Hot Toys Predator, Predator 2, Predators, AvP, AvP:R 1/6 + 1/4 scale announcement

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder if this means they'll make a new Machiko that looks like an Asian lady, rendering my old Angelina Jolie-ish version obsolete.
I would buy an accurate Machiko figure in a heartbeat.

ok, but then you can't complain when the rubber on your nice expensive collectibles rots away. display cases exist for a reason. you might as well stick with the NECA figures if you're gonna put everything on bookshelves.
I'd like to see these rubber Predators you're speaking of, first of all.

And do you really think everyone puts their HT figures in display cases?
I doubt that would save any of the HT Aliens from deteriorting either.

I've always hated the look of detolfs..so tacky, imo.
Having a single figure on a beautiful black painted shelf that is cut specifically to his size on the other hand..

But yeah, none of my HT figures have been in display cases/detolfs..and they're all fine..minus the Aliens.

8 for me. :nana: :lol

How do I change the settings for this?

A 1/4 scale Wolf would make a great substitute instead of spending $1,500 to 2,000 for the Sideshow Wolf maquette. At least the Hot Toys version would be more limited than the more than likely open edition Sideshow maquette.

Hadn't thought about that. Hope they don't make him skinny this time.

Mine are just on shelves. I'd like cases for them eventually when I stop buying the actual toys but in the meantime I'm not too worried about them rotting away just because they're exposed to air and dust. My Predator dreads are fine so far and I'm not expecting them to suddenly disintegrate.

Mine are on shelves as well. With no problems.

I would buy an accurate Machiko figure in a heartbeat.

As would I. :lecture

I'd like to see these rubber Predators you're speaking of, first of all.

And do you really think everyone puts their HT figures in display cases?
I doubt that would save any of the HT Aliens from deteriorting either.

I've always hated the look of detolfs..so tacky, imo.
Having a single figure on a beautiful black painted shelf that is cut specifically to his size on the other hand..

But yeah, none of my HT figures have been in display cases/detolfs..and they're all fine..minus the Aliens.

Indeed. I havent bought any detolfs because I think they look silly. But to each their own. :dunno

Personally Im glad about the news. I missed my chance on all the predator figures that i wanted. Now here is my chance again. It does suck for the people who paid 500 plus for each of the 1/6th scale figures online.

My main priorities:
Classic Predator (Predator 1)
Dutch (Predator 1)
Elder Predator (Predator 2)
City Hunter (Predator 2)

I missed my chance on the first P2/P2BD and P2 Elder, started with P1 and got Berzerker as well as the new Classic on Preorder...But I will get the updated P2 and if they redo P2 Elder, Ill get him and I will indeed get an updated P1, if they do him again as well. If they do end up redoing P1 again, then I will likely sell off Classic and Berzerker and focus on only P1 and P2 (and Elder).

I have all the old ones excluding a few of the AVP ones. Had them all at some point other than AVP Elder and Anicom Scar.

As it stands I currently have the following in the old style:

Scar
Celtic
Wolf
Cleaner Wolf
Predator 2
BD Predator 2
Predator 1 x 2
Lost Predator
Guardian Predator
Elder Predator 2

So does this mean we'll get a new 1/6 P1 Pred with bone trophies and all? If so, I wonder if it will just be a re-release of the Classic with a few extras or a new sculpt.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I'd say there's a very distinct possibility that they will make a new Predator 1. I guess we won't know until it's out whether it'll be a different sculpt from the Classic or just a rehash with the added parts.

Nothing is guaranteed, but I'd say there's a very distinct possibility that they will make a new Predator 1. I guess we won't know until it's out whether it'll be a different sculpt from the Classic or just a rehash with the added parts.

I love the Classic Pred we got/are getting and plan to convert it to a P1 but I would have no problem if HT made a new, proper 1/6 P1 as well. I would definitely get a new Wolf Pred though especially if it's a new sculpt since I sadly missed out on the last 2.

So does this mean we'll get a new 1/6 P1 Pred with bone trophies and all? If so, I wonder if it will just be a re-release of the Classic with a few extras or a new sculpt.

I think we will see a 1/4 P1 first. A new 1/6 P1 would look almost identical to Classic. Maybe we will see a new 1/6 P1 in 2013.

I think we will see a 1/4 P1 first. A new 1/6 P1 would look almost identical to Classic. Maybe we will see a new 1/6 P1 in 2013.

Your probably right which is good. Like I said I love the Classic Pred so I'm in no hurry for a new 1/6 P1 but I would still like to see one anyways.

It would be good if they didn't reach "grail" status anymore IMO.

I'd be fine with that. I know many will disagree but I'm glad to see HT go back and redo some of their older figures even if it does decrease their value.

I think grail status idea regarding Hot Toys has changed a lot. Not sure if for good or bad.

It would be good if they didn't reach "grail" status anymore IMO.

As soon as a new Elder is made the old Elder will lose his grail status anyway. Think of the prices he was going for recently, he'll be worth less than half of that once an updated version comes out.

That's fine by me. But then again I sold mine for $250 a while back, so I might be a bit sour on the P2 Elder current prices :lol

Back