Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I ended up buying another clean Robo specifically for the chair. Eventually I will buy another BD set to add another Murphy without helmet and doing his gun twirly thing and the full BD look with the helmet still on - alas Robo in chair will have to agree to a headswap there. I'd prefer not to but I didn't buy any loose Robo-heads when I had the chance.

Yeah. I only ever got one spare head when they were available. The price has risen now, but the one i bought was still $90.
I have used that for the half BD one.
There are so many different looks for the character, it's great to see what everyone comes up with for their fave looks.

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

So I got this set finally the other day. It's great, even better in person. It was brand new in a sealed HT box. The articulated hands, well, I have two right ones....does anyone know if HT will allow to purchase the correct one (I need a left articulated hand). I got it from ebay but seller described it as new unopened (and it was, as I cracked the original tape seal on the inner shipping box it has never been opened). Can't really bark up the seller tree because they could not have switched it because as I said it was all sealed. Anyone ever deal with HT Customer service directly? Sideshow is not going to help me either since I didn't order it from them. Any thoughts appreciated. Thanks!

Just buy a loose left hand on ebay. The seller wont be able to do anything except a possible partial refund.

Just buy a loose left hand on ebay. The seller wont be able to do anything except a possible partial refund.

it's not even his fault, there is no way he could have opened it. I sent an email to HT see what they can do, maybe send me a replacement for free or just shipping? I dunno.

it's the articulated one (robo) that I need. Can't seem to find those on ebay

i can't believe this set is going for around $300 shipped on ebay new. This is one of HT best set. Was this set over production?

i can't believe this set is going for around $300 shipped on ebay new. This is one of HT best set. Was this set over production?

What's funny before I got mine, I made an offer for one set for about 375 shipped (it was here in the US already) as the seller wanted 400 plus about 25 shipped. They declined. In 2 days that same seller dropped his price to approx that but by then I had already got mine. But still even at 375 some have gone lower especially the auction ones from what I've seen. Some are still listed higher, and some sellers obviously are refusing to take even 5 bucks less than their listed price it seems. All depends if you want to move it or not....

So I got this set finally the other day. It's great, even better in person. It was brand new in a sealed HT box. The articulated hands, well, I have two right ones....
you're lucky! now just buy a pair of hands on ebay, and you'll have 1 left and 3 right hands, which are very important, because you can glue a pistol to a hand, achieving screen accuracy of Robocop's specific grip, and still have an articulated hand and one more hand for another figure with a pistol :)

I ended up buying another clean Robo specifically for the chair.
don't forget to put something under his butt and elbows! everywhere where that weird rubber is on the chair - to avoid paint sticking.
i put a black suede piece on a seat and some transparent packing material on handles.

you're lucky! now just buy a pair of hands on ebay, and you'll have 1 left and 3 right hands, which are very important, because you can glue a pistol to a hand, achieving screen accuracy of Robocop's specific grip, and still have an articulated hand and one more hand for another figure with a pistol :)

don't forget to put something under his butt and elbows! everywhere where that weird rubber is on the chair - to avoid paint sticking.
i put a black suede piece on a seat and some transparent packing material on handles.

I remembered to put a cushion under his ass/legs, didn't think anything was needed for the arms though....

I remembered to put a cushion under his ass/legs, didn't think anything was needed for the arms though....
it's the same sticky rubber material there as is on the seat. i didn't want to risk, as robocop grips them tightly, so elbows, forearms and fingers should be protected :)
black plastic parts of his hands can stick to things, too. i have 2 fists and a spiked fist covered in package material - that grey thing, i don't know the translation and my internet almost doesn't work now to google.

True, if I can find a set! All I can find are the human hands, no robo ones. I had heard how hard it was to get him to hold the gun, I sorta got it ok, it's a loose fit, but looks better when you keep his elbow at 90 degrees with gun pointing up vs. outstretched aiming. This figure set is quite easily the best HT has done, I'm very impressed with it. If we could get this level of attention to Alien/Aliens line that would be awesome.

I had heard how hard it was to get him to hold the gun, I sorta got it ok, it's a loose fit, but looks better when you keep his elbow at 90 degrees with gun pointing up vs. outstretched aiming.
i put the diecast version with outstretched hand and BD version with a cowboy shooting from the hip hand to cover both variants.
just don't forget that rubber elbows don't stand the 90 degree bending for long :gah:

I ended up buying another clean Robo specifically for the chair. Eventually I will buy another BD set to add another Murphy without helmet and doing his gun twirly thing and the full BD look with the helmet still on - alas Robo in chair will have to agree to a headswap there. I'd prefer not to but I didn't buy any loose Robo-heads when I had the chance.

You can never have enough. Especially with all the variation of poses you can do by swapping out the parts

https://www.instagram.com/series209

IMG_9512.jpg

Beautiful photography, as usual.

...the sculpt strangely reminds me of Ed Harris there.

Apart from articulation restrictions, I can't see what more they could have done with this figure. It's so well done.

Apart from articulation restrictions, I can't see what more they could have done with this figure. It's so well done.

DX would have been nice. I know many would disagree but just my thoughts

Looking for just the BD version. Is this available any place for a good price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back