Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Terminator was a license provided by sideshow. They worked together on the license basically. That's why there was almost zero lag time between the US and Overseas release.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Unboxed a few hours ago.
A Robo-dream come true. All portraits perfect, not seeing the wonky eyes as yet...
Dying to do the Robo head swap and get Murphy into his headgear too.
This set is a slice of fried gold...

robobd4_zpsngllavxa.jpg

robobd3_zpsoqllojko.jpg

robobd1%20fb_zpss04tz1bs.jpg

robobd2_zpsgkvh8znb.jpg

robobd5_zpswzxhntzy.jpg

Nice pics guys!

Man, the detail on this thing is pretty impressive.. FOTY contender perhaps?

I think this is the best BD figure HT's done so far. Love the sculpt and all the details including the dirt and grime.

But if I get Alex, I also need to (real) Robocop. No interest in battle damage. But if I had the space, I would get all three...

Unboxed a few hours ago.
A Robo-dream come true. All portraits perfect, not seeing the wonky eyes as yet...
Dying to do the Robo head swap and get Murphy into his headgear too.
This set is a slice of fried gold...

robobd5_zpswzxhntzy.jpg

Congrats! loving mine aswell.
But didn't the wires become loose with this headturn? I tried a similar pose and they came undone the two that go in his neckpiece and the one that hides behind his "ear"

I've always thought of it as he 'survived' - his brain is in there, his consciousness. He really should have been gone, wiped out like Mr Kinney - if not for his body armour and a lucky headshot that managed not to destroy his brain.

But his body armor didn't technically save him. I'm guessing it's some sort of ballistic nylon? There didn't seem to be any evidence of armor plates or anything like that. The shotguns turned it into Swiss cheese.

And it's not quite clear how Murphy's consciousness transcended the death of his physical brain. We didn't get a scene similar to Cain's in RC2.

Well, there's also this. Perhaps "death" is a matter of semantics. RoboCop - Maybe Murphy never really died. - Science Fiction and Fantasy Message Board - GameFAQs

I always took it as that Murphy died but his brain was Frankensteined back to life. It makes it creepier to me personally, but its just my personal interpretation.

Murphy survived his ordeal? That must've been in the special edition.
or it was you who watched special edition where OCP took a random corpse from morgue. because regular version contained OCP taking an officer who survived the shootout, the bullet to his head, all the time needed for gang to get away and Lewis to find Murphy, transportation to the clinic and several minutes of attempts to save him before giving him to OCP.
his consciousness was occasional, of course, as OCP only needed intact brain. but if brain stayed functioning during all above procedures and after all above time, it means Murphy was alive all that time - long after he played a shooting doll for the gang.
which means he survived all body shots, which means his armor saved him, which is what i said from the beginning.

Last edited:

or it was you who watched special edition where OCP took a random corpse from morgue. because regular version contained OCP taking an officer who survived the shootout, the bullet to his head, all the time needed for gang to get away and Lewis to find Murphy, transportation to the clinic and several minutes of attempts to save him before giving him to OCP.
his consciousness was occasional, of course, as OCP only needed intact brain. but if brain stayed functioning during all above procedures and after all above time, it means Murphy was alive all that time - long after he played a shooting doll for the gang.
which means he survived all body shots, which means his armor saved him, which is what i said from the beginning.

Yeah, that must've been it. Christ... :slap

"All right, that's all we can do."

"Let's call it."

"What's the time?"

Back