Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

IMG_6374.jpg

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

He is and threezero were gonna make him in 1/6th scale but not so sure whats going on there. Its been a long time since they provided any update on that project so id say it died a quick death.

It might still come out, but it'll take quite a while. It's characteristic.

Still one of the best Hot Toys figures ever made IMO

31423745825_89ec5d6c4d_b.jpg

Certainly the best in my collection and it will likely always remain so since I probably won't be buying very many Hot Toys in the future.

Been re-appreciating the whole Robocop line the past couple of weeks. He's a character that really needs high-end to be done justice so Hot Toys are the final word with Robocop as far as I'm concerned. They actually gave me sculpts that I'm at least 99% happy with and display options I never thought I'd have - different stages of BD, multiple mouth expressions, a full Alex Murphy figure and the Mechanical Chair for Robocop.

There was certainly some blunders that we've talked at length about but overall it's a kick-a$$ line.

if i was a photoshopper, i'd draw "how tsang would sculpt the Robocop's head mechanics" and put it next to this robocop head.
so that everybody would see how lamely he sculpts predator armor and tech.

Certainly the best in my collection and it will likely always remain so since I probably won't be buying very many Hot Toys in the future.

Been re-appreciating the whole Robocop line the past couple of weeks. He's a character that really needs high-end to be done justice so Hot Toys are the final word with Robocop as far as I'm concerned. They actually gave me sculpts that I'm at least 99% happy with and display options I never thought I'd have - different stages of BD, multiple mouth expressions, a full Alex Murphy figure and the Mechanical Chair for Robocop.

There was certainly some blunders that we've talked at length about but overall it's a kick-a$$ line.

Its the most accurate most realistic figure in my collection too, its one of those that if you were not on a toy forum and seen a photo of it in a realistic background you could make the mistake of thinking its the real deal.

31314007871_e915c0e051_b.jpg

The only regret for me is not getting the 2 pack with Alex but I stand by my choice as my display space is to limited to add a second shelf for Robocop.

Clean & BD Robo with Chair and that's a shelf

20153285155_08644caf67_b.jpg

Last edited:

I am getting a friend of mine to make custom laser engraved stand toppers for my Robocop figures, but they are all currently boxed up at work.
Anyone with the Robocop & Chair set able to take some measurements for me?

Basically i am looking for an optimum size for a large flat base to put the Robo and chair on. The area not containing Robo will have a laser cut OCP symbol and a quote from him engraved on the base. I reckon 8 inches by 8 inches should be enough. But should it be larger?

I bought a stack of AOU bases, and each Robocop figure(With the exception of the chair version) will be on one, topped with the laser etched piece, an OCP Logo and a quote from that part of his journey through the movie. At the moment, i am at nine base designs, lol, but i just need a decent size for the one with the chair so i can get my friend to start the artwork.

Its the most accurate most realistic figure in my collection too, its one of those that if you were not on a toy forum and seen a photo of it in a realistic background you could make the mistake of thinking its the real deal.

31314007871_e915c0e051_b.jpg

BD Robo is the pick of the two. That sculpt... hnnnnngg.

Shame about the paint job on mint robo. :(

I snagged this BD/Murph set off ebay the other day, can't wait to get it in hand.

I'd be very glad to hear people's input on my base idea if anyone has a few minutes to post. I am doing a full spread display of every version of Robo from the movie, and will be getting custom bases made with the OCP logo, DETROIT POLICE and a quote from that character, as well as a nameplate for each.
Obviously, for one or two versions he only has a couple of lines. But i am only having one line on each base. So i'd like to hear what Robocop fans reckon would be the best for versions where he has several lines. And be sure to say if there's a cool line i haven't added for a particular model.
See below for the version i am making and(For some), the multiple lines i am trying to choose between(My fave for each highlighted in bold).

Alex Murphy: "Murphy, transferring in from Metro South."

Officer Alex Murphy: "Role models can be very important to a boy" "I usually drive when i'm breaking in a new partner" "Buddy, i think you're slime"

Robo in chair: "Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law"

Robo: "Dead or alive, you are coming with me" "Come quietly, or there will be trouble"

Half Battle Damaged: "You may not like what you're going to see"

Fully Battle Damaged: "I can feel them, but i can't remember them." "D!ck Jones is wanted for murder" " My program will not allow me to act against an officer of this company"

Fully Battle Damaged, covered in blood: "They'll fix you. They fixed everything"

I am doing a full spread display of every version of Robo from the movie

Alex Murphy: "Murphy, transferring in from Metro South."
Officer Alex Murphy: "Role models can be very important to a boy" "I usually drive when i'm breaking in a new partner" "Buddy, i think you're slime"
Robo in chair: "Serve the public trust, protect the innocent, uphold the law"
Robo: "Dead or alive, you are coming with me" "Come quietly, or there will be trouble"
Half Battle Damaged: "You may not like what you're going to see"
Fully Battle Damaged: "I can feel them, but i can't remember them." "D!ck Jones is wanted for murder" " My program will not allow me to act against an officer of this company"
Fully Battle Damaged, covered in blood: "They'll fix you. They fixed everything"

hmmm... i needed 3 more to cover all stages :)

well i i don't know how to describe the exact differences but i used 1 more human in uniform (to show him in full readiness and without a helmet/with pistol circling hand) and 2 more diecast robots (to use all variants of faceplates/helmets/chest plates from the diecast version).
just couldn't get enough of it, diecast version alone requires minimum 3 classic poses - chair, standing proudly, walking with a gun :)
what did you use for civilian Murphy BTW? i just bought some random jeans/shirt/sneakers set.

well i i don't know how to describe the exact differences but i used 1 more human in uniform (to show him in full readiness and without a helmet/with pistol circling hand) and 2 more diecast robots (to use all variants of faceplates/helmets/chest plates from the diecast version).
just couldn't get enough of it, diecast version alone requires minimum 3 classic poses - chair, standing proudly, walking with a gun :)

I totally agree with you. If i had another $900 available, i would have him in every pose as "On Duty Robo". But i reckoned civilian Murphy, Officer Murphy, Robo in chair, Robo standing up with gun, BD with helmet, BD without helmet, and BD covered in blood covered all the looks(I can repose the standing up clean Robo easily enough). If future funds become available, i might get another couple of DC clean Robo figures.

what did you use for civilian Murphy BTW? i just bought some random jeans/shirt/sneakers set.

I still-framed the scene with him arriving to the station and got close as i could to what he was wearing, although the jacket is a different colour.
I am still making his shirt. I got the correct colour, but it's got a pattern on it that i couldn't find anywhere, so i am doing that myself. More on that when i have the whole display done.

yep, concerning different appearances you got them all covered. i wish you to use all face plates in the end, for that alone you will need at least 4 helmeted robocops in total. i used the slightly opened mouth on a robocop trying to elude the execution by police and SWAT forces rather than having him just sitting. for a sitting robocop i copied a pose two other people used - EndoSickness and probably shells - a robocop without a helmet sits and looks in a mirror with a helmet in his hand.
wow so you made the clothes with your own hands. can't wait to see the result.

yep, concerning different appearances you got them all covered. i wish you to use all face plates in the end, for that alone you will need at least 4 helmeted robocops in total. i used the slightly opened mouth on a robocop trying to elude the execution by police and SWAT forces rather than having him just sitting. for a sitting robocop i copied a pose two other people used - EndoSickness and probably shells - a robocop without a helmet sits and looks in a mirror with a helmet in his hand.
wow so you made the clothes with your own hands. can't wait to see the result.

I got the shirt from Toy Anxiety, but i will be embossing the pattern myself. The shapes are a bit bizarre, so i am making them myself to be stamped onto the shirt.
I know what you are saying about the different faceplates. It's a great thing there are so many options!

I ended up buying another clean Robo specifically for the chair. Eventually I will buy another BD set to add another Murphy without helmet and doing his gun twirly thing and the full BD look with the helmet still on - alas Robo in chair will have to agree to a headswap there. I'd prefer not to but I didn't buy any loose Robo-heads when I had the chance.

Back