1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Your wait will end when gmoney gets that IW Iron Man. So never....:lol

I don't want his Mark L anymore...I've moved onto bigger and better things...I now yearn for...

giphy.gif

I feel it hilarious enough to imagine the masses of fighters suddenly appear to attack Thanos naked. :rotfl He might have been surprised enough of that sight to be beaten more easily?

And if we think how it was explained in the Spiderman movie, that everyone just become where they were when disappeared, like in middle of schoolday - that might have been one horrible nightmare to those teens to happen! Poor kids. ;)

What comes to Bucky, I feel that he rather would be left the clothes behind than his hand. I have always supposed it was some way attached to him in deeper way than just a regular prosthesis. So if it went together with his hand nerves and all, it wouldn?t just go away as easily as Rocket probably hopes.

But that pic is just perfect. ;)

And I am very curious to see more of the Bucky photos, specially close-ups of the face. :)

I just hope there would be a figure of armless White Wolf Bucky with that sweet sad smile, like in the lake scene with Shuri. Oh my, that would be a figure to die for. <3 (But I really like this one, as well.)

Just received mine today. Love this guy - very good figure. My only gripe is I feel like they didn't paint the metallic arm very well. the gold accents are very muted.

Since this is my fav MCU character, and a pair of Buckys showed up today - overall...
:blissy:blissy:blissy:inlove:love:dance

IMO a fig this good deserves the best photography, so I'll just drop this YT link from Toys Zone here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk0jpzh3DrI

'coz my cell phones have lighting etc. problems and don't do justice. Short review: Holy *&%$ this is a beautiful fig!:cool:

So, I managed to yank off one of the little metal tabs on the jacket, but - cool - it's a kind of thin metal tab that folds around the jacket edge, so I will fix that. U might want to squeeze the tabs on the jacket edge tho. One of the jackets has VERY slight place where the stitching ran too close to the edge on the back - I can fix, but whatever.:pfft:

Other than that - in hand IMO this just feels quality. The hair sculpt is outstanding, soft edges allow for some head articulation if u are careful. IMO the arm is beautifully done, almost liquid sheen and clean paint overall. Haven't compared the rifle yet to CW version but feels like there was some subtle upgrade - not sure about that tho. Finally, re the production paint/sculpt - doesn't seem to show up in images but the hair is toned, deep deep brown and blacks, soft edges to hair/beard - dunno what to say, this fig is *freakily good*.:monkey3 (IMO HT can drive u *mad*, they do some inexplicable stuff and then turn out a Bucky like this.:google:wacky)

Or - bein' a Bucky fan, seriously considering another one at some point, just out of greed:cool:. 'Coz this is a beautiful fig and great to work with - HT at it's best IMO:clap. Probably get some flack, but the thought keeps creeping in that this is a better fig than IW Cap:monkey3 - (I've got a 'bashed version of IW Cap but that plastic-y uniform still frosts me and that sculpt...) - well, anyway, if this is the last long-hair Bucky, the Winter Soldier/White Wolf is going out with a bang. Until the TV series anyway.:cool::google

Cell pics with *&&^%$ lighting and sourced bases (old HT Predator and Phicen), so the color tone is off etc:(:slap. This fig deserves a pro taking pics!

HotToys_InfinityWar_Bucky_pair1.jpg

HotToys_InfinityWar_Bucky_pair2.jpg

HotToys_InfinityWar_Bucky_knife.jpg

HotToys_InfinityWar_Bucky_side1.jpg

HotToys_InfinityWar_Bucky_rifle.jpg

Since this is my fav MCU character, and a pair of Buckys showed up today - overall...

IMO a fig this good deserves the best photography, so I'll just drop this YT link from Toys Zone here:

'coz my cell phones have lighting etc. problems and don't do justice. Short review: Holy *&%$ this is a beautiful fig!:cool:

So, I managed to yank off one of the little metal tabs on the jacket, but - cool - it's a kind of thin metal tab that folds around the jacket edge, so I will fix that. U might want to squeeze the tabs on the jacket edge tho. One of the jackets has VERY slight place where the stitching ran too close to the edge on the back - I can fix, but whatever.:pfft:

Other than that - in hand IMO this just feels quality. The hair sculpt is outstanding, soft edges allow for some head articulation if u are careful. IMO the arm is beautifully done, almost liquid sheen and clean paint overall. Haven't compared the rifle yet to CW version but feels like there was some subtle upgrade - not sure about that tho. Finally, re the production paint/sculpt - doesn't seem to show up in images but the hair is toned, deep deep brown and blacks, soft edges to hair/beard - dunno what to say, this fig is *freakily good*.:monkey3 (IMO HT can drive u *mad*, they do some inexplicable stuff and then turn out a Bucky like this.:google:wacky)

Or - bein' a Bucky fan, seriously considering another one at some point, just out of greed:cool:. 'Coz this is a beautiful fig and great to work with - HT at it's best IMO:clap. Probably get some flack, but the thought keeps creeping in that this is a better fig than IW Cap:monkey3 - (I've got a 'bashed version of IW Cap but that plastic-y uniform still frosts me and that sculpt...) - well, anyway, if this is the last long-hair Bucky, the Winter Soldier/White Wolf is going out with a bang. Until the TV series anyway.:cool::google

Cell pics with *&&^%$ lighting and sourced bases (old HT Predator and Phicen), so the color tone is off etc:(:slap. This fig deserves a pro taking pics!

View attachment 468499

View attachment 468500

View attachment 468501

View attachment 468502

View attachment 468503

Excellent shots dude! I was on the fence, but gotta say the more and more I see the more I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. :clap

Fake unboxing, or he should complain his fig didn?t come with all those clear plastic things that should have wrapped the head, arms, and boots. [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Excellent shots dude! I was on the fence, but gotta say the more and more I see the more I'm leaning towards pulling the trigger. :clap

Thanks! :) Wish I had more time to put with a few other figs; may try later.

Yeah for sure these figs ain't cheap and who wants a fig u feel "eh" about, but opening the boxes got the feeling that someone at HT loved this fig. Everything from the perfect paint on the hands to all the stitching to the not over-painted face plus superb sculpt. Same feeling I got first time I opened CW Widow and CW Cap. Even the hair really works, tho suspect the best customizers are gonna outdo themselves putting rooted hair on.

Too bad I don't have an Outrider to go with - well, there's my bashed mostly HT Cap. And hope to pick up IW Natasha soon.

Meanwhile in alternate universe, Bucky as Captain America.

View attachment 468497

Epic use of the IW Cap body, looks fantastic!

View attachment 468499

View attachment 468500

View attachment 468501

View attachment 468502

View attachment 468503

Fabulous photos!!! :clap :clap :clap I'm even more excited for it now! :panic:

I quite like your diorama display stands.

Epic use of the IW Cap body, looks fantastic!

Fabulous photos!!! :clap :clap :clap I'm even more excited for it now! :panic:

I quite like your diorama display stands.

Thank you!:) Yeah, u can pick up stuff like that from Monkey Depot, the 'bay, etc. but I can get away with that kind of thing 'coz I use bookshelves. They can take up space or have some weight, depending.

Hope u are real happy with him - Bucky may be my fav MCU character but IMO a *blah* fig is a blah fig :lol. Going over the rifle some more, realized the rifle alone of that quality - since I outfit my Buckys and BW with extra weapons - even if plastic - wouldn't be all that cheap:horror. Has great detail. Tip: One of my scopes kept popping off, but figured out if u carefully line up tiny pegs and holes, and push scope hard, I didn't need glue/putty - holds fine.

U can do a lot with him - articulation limited by usual pants and body etc., but overall IMO great to work with (and nice to know my CW Panther is still holding up :cool:) Just a great fig with great paint IMO. :clap Few more cell shots.....

Bad boys bad boys whatcha gonna do, whatcha gonna do when they come for you:lol:cool:

hottoys_bucky_cap_iw_bp.jpg

hottoys_bucky_blackpanther_iw.jpg

hottoys_bucky_cap_iw.jpg

Great shots and groupings, Sassafras! Bucky looks good. My only nit is how prominent the black wrist ball pegs appear. HT should have at least provided a set that were chromed with the same finish as the mechanical arm. Would have looked better than the glaring black ones. A small detail to be sure, but it really shows on the figure.

Great shots and groupings, Sassafras! Bucky looks good. My only nit is how prominent the black wrist ball pegs appear. HT should have at least provided a set that were chromed with the same finish as the mechanical arm. Would have looked better than the glaring black ones. A small detail to be sure, but it really shows on the figure.

Hmm didn?t realize the wrist pegs were black as I know this comes with special wrist pegs for this arm that have the lines like the arm does to match just not painted gold

Thank you:)! LOL I didn't even really notice the wrist pegs. Guess it's one of those things for me. Color-wise? Effect-wise I guess *subconsciously* I figure *realistically*:google a real arm would be darker in that area - if not downright dirty. Lots of gears or something. Like at the elbow joint.

(On the other hand, CW Bucky's too-short pants irritate me 'coz you can't bend a leg without having to stuff the d*mn pants back into the boots. EVERY TIME:mad:. I dunno why HT makes the choices it does - cost saving, probably. Like stitching the zippers at the bottom instead of using a zipper stop.:slap)

Also - tho don't suppose it matters that much - the boots/shoes are completely unpainted. For me, am so relieved by the sculpt, paint, and IMO costume excellence (also at least the bodies I have have good joints feel sturdy) am coasting on the glow IMO of money well spent. :cool:

Dunno:dunno, maybe my budget cell phone does stuff with proportions too - at least I noticed I had to pay attention to the angle, otherwise figs look kinda squat in pics.:horror Hope the pics help some w. folks making decisions tho, 'coz HT ain't getting cheaper.:( Re the pegs - guess if it starts to bug me I'd just paint 'em, but understand why folks feel that they shouldn't have to futz $$$.

Edit: I'll just leave these here re folks knowing what to do with a camera.:cool: Credit to original photographers.:clap

Hot_toys_IW_Bucky_yue8720.jpg

Hot_toys_IW_Bucky_califtw1983.jpg

Last edited:
All of your pictures are really good, Sassafrass, but I'm with gmoney5000...that kneeling one in EXCELLENT. Going to borrow that to pose him with my Infinity Cap when he shows up ain a few months. Very cool!

Back