Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Preordered the set today. Looks like I'm going to have a full Robocop shelf (except no ED)! Murphy-Clean Robocop-BD Robocop

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I ordered the BD robocop alone; love the set, but $294 is easier to swallow..BD one is incredible....my god, the paint apps on the proto are as good as anyone could hope to every get....how do you improve perfection? (making it cheaper maybe)

Come on, man, you can't give up on him! Not on RoboJesus!
Yeah, what's $300.00 compared to the cost of your immortal soul!

I ship all my figures to a freight forwarder in Blaine wa. So no duty and no excessive shipping costs and I get stock when it's released not a month later.
Ah, I see. Personally NRDs don't bother me. Actually kind of like having a little bit squared-away and the feeling of knowing my order's secured.

These figures are a dream com true.

Come on, man, you can't give up on him! Not on RoboJesus!

View attachment 138845

View attachment 138846[/

I have the money it just feels like to much. Getting very little for the dollar spent. I might consider to even leave Robocop out of my collection. I guess I have until next year to decide. You know that feeling that you know your paying too much for what your getting. I feel this way here. I didn't feel that way with Chewbacca.

$220 per figure, or to throw the balance a bit, $200 for Murphy, $240 for BD Robocop. Or $190 for human/civilian figure (like Banner) and $250 for BD armored figure (Starburst). Looks like HT's current standard prices.

I have the money it just feels like to much. Getting very little for the dollar spent. I might consider to even leave Robocop out of my collection. I guess I have until next year to decide. You know that feeling that you know your paying too much for what your getting. I feel this way here. I didn't feel that way with Chewbacca.

The near $300 price tag is cause for a pause. That's why the two-pack is a better value. You can tell yourself that the BD Robo is "only" $260 and Murphy is $180.

I do wish it was closer to the Cap set, but quite frankly I wasn't expecting a police officer Murphy figure. I'm guessing they upped the prices because it comes with more accessories.

Love the Alex Murphy. Sucks it's only available in a 2-pack. No interest in the BD Robo.

Oh wait, this isn't $500 plus? $439?

Not bad.

I ordered the BD robocop alone; love the set, but $294 is easier to swallow..BD one is incredible....my god, the paint apps on the proto are as good as anyone could hope to every get....how do you improve perfection? (making it cheaper maybe)

I think it'd be better to get the set and sell Murphy separately. Should end up getting to I cheaper that way.

I do wish it was closer to the Cap set, but quite frankly I wasn't expecting a police officer Murphy figure. I'm guessing they upped the prices because it comes with more accessories.

I love the Stealth Suit Cap, but I knew it wouldn't cost nearly as much as a Peter Weller-faced BD Robo. And the Civvie Steve is essentially an alternate headsculpt with some clothing, not nearly as complex as a cop Murphy with body armor.

Despite the mangling of his face?

Oh wait, this isn't $500 plus? $439?

Not bad.

Agreed, though this hobby is hard to keep up with, not that complaining about it and buying them anyway will solve anything:lol In the end you just have to pick the must haves and keep moving, there's just no way to get everything out there that catches your eye, at least for the regular working class Joe like me. Buy only what you can afford and don't put yourself into the red for toys:lecture

**** Star Wars. We've been getting Han Solo, Chewbacca and Stormtroopers for over 37 years. There will be more of them, long after this Hot Toys phenomenon is over.

Battle Damaged Murphy and Alex Murphy? Ain't never seen these two before.

**** Star Wars. We've been getting Han Solo, Chewbacca and Stormtroopers for over 37 years. There will be more of them, long after this Hot Toys phenomenon is over.

Android from Star Trek, arch enemy of Star Wars, approves

Yeah, and don't get me wrong, that's coming from someone who loves Star Wars.

Honestly, Star Wars is the kind of brand where the product can be crap and people will still get hyped about it. Throw on another logo in the form of the Hot Toys brand and you got a recipe for overzealous behavior. I had a friend text me about the Stormtroopers and he has no interest in 1/6 doll collecting.

Yeah, and don't get me wrong, that's coming from someone who loves Star Wars.

Honestly, Star Wars is the kind of brand where the product can be crap and people will still get hyped about it. Throw on another logo in the form of the Hot Toys brand and you got a recipe for overzealous behavior. I had a friend text me about the Stormtroopers and he has no interest in 1/6 doll collecting.

It can and will get ridiculous. I'm pretty sure I have to rule it out but I do have a curious yearning for a good Princess Leia figure. Conceivably there'd be an opening in my collection for her even if I'm buying nothing else from Star Wars - to have all the best sci-fi female heroes, the holy trinity if you will of Ripley, Sarah Connor and Princess Leia.

Honestly I'm not just trying to justify wanting a Slave Leia in my collection. Really

Wish they'd just made a DX robocop with 2 chest plates, and two heads and asked $400 for it.
Don't want to start a robocop collection, or a murphy.

Oh well, I'll just settle on the first one.

:lecture:clap:clap:clap

Android from Star Trek, arch enemy of Star Wars, approves

:lol

Wish they'd just made a DX robocop with 2 chest plates, and two heads and asked $400 for it.
Don't want to start a robocop collection, or a murphy.

Oh well, I'll just settle on the first one.

Can't blame hot toys for trying to make money, the DX you hoped for was pretty much made with the diecast release, you got 2 chest plates, you got two helmets, 4 face plates, sound features and the aforementioned diecast. Nothing to really complain about here, finally some depth to a line that deserves it, we get 2 robos and a Murphy, I say bring it. Its better than the 401st version of ironman:monkey4

Back