Hot Toys ROCKY III

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sideshow's head sculpts don't even touch Hot Toys now.

Hot Toys hires some of the BEST sculptors in the Asian market. I mean you can just see the craft and detail of the work right down to the pores on the face. Even Sideshow doesn't do that. The sculpts you get are definitely worth the money...compare this headsculpt to some of Sideshow's. You can see why this is a $99 dollar figure then...not factoring in the additional stuff such as his outfit.

Hot Toys is the 1:6 King but I think there are a few SS sculpts that stand up nicely to them. Old Ben, Palpatine and Mace come to mind. Jedi Luke is great too but the expression hurts it a bit.

It's strange i always thought i'd feel this way over a rocky 1 or 2 fig.But i really want this i dunno if it's the spot on likeness or the fantastic yellow and black outfit, but i really need to have this one in my collection all of the sudden.I still want a rocko 1 or 2 and at this point i almost have no doubt it's gonna happen but in the meantime we have this excelent rocky eye of the tiger figure.:bow

It's strange i always thought i'd feel this way over a rocky 1 or 2 fig.But i really want this i dunno if it's the spot on likeness or the fantastic yellow and black outfit, but i really need to have this one in my collection all of the sudden.I still want a rocko 1 or 2 and at this point i almost have no doubt it's gonna happen but in the meantime we have this excelent rocky eye of the tiger figure.:bow
its the hair man. that is what sells it for me. it may be a goofy dated style but they captured it perfectly. ive watched the rocky movies way too many times and to me this is a perfect rocky III.

its the hair man. that is what sells it for me. it may be a goofy dated style but they captured it perfectly. ive watched the rocky movies way too many times and to me this is a perfect rocky III.

Yeah that hair screams 1983, i love it and you're right it's captured perfectly.

:)

Indeed, it even has that weird, pissy look to his face from that movie, I don't know what it is, something about his eyes and his whole face just looked very strange form other Rocky and Stallone films I've seen.

:lecture

I agree. I think everything after V1 Clark Kent had nearly flawless paint apps.

Yeah, thats the big factor.

I mean, we have seen what Les and Josh can do with Sideshow sculpts. I dont think Hot Toys is really that much better than Sideshow in the sculpt department, but paints they are far beyond Sideshow.

Paint makes or brake a great sculpt.

Yeah, thats the big factor.

I mean, we have seen what Les and Josh can do with Sideshow sculpts. I dont think Hot Toys is really that much better than Sideshow in the sculpt department, but paints they are far beyond Sideshow.

Paint makes or brake a great sculpt.

Yep. You never hear of anybody repainting a HT Rocky or Rambo figure. They're perfect.

maybe they pay their child sweatshops .20 cents instead of .10 cents an hour.

no, i heard it's still 10 cents an hour but they don't have to bring a plastic bag to the assembly line with them - they get to use a regular toilet. it makes all the difference apparently. also means the figs don't have that faint uriny smell.

no, i heard it's still 10 cents an hour but they don't have to bring a plastic bag to the assembly line with them - they get to use a regular toilet. it makes all the difference apparently. also means the figs don't have that faint uriny smell.

But I miss the uriny aroma.:monkey2

Sideshow's head sculpts don't even touch Hot Toys now.

Hot Toys hires some of the BEST sculptors in the Asian market. I mean you can just see the craft and detail of the work right down to the pores on the face. Even Sideshow doesn't do that. The sculpts you get are definitely worth the money...compare this headsculpt to some of Sideshow's. You can see why this is a $99 dollar figure then...not factoring in the additional stuff such as his outfit.

Well said. What stands out for me with HT is the consistency of the quality. SSC hit one out of the park once in a blue moon like with ANH Obi-Wan but HT do it time and time and time again and don't appear to be showing any sign of letting up.

Back