1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got this guy in today and he is awesome. Cliche response, but he really does look better in hand and I'm liking him more than I thought would.

As others have said, the mech arm was just stuck. Slowly moved it and it finally was able to bend, still pretty stiff though.

And for the first time in my 1/6th collecting days, I've broken a peg. Then, when trying to remove the ball with pliers, I pinched my finger and got a blood blister. My mistake for not heating it up before pulling.

Now I just need Black Widow and I will be caught up on IW releases!

The perils of collecting! I once went to the hospital and got 5 stitches in my thumb when I sliced it opening a Hasbro AT-AT Walker! :)

I just got this guy in today and he is awesome. Cliche response, but he really does look better in hand and I'm liking him more than I thought would.

As others have said, the mech arm was just stuck. Slowly moved it and it finally was able to bend, still pretty stiff though.

And for the first time in my 1/6th collecting days, I've broken a peg. Then, when trying to remove the ball with pliers, I pinched my finger and got a blood blister. My mistake for not heating it up before pulling.

Now I just need Black Widow and I will be caught up on IW releases!

Sorry to hear:( - yeah, it sounds familiar. Stabbing myself with sculpting tools (which have nice sharp points so useful for 1/6 work at times) and scissors. Plus gluing fingers accidently with Super Glue which sux - hate how it feels and then trying to get off.

But yeah, the arm just needs to be worked a bit. Congrats on getting him; one of my all-time favorites now, thanks to being IMO perfect in every way:clap. I like the IW Widow a lot too - IMO very cool portrait paint, hair shades, great outfit. She's a great variant and Bucky and Nat are excellent on the shelf. Liked both figs enough to get duplicates so I could display with different weapons (picked up an extra Proxima spear way back for Nat).

The perils of collecting! I once went to the hospital and got 5 stitches in my thumb when I sliced it opening a Hasbro AT-AT Walker! :)

Oooh, ouch! Damn that must have hurt. I remember there was one AT-AT that was just wrapped in twine and plastic and I was a mad man slicing through it to get it out.

Eventually they started putting those big vehicles in like a molded egg carton of sorts :lol

Sorry to hear:( - yeah, it sounds familiar. Stabbing myself with sculpting tools (which have nice sharp points so useful for 1/6 work at times) and scissors. Plus gluing fingers accidently with Super Glue which sux - hate how it feels and then trying to get off.

But yeah, the arm just needs to be worked a bit. Congrats on getting him; one of my all-time favorites now, thanks to being IMO perfect in every way:clap. I like the IW Widow a lot too - IMO very cool portrait paint, hair shades, great outfit. She's a great variant and Bucky and Nat are excellent on the shelf. Liked both figs enough to get duplicates so I could display with different weapons (picked up an extra Proxima spear way back for Nat).

I know all too well that Super Glue feeling...

Thanks! Bucky really is perfect. I feel dumb for being reluctant to buy him and holding off for so long now. I?d like to buy Widow this week sometime and get the IW Wakanda gang formed. If you have time, post pics! I would love to see them!

Great pics jedibear! :clap

Thanks! He and Rogers look great together.

IW-BUCKY BARNES-018.jpg

I'm waiting for a deal on this, checking in every day to make sure I don't miss out. But I get a feeling this might be a $20 and free shipping sort of spooktacular figure.

Oooh, ouch! Damn that must have hurt. I remember there was one AT-AT that was just wrapped in twine and plastic and I was a mad man slicing through it to get it out.

Eventually they started putting those big vehicles in like a molded egg carton of sorts :lol

I know all too well that Super Glue feeling...

Thanks! Bucky really is perfect. I feel dumb for being reluctant to buy him and holding off for so long now. I?d like to buy Widow this week sometime and get the IW Wakanda gang formed. If you have time, post pics! I would love to see them!

Nah, he wasn't a main character in these films so I can see folks taking some time. I have some pics if you go to early posts but will try to snap more over the weekend. Bucky and Nat are a pleasure to work with. i need to do some collection work too - more perils of collecting. But more fun than when I cut myself on plastic packaging from some Hasbro fig!

Nah, he wasn't a main character in these films so I can see folks taking some time. I have some pics if you go to early posts but will try to snap more over the weekend. Bucky and Nat are a pleasure to work with. i need to do some collection work too - more perils of collecting. But more fun than when I cut myself on plastic packaging from some Hasbro fig!

Yes! More new pics please!

Thanks! He and Rogers look great together.

View attachment 484109

:clap

I'm waiting for a deal on this, checking in every day to make sure I don't miss out. But I get a feeling this might be a $20 and free shipping sort of spooktacular figure.

Might be in for a long wait... I ended up going ahead and buying him as that was my plan initially. Ended up using a $25 off coupon and some RP. Got him for $180. If you do go ahead, I don't think you will regret. Really is a great figure and better in hand.

:clap

Might be in for a long wait... I ended up going ahead and buying him as that was my plan initially. Ended up using a $25 off coupon and some RP. Got him for $180. If you do go ahead, I don't think you will regret. Really is a great figure and better in hand.
Oh I have no question that he's a great figure. I definitely want him, just don't need him asap. He'll have been out for almost a year if we creep towards Octoberish and if he's not out by then SS tends to do discounts.

Yes! More new pics please!

Not as spectacular as some of the *premium* photos around, but a couple right before I sadly remove War Machine's batteries for long term display.
Light-ups are fun every now and then. And I really wish I had an IW Falcon or at least bought another CW Falcon. Tho he does take some space.
Luv this fig of my fav MCU character Bucky. Never did anything with BW hair - like this fig fine as is even if not screen accurate with the cherry lips etc.:cool::bunnydanc

So much *badassery*:cool:

Hottoys_BuckyBWWM3.jpg

Bucky_BW_InfinityWar.jpg

PS. Using old Predator stand with some "playdirt" picked up at Target. Supposedly non-toxic and safe, but smells like old rubber, made in China. Am sure it is fine.:monkey3

Nice display! They look great together. Jealous of that CW Falcon, still looking to buy one but they are pricey. Really hoping for another release.

Nice display! They look great together. Jealous of that CW Falcon, still looking to buy one but they are pricey. Really hoping for another release.

Thank you - yeah, I'm a big fan of Team Cap in IW - colors, costumes. Looks good on a shelf. CW Falcon prices are insane; don't think anyone thought they'd climb that high, except people figured out HT wasn't gonna release the teased IW version.

Hopefully in time, prices will level out - am sure HT will do a release from the D+ series as well.

Sassafras this is a really cool looking display, thanks for sharing it!

And yes I am also surprised at how high the prices are on CW Falcon, I am so happy I got one when they first came out, he is a fantastic figure.

I am curious to how Falcon will look in the D+ show. We got a glimpse of Bucky from those leaked photos a while back and he looked pretty good

Sassafras this is a really cool looking display, thanks for sharing it!

And yes I am also surprised at how high the prices are on CW Falcon, I am so happy I got one when they first came out, he is a fantastic figure.

I am curious to how Falcon will look in the D+ show. We got a glimpse of Bucky from those leaked photos a while back and he looked pretty good

Thanks all:)! Am also hoping - maybe - since some only display the newest figure - I wouldn't mind having a second CW Falcon used - at a lower price than current. Falcon IS impressive at full wing spread. But he pretty much takes up 2 shelves of the bookcases I hacked for display cases.:horror And I guess getting some extra Redwing drones is probably $$$$$ (I liked the upgrade of having 3 in IW).

Yeah, I'm waiting for the Falcon & Winter Soldier to get my Bucky. I have a feeling it's going to be the best of all worlds.

Also please give us a Zemo.

Didn't feel like making a new thread for this... Just seen these posted on a toy page on Facebook... no info where to order yet. The sculpt is crap but I plan on displaying it like it was in the cap museum in Winter Soldier like I have my golden age Cap.
a0581c4ec3fe24151ea2c2e850abd871.jpg
f8391a16ff375b6b1cafd9e8ec8fe48c.jpg

Didn't feel like making a new thread for this... Just seen these posted on a toy page on Facebook... no info where to order yet. The sculpt is crap but I plan on displaying it like it was in the cap museum in Winter Soldier like I have my golden age Cap.

Thanx for posting I would be all over this. Haven't figured it out yet but there are some decent CW Bucky sculpts floating around where u can peel hair off, sand, repaint and re-wig or resculpt hair. Take some work. This sculpt isn't the worst I've ever seen tho.

Thanks for sharing this!
His outfit looks great!
I agree with you and Sassafras that the sculpt isn’t the best but I think it looks alright.

Back