Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

no, i meant the initial attack on blue liquid :)
this:

it was vivid in the movie, too.

ui-4fba0cbd076777.15989386.jpeg

peter_weller_robocop.jpg

Well this just shows that I have to re-watch the movie to get the finer details.

I guess my 'attack' was poorly stated, lol

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Made 2 blocks of steel outta german putty stuff, little mixture of brown, red and copper for that steel feel and just a tad rust, not much, nothing fancy. My girlfriend hates it, but I wanted it to have that crude feel and it has.
Check my collection thread for more.
:wave

Endoskickness, any chance on a group buy for the 2 blocks and mirror accessory?

Both items look great with the sitting pose!

Endoskickness, any chance on a group buy for the 2 blocks and mirror accessory?

Both items look great with the sitting pose!

Not really, man.
I just took 2 big chunks of putty, roughly shaped them to mirror the ones Murphy sits on, primed them black, mixed brown, with a bit of red and copper for that normal steel look and afters, in the rifts, I added extremly thinned orange/brown and dropped that in there and just let it flow, for a natural rust effect.

The mirror is actually just a small piece of metal from a tobacco box from the smoker times of my girlfriend, nothing more.

So that all is really easy to be done and I don´t think a groupbuy is necessary.

But thx for asking, Positron...really.
:wave

The set is on sale for $358 shipped from popcultcha right now

a8afd8845665c751ac46448f0c63d334.jpg

99aa96645629cc4ac8b62d0a6c2aa90c.jpg

Did some reposing and thought I'd post this. Absolutely a stunning piece.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish the ankles had left to right rotation

just checked my ankle... it doesn't have left to right rotation, and i'm doing fine.
and they say i'm too demanding to HT :lol

but seriously, it was handy on a clean figure, wonder why they abandoned the idea on this one.

I actually never noticed the lack of ankle articulation...but since I initially posed him I actually haven't reposed the lower body. Regardless it is one of Hot Toys best and I'm glad it is of a character I've loved since I was a kid. Very nice set. The Murphy is also well worth it as well.

I actually never noticed the lack of ankle articulation...but since I initially posed him I actually haven't reposed the lower body. Regardless it is one of Hot Toys best and I'm glad it is of a character I've loved since I was a kid. Very nice set. The Murphy is also well worth it as well.

The ankle tilt is a bit hard, but it´s there.
Articulation-wise it´s very interesting to see how much have tricked the eye in the movie and what´s REALLY possible with this design.

I think the Hot Toys Robocops merit full marks for articulation considering their innovation with the shoulders, hips and midsection - all without messing up the aesthetics of the sculpt. The caveat of course, as it is a bulky robot suit, it will still be more limited than a human body/True type.

You think?
A true type wouldn´t have the pull-out-shoulders, so the true type ones in combination with the armor would collide with the chest piece even sooner, I think.
They still could´ve combined the shoulder with a ball joint in the arm socket, so the articulation could´ve been another tad bigger, but you can pull of MANY poses from the movie.

I get a lot of great poses from it. The hardest darn thing for me is to hold the gun, more so on the clean version. I really wish they had included a gun holding hand (with gun molded into the hand).

Finally got to unbox my bd Robocop, awesome piece! Especially the head scult and paint work!

Now a maybe dumb question: how do I remove that protective plastic foil around the thigh joints? Seems like it's stuck inside the joint. I guess you can't pop off the legs completely, can you? My other "regular" HT figures with clothing obviously don't have/need that... Any help would be appreciated :)

I guess you can't pop off the legs completely, can you?
yes you can. and easily. these ebay photos will show you what you want to achieve.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Untitled2_zps002d7a78.jpg~original

BD body is the same.
just avoid breaking the peg.

Last edited:

yes you can. and easily. these ebay photos will show you what you want to achieve.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Untitled2_zps002d7a78.jpg~original

BD body is the same.
just avoid breaking the peg.
Ah, thanks for clarification. The arms on mine move pretty smooth, the legs are a bit more tight. Do you suggest just pulling the leg or pulling and twisting at the same time?

no, just pull. if you do both, there will be a moment when the ball joint will be in the narrowest part of leg socket... which will mean that you are basically trying to break it :)

Are you guys sure that your ankles aren't stuck? My BD has pretty damn good ankle pivot. I have him posed in a wide-ish stance now and both feet can sit flat on the ground naturally

Back