off Cody and my Death Trooper yesterday. Should be getting both soon. Tried messaging Sideshow to see if they could combine the two into one shipment but they wouldn’t do it. So stupid.

Paid off Cody and my Death Trooper yesterday. Should be getting both soon. Tried messaging Sideshow to see if they could combine the two into one shipment but they wouldn?t do it. So stupid.

I?ve had the same infuriating fight with them a couple of times over the years. Sounds like they still haven?t bothered to upgrade their order tracking system.

They did recently start offering packouts on figures that are bigger than standard size, like iron man and Ragnarok Stan. That?s a new development, so I do holdout hope that they will one day improve their order tracking system too, to make it more flexible.

I?ve had the same infuriating fight with them a couple of times over the years. Sounds like they still haven?t bothered to upgrade their order tracking system.

They did recently start offering packouts on figures that are bigger than standard size, like iron man and Ragnarok Stan. That?s a new development, so I do holdout hope that they will one day improve their order tracking system too, to make it more flexible.

It seems like the most basic request. I really don’t understand why it’s a problem. They already bend us over with shipping as is.

What is this shoulder issue? Is it on the right or left? My Cody's left shoulder is a bit hard to move towards its body, but if I push a little hard, it comes to position. Is it the same issue with yours?

I'll be honest, Cody is not one of HT best pieces of work. He has derpy shoulders that are prone to problems or even breakage and the fake printed on method they used for the weathering does not look like very authentic battle damage. I'm still glad I bought him because I want a display of him and Rex together but I am kinda disappointed in how he turned out.

This or Qui-gon if you could only get one?
I have Qui-Gon and am getting Cody as well. If I could only choose one I probably would choose Qui-Gon personally. Mainly just because I feel like he’s a more important character. If I had to choose just one Clone I would probably choose Rex over Cody. Better character in my honest opinion.

I'll be honest, Cody is not one of HT best pieces of work. He has derpy shoulders that are prone to problems or even breakage and the fake printed on method they used for the weathering does not look like very authentic battle damage. I'm still glad I bought him because I want a display of him and Rex together but I am kinda disappointed in how he turned out.

I'm reluctantly with you here. I wanted to be blown away by this figure but I'm just not. Standing still and snapping shots, this figure can look really great. But I'm not as impressed with this figure as many are in here.
Difficult to pose, pieces fall off (especially forearm) odd looking wrists. Not a fun figure to handle. The portrait is indeed stellar. The armor deco doesn't bother me too much, it looks okay.

I'm glad I got him. This was my experimental foray into HT's clones. It has certainly convinced me that re-buying all of the clones that Sideshow already produced is NOT happening here. I'll keep my eye out on subsequent releases, but Cody may be it for HT clones for me, unless it's a clone trooper that hasn't been produced before like a Kassyyk Trooper or a Galactic Marine.

But as I said, he looks great. Almost more like a limited articulation statue, not a full-fledged fully articulated figure.

HT CODY 017.jpg

HT CODY 019.jpg

If I had to choose I?d go qui gon. Sure Cody is nice but honestly him being my first clone, when i compare him to my HT stormtroopers...they?re much easier to handle than Cody. He?s just a pain to pose. Plus the switch out arm. Qui Gon is just solid all around. The clone I think that will be the one to own will be Rex

Cody is so beautiful. I love seeing everyone's pix. And I'm still too scared to do much with him, so it is what it is.

HOT TOYS POSING MOODS:

*Marvel people: 'aight.

*DC people: museum pose please, we are that magnificent - and some of us have armor that kinda falls off. Joker likes to throw accessories, Chaos master that he is. [Retrieves cane]

*Mando v1.0: I got a peaceful, easy feelin'. [easy to pose, holds poses well, no fears and his vambraces are quite plain so his forearms being raised isnt a thing - do what you want]

*Cody: FOR THE REPUBLIC! *dies willingly* Bruh. Suicide Squad is over in the DCU. Let's keep it real here.

*Vintage Fett: I know you want to show off my pretty vambraces, so.... I'll just be right over here. Showing them off. As one does.

*Sideshow Mythos Fett: Handle with care, but overall pretty peaceful too.

*Deluxe Fett: DELAYED, YET AGAIN, SO WE DONT KNOW HOW HE POSES. I don't, anyways. :wink1:

So, posing is what it is, but these figures are so beautiful I still have to buy 'em. As one does.

Cody is so beautiful. I love seeing everyone's pix. And I'm still too scared to do much with him, so it is what it is.

HOT TOYS POSING MOODS:

*Marvel people: 'aight.

*DC people: museum pose please, we are that magnificent - and some of us have armor that kinda falls off. Joker likes to throw accessories, Chaos master that he is. [Retrieves cane]

*Mando v1.0: I got a peaceful, easy feelin'. [easy to pose, holds poses well, no fears and his vambraces are quite plain so his forearms being raised isnt a thing - do what you want]

*Cody: FOR THE REPUBLIC! *dies willingly* Bruh. Suicide Squad is over in the DCU. Let's keep it real here.

*Vintage Fett: I know you want to show off my pretty vambraces, so.... I'll just be right over here. Showing them off. As one does.

*Sideshow Mythos Fett: Handle with care, but overall pretty peaceful too.

*Deluxe Fett: DELAYED, YET AGAIN, SO WE DONT KNOW HOW HE POSES. I don't, anyways. :wink1:

So, posing is what it is, but these figures are so beautiful I still have to buy 'em. As one does.

What's wrong with your Cody ? I got two and I really don't see any "fragile" issue, except for tiny antenna must be handled with extreme care.

What's wrong with your Cody ? I got two and I really don't see any "fragile" issue, except for tiny antenna must be handled with extreme care.

I'm terrified to try much with him since so many people have reported issues with the shoulder joints. And since I accidentally cracked his torso armor at the seam, just trying to pose him right after I got him out of the box. This has now been fixed, but it wasn't a fun feeling. And so he's pretty much a museum-pose kinda guy. I'm even scared to try and pose him with his helmet under his arm!

Speaking in general, HT needs to sort the dichotomy of all these official pix doing all kinds of crazy stuff, and then when you get the figure he can do pretty much none of that. And these dissolving pleather costumes, and tights that rip if you leave the figure with a knee bent for a week. Its misleading at best, and deceptive at worst.

Back