Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Amazon has the set for $356 shipped from a Japan seller, that sounds like a great deal probably as good as spooktacular. I might jump on that.

Hope it lasts for a week or so, I have $50 coming in Amazon gift cards, $308 shipped would be an instabuy

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Kinda sad how poorly RoboCop has done. Figured this set would've sold out by now.

Agreed, Sol. The Robo fan base just isn't that large. Well, large enough to drop several hundred dollars for figures, anyway.

That's why it hasn't sold out, price is steep, at the price this sells at it puts it just out of reach of the average collector, I bought the single figure myself even though I would have loved the 2 pack. That said there's not much to complain about, the figure is a masterpiece and among Hot Toys finest head sculpts, maybe even there very best. I would have liked to see the inclusion of the sound gimmick having a few key sayings from the part of the movie this figure represents, but its not something I would have used more than once.

Agreed, Skull. I think we may overestimate the popularity of high-end collecting. Most fans simply don't want to spend $250 on one figure, let alone $750 for three.

Yep, Murphy looks aces (who ever thought we would actually get a Murphy figure with a Weller likeness, seriously?) and a sound feature would've made an already outstanding figure even better.

Agreed, Skull. I think we may overestimate the popularity of high-end collecting. Most fans simply don't want to spend $250 on one figure, let alone $750 for three.

Yep, Murphy looks aces (who ever thought we would actually get a Murphy figure with a Weller likeness, seriously?) and a sound feature would've made an already outstanding figure even better.

I hate to be that guy complaining about price, we've heard that all before but to be honest it is starting to wear on me, I've already slowed down in the past year and become more selective, lately I've stepped further outside 1/6 into some smaller figures to keep things fresh and a bit more affordable, but even at the smaller scale things are overpriced so it 's not just sixth scale, I spent 90 dollars on a 6" figure this past week, great little figure but not really worth that price tag.

I'll likely never stop collecting completely but I do see myself slowing to a crawl, I've picked back up on gaming lately and I've been enjoying doing that again, picked up a PS4 a couple of months ago, however it turned out to be a dud unit, sent it back to playstation for service this week:(

I hate to be that guy complaining about price, we've heard that all before but to be honest it is starting to wear on me, I've already slowed down in the past year and become more selective, lately I've stepped further outside 1/6 into some smaller figures to keep things fresh and a bit more affordable, but even at the smaller scale things are overpriced so it 's not just sixth scale, I spent 90 dollars on a 6" figure this past week, great little figure but not really worth that price tag.

I'll likely never stop collecting completely but I do see myself slowing to a crawl, I've picked back up on gaming lately and I've been enjoying doing that again, picked up a PS4 a couple of months ago, however it turned out to be a dud unit, sent it back to playstation for service this week:(

It's tough, but I think patience is where it's at
I say that and I'm paying full price for the mondo tmnt figs, so I guess I'm a hypocrite
But on hot toys, I have been patient, robo was my last our purchase, still plan on getting this and matrix

No worries. Unless you're made of money (or you're CarlosOneSixthScale :lol), it's hard to collect $250 worth of anything, sometimes as often as several times a month.

Good luck with the PS4. :duff

It's tough, but I think patience is where it's at
I say that and I'm paying full price for the mondo tmnt figs, so I guess I'm a hypocrite
But on hot toys, I have been patient, robo was my last our purchase, still plan on getting this and matrix

Patience is good thing, however with collecting it doesn't always work out, sometimes you miss out, other times it works, but by the time these figures go on sale I'm already interested in something new:lol

I just ordered my second matrix using rewards points that finally came into use, I saved about 70 bucks so I guess I'm still spending more than I should too, and I also pre-ordered those mondo turtles too, its an addiction:panic:

Patience is good thing, however with collecting it doesn't always work out, sometimes you miss out, other times it works, but by the time these figures go on sale I'm already interested in something new:lol

I just ordered my second matrix using rewards points that finally came into use, I saved about 70 bucks so I guess I'm still spending more than I should too, and I also pre-ordered those mondo turtles too, its an addiction:panic:
It really is, I've gone months without a purchase but am always looking for a fig that peaks my interest
Unfortunately, the 1/3 scale hulk statue priced at $2600 has caught my eye ftmfl

My busy season is over and I can finally turn more time to the hobby. This set is part of the batch of goodies that has been sitting here sealed for months. Finally get to start unbox in this stuff!

Caught up on this thread and I'm happy to see these are getting universal praise. Looks like they turned out insane! If only everything could have this same nearly seamless transfer from proto to production. Time to free these beauts!

My busy season is over and I can finally turn more time to the hobby. This set is part of the batch of goodies that has been sitting here sealed for months. Finally get to start unbox in this stuff!

Caught up on this thread and I'm happy to see these are getting universal praise. Looks like they turned out insane! If only everything could have this same nearly seamless transfer from proto to production. Time to free these beauts!

Enjoy buddy, the set does not disappoint, some of HT's best work, BTW did you ever decide on a camera, if so post some shots:)

uploadfromtaptalk1444967292505.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967333149.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967369730.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967411333.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967449109.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967504695.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967560193.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967576725.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967595571.jpguploadfromtaptalk1444967610219.jpg

My little 2 cents on this set.. Got it 2 weeks ago and i love this set its beautiful. Like the battledamaged Robocop i think the headsculpt is dead on. What really impressed me is the Alex Murphy figure he just looks perfect in his armored cop outfit and couldn't be happier with him they nailed it.

Prolly will set up my RC shelf this weekend.
Can´t wait to re-unpack those 2, DC Murphy and ED.
My room needs to finally be ht-ish.
:rock

I first saw Robocop when i was ten years old, and i *never* before saw the similarities between Murphy's body armour and Robocop's body before. Never realised how similar they look.
Thanks for posting that pic!

Fantastic pictures and display, Solaire! Enjoyed seeing those.

And Username, good point. Never noticed that either but the armour seems clearly modelled on the tactical gear. Cool to see something new like that after all these years. Now I'm almost regretting not picking-up Murphy (but space is tight, so not quite).

Back