Hot Toys MMS72 - Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Predator)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice photos above!

Anyone selling this figure in any condition?

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk

Ive got one that I would be willing to sell he was displayed in my Detolf but I sold my collection ages ago ( didn't want to part with Dutch ) so he's back in his box. I haven't checked on him for a while but would be happy to open him up to check him and post some pics here if you like.
What's the going rate for a Dutch these days ? I have been out of the figure game for years so honestly have no clue and eBay will no doubt throw up totally ridiculous prices

Pete

I'd really love to get a Dutch someday, and repaint the head and weather up the outfit, but unfortunately the prices are just way too crazy high now.

Someone really needs to offer a custom head and outfit for this character.

Well that didn't take long! Just got my Dutch in today thanks to a seller on here, and I gotta say it looks pretty darn good. You can definitely see how it's an older HT figure in the less refined tailoring and the general lack of detail (and lack of accessories), but the likeness is still fantastic and I can see an awful lot of potential there after some weathering and repainting. And I'm expecting one of those M34 bodies this week as well which should help, as the legs on this one are wobbly as hell.

20181113_1841181.jpg

20181113_1841291.jpg

Nice pics!

Yeah, in the pics I've seen, the detail isn't the highest, but somehow, the likeness to me has still always looked really good. In pictures, it's always to me never really looked out of place next to recent figures. I think it's better than its Predator (MMS90) counterpart.

For me though, I have no interest in human characters from the Predator films. I just collect Predators.

Nice. He's always been a figure I've wanted since I started collecting, but being so far away from the rest of the world I just can't see me ever going down the road of buying from overseas sellers (and I'd never want to fork out the asking rate)

That looks fantastic!

After a quick search I think I was able to find some better boots for mine. Looks like they're just Vietnam-era jungle boots. These look a little beat up, but are at least not plastic.

Screenshot_20181114-091022_eBay~01~01.jpg

Looks great!

I was doing a google search and just came across pics of the original proto figures that I hadn't seen before. They definitely improved the Arnold sculpt a whole lot, although I kinda prefer the expression they had before. As well as the ability to put the cigar in his mouth.

2572793682_1cf9c99c87_o.jpg

2572793180_43046fd31f_o.jpg

Holy **** that's a blast from the past. Pretty amateur looking sculpt, they definitely improved it for the final release, although their improvement could now do with some improving.

Re: Hot Toys MMS72 - Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Predator)

Was it very difficult for you to cram the M35 into those HT pants?
Could you please post more pics, to see just how good the fit is?
m.

Will try later, check my instagram. You can see more pics of Dutch with the M35

Thanks buddy.
Anyway, was it a hard push to get the big guy in his pants?
Thanks,
m.

Will try later, check my instagram. You can see more pics of Dutch with the M35

Thanks buddy.
Anyway, was it a hard push to get the big guy in his pants?
Thanks,
m.

Not very hard but not as easy as with a m34. Didnt take me much time or effort.

Dutch: Billy..dig me a way outta this hole

Billy: only way outta here is that valley to the east....but I wouldn't wish that on a broke **** dog

If anyone is interested I've got the regular edition of this figure available for sale, comes complete with box. He was displayed only. PM me if interested. Looking to move some pieces.

Back