Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I always thought Murphy 'officially' died as a human when the scene fades to black in the hospital scene and he is reborn as Robocop in the very next scene when he comes online. :dunno

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

well his brain died at that scene but the body was more or less dead from all the gunshot dmg :lecture

original.jpg

"He signed a release when he joined the force. And he's dead. We can do pretty much what we want."

The logistics don't hold up under further scrutiny. But I don't really care because it's RoboCop. :lol

Verhoeven frequently mentioned the Christ analogy when talking about the movie, rising from the dead & all that.

well his brain died at that scene but the body was more or less dead from all the gunshot dmg :lecture
no it wasn't.

the body armor that didn't do **** in the movie

that was the start :)

...except for leaving Murphy alive in spite of being heavily shot from a close distance?...

Murphy survived his ordeal? That must've been in the special edition.

But his body armor didn't technically save him.

or it was you who watched special edition where OCP took a random corpse from morgue. (blah blah blah) it means Murphy was alive all that time - long after he played a shooting doll for the gang.
which means he survived all body shots, which means his armor saved him, which is what i said from the beginning.

and then YankeesFanboy kindly proves my words with movie words:
Yeah, that must've been it. Christ... :slap

"All right, that's all we can do."

"Let's call it."

"What's the time?"
which happens after Murphy is gunshot into body armor (and stays alive, so it "did do **** in the movie" and "did technically save him", then gets shot into the head - and still is alive for a long, long time enough for Boddicker to leave him, Lewis to find him, emergency service to get him and try to save him for a long time.

but there's a lot more. if brain was dead, no Murphy personality stayed there. because dead brain = dead neuron connections, and there is no way to put back all those thrillions of connections in the same order they were in - especially because nobody had his brain scan of such a level of detail and nobody could, or science in that setting could already copy human personalities.

so his brain was alive, though slightly damaged, causing some memory loss. some.

No, both the film and Verhoeven make it pretty clear that Murphy died. It doesn't have to make perfect scientific sense, it's Robocop.

the murphy full survival is just what it should be if it was "perfect science".
the murphy survival due to body armor is what was established in the movie anyway.

well just thought i'd ask, its so quick you'd never know almost :lol

Every true Robocop fan would know that I would have thought? :dunno

Verhoeven out of his face and Keva Rosenberg's classic scene for the win. :rock2

no it wasn't.

that was the start :)

and then YankeesFanboy kindly proves my words with movie words:
which happens after Murphy is gunshot into body armor (and stays alive, so it "did do **** in the movie" and "did technically save him", then gets shot into the head - and still is alive for a long, long time enough for Boddicker to leave him, Lewis to find him, emergency service to get him and try to save him for a long time.

but there's a lot more. if brain was dead, no Murphy personality stayed there. because dead brain = dead neuron connections, and there is no way to put back all those thrillions of connections in the same order they were in - especially because nobody had his brain scan of such a level of detail and nobody could, or science in that setting could already copy human personalities.

so his brain was alive, though slightly damaged, causing some memory loss. some.

latest

You're either completely lost or a troll. The medical team tried to save him but couldn't, eventually giving up and marking the time of death.

Also Johnson said Murphy was dead, remember? Funny you didn't quote that post of mine.

Jesus H. :slap

latest

You're either completely lost or a troll. The medical team tried to save him but couldn't, eventually giving up and marking the time of death.

Also Johnson said Murphy was dead, remember? Funny you didn't quote that post of mine.

Jesus H. :slap

True he's dead when the medical team can't revive him. I'm just surprised he survived the gunshot wound to the head and lived long enough to get to the hospital. In the scene where boddicker and his gang tortures him he looks dead after the bullet hits his head.

Last edited:

True he's dead when the medical team can't revive him. I'm just surprised he survived the gunshot wound to the head and lived long enough to get to the hospital. In the scene where boddicker and his gang tortures him he looks dead after the bullet hits his head.

Good point. He does look very, very dead when his head hits the floor. There's a sense of finality, that Alex Murphy is no longer alive.

Some of it doesn't make much sense but I'm willing to overlook that because it's RoboCop.

Scored the bd body with hs and fist for 165$ pretty happy :)

Back