Hot Toys MMS72 - Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Predator)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice job. It addresses the major issues. The unnatural body proportions and pinheadedness of the stock release.
I think the only thing is he is too dirty for his outfit to be so clean.Weather that too if you wish and it should look just right.

Hoping Dutch 2.0 is coming eventually and improved in every possible way!!

The old Predator fig, MMS 90 was also way too small. KPH was like over 7 feet tall. HT undersized the Pred badly.

cgOtjL4.jpg

It's amazing how close this came to being just another glorified GI Joe like the 1/6 figures before it. The final Dutch sculpt ushered in a new era of detail and likeness quality for Hot Toys. I remember seeing this photo for the first time and thinking I could no longer stay away from this hobby.

s737619424575262359_p376_i3_w600.jpeg

Interestingly enough, the Billy figure didn't seem to get the revamp that Dutch did. As a result, the 2009 Predator line represents two generations of headsculpt technique.

If I remember correctly I believe this was related to the actor not willing to give rights to use his likeness. Hence the blonde hair and weird face paint.

I pray for the day we see a Dutch 2.0 Thread. :exactly:

Heck yeah! Anything Predator 1 / Dutch is an instant PO for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just won this grail off of ebay this morning. New "sealed" according to description. Anything i should look out for on this figure? I see he has rubber arms....is it the same as the other hot toys with those types of joints? Dont leave in bent position too long?

Hot Toys MMS72 - Major Alan "Dutch" Schaefer (Predator)

Just won this grail off of ebay this morning. New "sealed" according to description. Anything i should look out for on this figure? I see he has rubber arms....is it the same as the other hot toys with those types of joints? Dont leave in bent position too long?

The knees! These are notorious for split rubber elbows and broken knees. One of the knees on my Dutch broke, and hes literally been only shelf displayed since I got him.

I ended up having to buy an older HT body, pulled the lower half of the legs off to replace them on Dutch.

Wow you found a new one of this figure, thats good going. The fig is like 12 years old. The rubber body on my fig is still in perfect condition, although I dont use that body anymore, Left it in the bent arm position for ages and the rubber didn't crack.
I think if you live in a dry atmosphere it can affect the rubber more.

The knees! These are notorious for split rubber elbows and broken knees. One of the knees on my Dutch broke, and hes literally been only shelf displayed since I got him.

I ended up having to buy an older HT body, pulled the lower half of the legs off to replace them on Dutch.

Yeah i just caught up on this thread and see this guy skipped leg day...badly. Went ahead and ordered the Phicen M34 body and just leave the stock HT body in the box lol.

Wow you found a new one of this figure, thats good going. The fig is like 12 years old. The rubber body on my fig is still in perfect condition, although I dont use that body anymore, Left it in the bent arm position for ages and the rubber didn't crack.
I think if you live in a dry atmosphere it can affect the rubber more.

Yeah it was honestly an impulse buy. I dont usually buy human Hot toys, but Dutch feels like a must for a predator collection. Saw the auction last night with 14 hrs at $230 and couldnt help myself (won it at $400 so it was by no means cheap, but for brand new ill take it).

Judging by people's impressions of the years, seems like typical old plastic/rubber. Plus the stock body looks sorta tiny for "Ahnold" proportions. Gonna just leave the stock HT body in the box and display with the phicen. Saw a few posts back with the M34 and it looks really good.

Yeah i just caught up on this thread and see this guy skipped leg day...badly. Went ahead and ordered the Phicen M34 body and just leave the stock HT body in the box lol.

Yeah it was honestly an impulse buy. I dont usually buy human Hot toys, but Dutch feels like a must for a predator collection. Saw the auction last night with 14 hrs at $230 and couldnt help myself (won it at $400 so it was by no means cheap, but for brand new ill take it).

Judging by people's impressions of the years, seems like typical old plastic/rubber. Plus the stock body looks sorta tiny for "Ahnold" proportions. Gonna just leave the stock HT body in the box and display with the phicen. Saw a few posts back with the M34 and it looks really good.

I was considering the M34 as well and bought one but after inspecting the M34 and comparing it to the original HT body I decided the stick with the original HT body.

A couple things to consider:

The M34 seems to have a wider waist, I don?t think tucking in the brown shirt is possible after a swap. The camo pants might be really tight. Careful with the webbed belt.

The arms pop off the HT body which makes removing the camo tank top easy, but putting that camo tank on over the M34 arms/chest may stretch that fabric to the point of ripping because its an older figure/fabric.

I was considering the M34 as well and bought one but after inspecting the M34 and comparing it to the original HT body I decided the stick with the original HT body.

A couple things to consider:

The M34 seems to have a wider waist, I don?t think tucking in the brown shirt is possible after a swap. The camo pants might be really tight. Careful with the webbed belt.

The arms pop off the HT body which makes removing the camo tank top easy, but putting that camo tank on over the M34 arms/chest may stretch that fabric to the point of ripping because its an older figure/fabric.

Appreciate the insight! I can imagine i wont be doing too many dynamic poses because of the big body and tight clothes. Just excited to have another Arnold in the collection.

One of my regrets was selling off my Terminator Police station shoot-out arnold. Big. Ragrets. [emoji2359]

Has anyone tried combining the Dutch head with one of the T-800 bodies (perhaps MMS136)?
Sorry to bring the thread back up, just wondering about this. The body I'm thinking of is the TTM20, would that work or is it too big for the clothing?

I feel like it's been discussed on here before, but I'm not sure which thread.

Last edited:
I used to have 3 Hot Toys Dutch and for the life of me I can't remember if I ever did a body swap and what may or may not have worked.

It's too bad that Hot Toys has abandoned these earlier lines. How amazing would it be to have updated "Predator" figures along with "Aliens" Marines figures, just to name a few.

Sorry to bring the thread back up, just wondering about this. The body I'm thinking of is the TTM20, would that work or is it too big for the clothing?

I feel like it's been discussed on here before, but I'm not sure which thread.
Is TTM20 body similar to the body on DX10 Terminator? If so, I can take a look after work. I have a feeling it might be a little taller.

Yes TTM20 is the DX10 body. I have a suspicion the neck might be a problem...and that the pants might be very tight on those legs.

Yes TTM20 is the DX10 body. I have a suspicion the neck might be a problem...and that the pants might be very tight on those legs.
Yeah, I think you’re right. DX10 seems taller and thicker in hand. Pretty sure the neck is shorter on Dutch as well.

DX10 is overall slightly larger than Dutch. I took a few measurements:

Overall height difference: ~1/4 inch (could be related to the boots/ankle pegs)
Thigh difference: ~3/4 inch. Pants are baggy on Dutch, so on DX10 they might become tight.
Around the hip/butt area difference: ~1/4 inch (couldn’t measure the waists without striping them down)
Neck height: When measuring from the base of the neck (from the front) they were almost the same. It does appear that the neck peg joint on the DX10 goes into the head slightly more.

If it were me I wouldn’t do the swap.

Attachments

• B433B15F-1CF3-44E3-8CAD-16BEC8E55F3B.jpeg
    B433B15F-1CF3-44E3-8CAD-16BEC8E55F3B.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Back