Hot Toys RoboCop Project 2012

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we get some more information about this release after the Chinese New Year. That's the only reason I can think of that's holding this figure up. It's so hard to hold out for this when NECA has released that awesome spring-loaded holster version and they've got an ED-209 on the way.

That's what I'm thinking as well. OMG translated the 2013 product preview stating the new robocop series will be going up for preorder very soon

I'm not waiting for Hot Toys to get their a**'s in gear. With all the Iron Man/Batman/Avengers stuff they have been putting 90% of their R&D budget into the last few years, it could be a GOOD long while before any new Robocop/ED-209/Robocain figures are released.

I just picked up the Robo 3 flight pack edition and I have no regrets even if the new figure comes out. If the pre-order hits by March, it might be July-October 2014 before we MAY see anything (remember Avatar Jake Sully?).

P.S. Their website mentions nothing of ROBOCOP of any sort, maybe they are having problems dealing with licensing now that the new film is in production/post-production.

Last edited:
428954_400438050018191_2095126059_n-noscale.jpg

This dome is looking very scarily the same as the previous one =/
Hot-Toys-Robocop-ED-209-1_1343395764.jpg

You're not wrong. However its possible its plastic that is very successfully mimicking the same look as the rubber.....one hopes. Surely HT has seen whats happened to the rubber domes on the old ones....

If it were plastic, I'd assume it would be unpainted like the rest of the figure instead of black. Anyway, we could always write them a ton of emails reminding them of the rubber dome issue and asking them to do the new one in plastic.
rotfl.gif

So it's Hot Toys doing a 1:4 scale Robocop.

I thought it was Enterbay doing 1:4 and HT doing 1:6?

Wait a second! Is the Robo in this picture 1:4?? Now that I look closer I think it is. I just assumed it was HT because its was on a HT collectors FB page. But you are correct EB-1:4. HT-1:6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back