Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

Is murphy a slim body or a narrow shoulder? I was told it was a narrow shoulder torso with slim arms but it's hard to tell from the photos. Also, are the hands smaller than normal hot toys hands which are oversized?

Re: Hot Toys "RoboCop (Battle Damaged Ver) & Alex Murphy Collectible Figures Set

I first saw Robocop when i was ten years old, and i *never* before saw the similarities between Murphy's body armour and Robocop's body before. Never realised how similar they look.
Thanks for posting that pic!
Thank you :) Glad you liked it

Fantastic pictures and display, Solaire! Enjoyed seeing those.

And Username, good point. Never noticed that either but the armour seems clearly modelled on the tactical gear. Cool to see something new like that after all these years. Now I'm almost regretting not picking-up Murphy (but space is tight, so not quite).
Thanks mate [emoji16]

And Username, good point. Never noticed that either but the armour seems clearly modelled on the tactical gear. Cool to see something new like that after all these years.

I know. I am amazed myself at seeing what was clearly an intentional design choice that i never picked up on before now.

I never noticed it either but I'm sure I'll never be able to stop noticing it when I watch the movie now.

I never noticed it either but I'm sure I'll never be able to stop noticing it when I watch the movie now.

To be fair, we never see the pic above in the movie(For obvious reasons), of Murphy standing next to Robocop. Even though we *might* see Robocop next to other cops with that vest on, we wouldn't draw the similarities together.
I love being able to see something new in the design after all these years.

Enjoy buddy, the set does not disappoint, some of HT's best work, BTW did you ever decide on a camera, if so post some shots:)

That sounds great, Kid! :clap Don't forget to tell us what you think. :duff

Overly impressed!!!! I'm definitely joining the FOTY camp. The only very close second in my book for FOTY would be the Mark 43, but this is notch above everything else that comes to mind for 2015.

It's not just the killer likeness & realism or the fine details, but it's also really well constructed. Nice tight joints and despite not being diecast it still has good heft. Glad I went for the 2-pack because Murphy is a great figure too.

Pete, the camera hunt fell on the back-burner as did most other things the last couple of months. Where I left off was it was a toss up between the Nikon D5200 or the Cannon equivalent (I forget the model name). Since I stopped looking I think there's a 5500 now. If that's significantly better I'll probably go with that. I'm gonna grab something after the weekend. Long overdue because I'm sick of taking crappy pics :lol

Is murphy a slim body or a narrow shoulder? I was told it was a narrow shoulder torso with slim arms but it's hard to tell from the photos. Also, are the hands smaller than normal hot toys hands which are oversized?

It's a complete Frankenstein of both the Slim and the Narrow. It has Narrow legs, shoulders and bicep/triceps with the Slim's torso. The forearms aren't used in any of the boxed TTMs. They are used on other releases like Coulson & Redskull but they are painted for Murphy.

I took this pic a while ago to compare the Narrow, Slim, Bruce Lee and some hybrids. From left to right it's the Bruce Lee, TTM09 Slim, Red Skull, Coulson, TTM18 Narrow.

Here's the Slim compared to the Red Skull which is the same formula as Murphy from the waist up

The hands are the same oversized scale as most other HT. They're all from old molds that we've seen a ton of times. The only new unique hand is the gun twirling and that is as large as the rest of them.

uploadfromtaptalk1445111528819.jpg

Loving this fig unbelievable :::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Glad to hear you like the set so much, Kid. And thanks for the technical info about the figure. :duff

New shelf, at my new place, only mirrored from my old set up, but completely new shelf.

Love how that turned out:

18102015_01.jpg
18102015_02.jpg

:yess:

Great display Endo :clap. All 4 of these pieces are great despite the finish on clean Robo and the issues some had with ED. My ED is still in tip-top shape thank God

Glad to hear you like the set so much, Kid. And thanks for the technical info about the figure. :duff

Nice to have another member of the club. :)

I'm digging him to death and can't get enough of looking at him. More than happy to be part of the club :)

Is this the first time HT gave us decals that we have to apply ourselves? Can't remember another set where everything wasn't applied already. Struck me a little weird that they couldn't do that themselves but I guess it makes it easier to get better custom labels....

.... so are you selling these? :)

Funny, I was just about to post about the jars of baby food.
I knew they were 'off' somehow, so I researched it. The boy pictured on the HT stickers is a different boy, with a different facial expression, and the arrangement of the text is not film-accurate either. I looked at the bluray, and reconstructed the jar stickers to be much more film-accurate, including the text, and the two blue and one pink versions seen in the movie. (HT only gives us the blue version, and they're pretty bad; grainy, low-resolution, and not accurate at all.)

By the way- for those who don't know, I'm the guy who created the replacement upgrades for the ED-209 decals.
I'll be printing these sticker upgrades on paper peel-and-stick, or maybe very thin vinyl. Check out the comparison photos below, and tell me what you think-- feel free to pm me.
First, the Hot Toys stickers:
View attachment 203088
View attachment 203089
Next, the movie stills for reference:
View attachment 203090View attachment 203091
View attachment 203092
(this next shot shows that the baby face appears on the front AND back of the jars)
View attachment 203093
Finally, my digital reconstructions:
View attachment 203094

Great display Endo :clap. All 4 of these pieces are great despite the finish on clean Robo and the issues some had with ED. My ED is still in tip-top shape thank God

Thx, PCK.
That´s my second, an exchange and he´s good cause I applied Liqui Moly, a german car rubber care product.
A rub over all pieces every 2 months and he´s good.
Unpacked him yesterday and nothing. Really happy.
:rock

Amazon has the set for $356 shipped from a Japan seller, that sounds like a great deal probably as good as spooktacular. I might jump on that.

I lost out on that deal
Best current deal on Amazon is $358 with $37 in shipping
I've got $50 in gift cards and will wait for it to drop another $40 or so

Nice pics fellas, making holding out all the more difficult

Back