Hot Toys Predators Royce MMS131 (with full specs and pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What could of been if they released the rest of the team. :exactly:

I want the rest. :monkey2 Blaine, Mac, Poncho, and the other guy (I can never remember his name), Dillon is an easy custom with the Creed figure.

The sheer size of the Berserker really sold me. That and I wanted a set of main hero versus main villain. Although the scene where he straights pulled spine + skull of one of the character is pretty awesome. I am on the same boat as you regarding Falconer, he got offed pretty easily and I don't recall any scene where he wowed me.

agreed mate! I'm only looking for royce and beserker and that's enough for me in this line

unless of course, they make a new original predator from this movie :pray:

as for the movie, it's 2nd best IMO with Original Predator as numero uno! sorry for the Pred 2 fans, but that's at the bottle of my list :dunno

I want the rest. :monkey2 Blaine, Mac, Poncho, and the other guy (I can never remember his name), Dillon is an easy custom with the Creed figure.

Hawkins!!!!!!! I'm pretty close to completing the team, I can't wait :rock

Pretty much sculpt Hawkins and it's over!!!! Game over dude :rock

I know it's from Aliens, I don't care I like that line :D

I think we would all love the team....but atleast they made Dutch and the Predator, and didnt make Anna first...:lol

Hawkins!!!!!!! I'm pretty close to completing the team, I can't wait :rock

Pretty much sculpt Hawkins and it's over!!!! Game over dude :rock

I know it's from Aliens, I don't care I like that line :D

How about Ana Ski? Are you going to make her?

How about Ana Ski? Are you going to make her?

You know I just might, that will be a HUGE challenge because I haven't done female likeness just yet :panic:

I should update my thread with the Poncho body progress... although that's the cake part of it after the sculpt is finished I feel everything else is just downhill.

I have a semi tip for you, for your Mac. You should try to emulate the Hot Toys skin detail with him. He looks great sculpt wise, but I think if you can give that detail, he'll look 100000% better.

I tried it...and it kinda worked. If you use a tooth brush, and maybe a very slightly darker shade of brown....or use the same brown, and just cake it on.

But keep his head nice n' shiney. :D

Yea I'll see what I can do with that, I'll have several more attempts at him with casting, the PM's are piling :banghead

Just gotta find the time.

You have pics of your work, curious?

I have a semi tip for you, for your Mac. You should try to emulate the Hot Toys skin detail with him. He looks great sculpt wise, but I think if you can give that detail, he'll look 100000% better.

I tried it...and it kinda worked. If you use a tooth brush, and maybe a very slightly darker shade of brown....or use the same brown, and just cake it on.

But keep his head nice n' shiney. :D

More often than not, the figure winds up looking like an overpainted turd and it's very easy to turn an awesome sculpt into garbage with poor paint apps (we see this often from SSC). Most skin details on HT figures are captured through the molding process with both the sculpt and materials used. They might be adding freckles now, which I think they're overusing, but most of the detail already exists before a paint brush even touches the head. As for Mac, no. Mac was just one shade of brown.

Re: Predators Royce Collectible Figure

I don't see why Falconer not being able to take off his mask is such a big deal, when I hear he never takes it off in the film?

yes but it would be alot better if he did come with a detachable mask! take chopper predator and celtic predator, you never see their faces on the film but hot toys still made their bio masks detachable.

yes but it would be alot better if he did come with a detachable mask! take chopper predator and celtic predator, you never see their faces on the film but hot toys still made their bio masks detachable.

:exactly::exactly:
Agreed. It's been done before and Chopper and Celtic had less screen time than Falconer. A face similar to Berserker would be fine with me. As long as he has something under the bio, it would show that HT has gone that extra mile like they have with there other Preds.

More often than not, the figure winds up looking like an overpainted turd and it's very easy to turn an awesome sculpt into garbage with poor paint apps (we see this often from SSC). Most skin details on HT figures are captured through the molding process with both the sculpt and materials used. They might be adding freckles now, which I think they're overusing, but most of the detail already exists before a paint brush even touches the head. As for Mac, no. Mac was just one shade of brown.

:goodpost::goodpost:
Right. The key to applying the paint, is in smooth and light layers. The details and texture should be on the sculpt, otherwise you may hurt the quality of the sculpt.

it would be alot better if he did come with a detachable mask! take chopper predator and celtic predator, you never see their faces on the film but hot toys still made their bio masks detachable.

:exactly::exactly:
Agreed. It's been done before and Chopper and Celtic had less screen time than Falconer. A face similar to Berserker would be fine with me. As long as he has something under the bio, it would show that HT has gone that extra mile like they have with there other Preds.

Guess you guys didn't see the statement from HT about Falconer and the Bio situation.

Hot Toys said:
As for the face mask, we’d like to make it detachable…. However, we have to be true to the movie & get green-lighted from the licensor. We also understand what fans want and did try to “create” a face for him. But somehow it is not approved officially : (… Anyways, we hope the additional falcon would meet fans’ expectation :)

HT had nothing to do with the decision to not include a face for Falconer (Tracker too if they make him). Blame Twentieth Century Fox Film Corporation and/or KNB EFX for that ish.

But if you do it right.....

I'm not saying this is a brilliant paint brush....but this is what I came up with. I think it turned out ok.

Kpv009.jpg

Kpv006.jpg

Kpv008.jpg

^^ btw, that Kovacs was never finished. I'm looking at him now. He never got his hair done...:( so ignore the sloppy flippy hair. :lol

Back