1/6 Hot Toys - MMS576 - Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse - Spider-Gwen

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Putting it on a tB league makes for a pretty cool custom spider Gwen but she’s way way too thicc to pass off as something accurate to the movie.

fortunately as mentioned I think Gwen is by far the most innovative and articulated spiderman related hot toy figure ever. There’s a couple extra points that could have helped but they have nailed the form meets function hybrid impeccably

all in all I think this is their top figure from the year.
My main nit ks the eyes on the unmasked head are too dull and have a doll dot. I get the animation has that but it doesn’t translate to it 3/D imo this looks like it sets us back 15 years in terms of paint work.

My second nit is that the head and hood are one part. It limits some ability for cool and more dynamic poses and hides her eyes too much

All in all this is a 9/10 figure probably the highest I’ve rated any hot toy

the fact that there is only 9 NINE pages of posts on this baffles me. It’s a spiderman figure, probably the best and one of the most commercially successful spiderman films. It’s a really popular character and it’s an AMAZING figure.

Putting it on a tB league makes for a pretty cool custom spider Gwen but she’s way way too thicc to pass off as something accurate to the movie.

fortunately as mentioned I think Gwen is by far the most innovative and articulated spiderman related hot toy figure ever. There’s a couple extra points that could have helped but they have nailed the form meets function hybrid impeccably

My main nit ks the eyes on the unmasked head are too dull and have a doll dot. I get the animation has that but it doesn’t translate to it 3/D imo this looks like it sets us back 15 years in terms of paint work.

My second nit is that the head and hood are one part. It limits some ability for cool and more dynamic poses and hides her eyes too much

the fact that there is only 9 NINE pages of posts on this baffles me. It’s a spiderman figure, probably the best and one of the most commercially successful spiderman films. It’s a really popular character and it’s an AMAZING figure.
Glad to hear you like it so much. I'm personally waiting on Miles to release so that I can also pick up Gwen to go along with him. Wish he wasn't so delayed from his initial release. He should have released before Gwen at this point.

I'm not surprised by the lack of interest though. Animated/stylized 1/6 figures are unfornately not really popular. I'm a huge fan of them but a lot of people just like sticking to really realistic looking figures even if the source material they're based off of is stylized/animated. Just look at all the complaints from everyone saying the What If figures should have been realistic looking. I'm all for more stylized/animated 1/6 figures. It's why I'm hoping Sideshow doesn't butcher their animated Clone Wars Anakin and Obi-Wan.

VDblvbS.png

I'm a big fan of the movie, but I went the 1/12 scale route for this movie so I could get all the characters. Hot Toys have only made two characters, and skipped Peter B Parker which is the one I really want. If they made him, I'd probably have bought Miles and Gwen.

What's the suit material like? Is it the same as recent Spidey figures where you have to be careful with long-term posing?

I'm a big fan of the movie, but I went the 1/12 scale route for this movie so I could get all the characters. Hot Toys have only made two characters, and skipped Peter B Parker which is the one I really want. If they made him, I'd probably have bought Miles and Gwen.

What's the suit material like? Is it the same as recent Spidey figures where you have to be careful with long-term posing?

if they sold better they maybe would have got to Peter B but I think the two stand alone without. I was more a 90s spiderman fan so spider verse’s novelty is really in these two characters for me, I’ve got lots of regular Peter spiderman figures to satisfy me. Though it would be cool if they made him as well

the suit is kind of different than anything I’ve ever seen them do before to be honest. It’s not fabric like the recent spider man’s and even though it looks like it’s that kind of rubber that the Night Monkey spiderman has it’s not. That future can’t pose worth a damn but this is almost limitless.

thry do warn not to keep it bent for long periods, if you do such in the knees you’ll find it sort of bunching up but then it just stretches right back to normal.. no issues. It’s kind of incredible.

will it rot or deteriorate in time? That’s the real test. But for now I think it’s kind of a modern marvel of innovation in these kinds of figures. Pun intended

if they sold better they maybe would have got to Peter B but I think the two stand alone without. I was more a 90s spiderman fan so spider verse’s novelty is really in these two characters for me, I’ve got lots of regular Peter spiderman figures to satisfy me. Though it would be cool if they made him as well

the suit is kind of different than anything I’ve ever seen them do before to be honest. It’s not fabric like the recent spider man’s and even though it looks like it’s that kind of rubber that the Night Monkey spiderman has it’s not. That future can’t pose worth a damn but this is almost limitless.

thry do warn not to keep it bent for long periods, if you do such in the knees you’ll find it sort of bunching up but then it just stretches right back to normal.. no issues. It’s kind of incredible.

will it rot or deteriorate in time? That’s the real test. But for now I think it’s kind of a modern marvel of innovation in these kinds of figures. Pun intended
Thanks for the details on the suits.

I do see what you mean by Miles and Gwen standing alone. Maybe the sequel will give us a Peter B Parker.

Absolutely love posing Spider-Gwen. This figure amazing if you are on the fence about getting it. From the head sculpt to the excessories to the posability. The suit is very forgiving as well. Just take your time moving and positioning and don't force anything. She is easily in my top 2 of the year 2021.
20220116_172744.jpg
20220116_173404.jpg

I finally got around to opening this figure and she is stunning. Yes indeed, figure of the year for 2021. Love this new female body from HT.
Raymond F. said it better than I ever could about the details and the nits. One other detail I find fascinating is how the triangles embossed over the suit change color and go from black to white to iridescent. I will never take the backdrop out of the box. I prefer to place her in my own environments. Spider Ham is a treat; his curly tail is just the icing on the cake

Kind of wondering (hoping) that they might go all in on her like Miles and give her a full casual look too like she wears when she meets up with Miles after the party. Would allow screen accuracy to that scene as well. Although, to be honest, I’d probably be happy enough with an unmasked/hood up look being possible.

Feel like she could be a Summer Showcase reveal in Mid-July, and they’re just perfecting the sculpt for now.

Back