1/6 Hot Toys - MMS509 - Infinty War - Winter Soldier (Bucky Barnes)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh and holy **** does that coral arm look bad :lol
I mean you just can't get that kind of effect from plastic, it can't be done. Just looks like coral. That will forever stay in the box.

So far tho I'm relieved. Paint looks good; maybe minor production changes. Think the hair might have a bit more squared off curve than the proto, maybe. If this is what's in the box will be a happy customer.

Not like the meltdown I had over the CW paint tho the fig grew on me. And many thanks to FB80 for getting pics up!:clap

I'm liking the final production figure pics too, can't wait, missed out on the previous WS's, so I'm greatly looking forward to this one :panic:

I mean you just can't get that kind of effect from plastic, it can't be done. Just looks like coral. That will forever stay in the box.

Maybe I'll put that accessory in a fish tank to make use of it lol

71786252_10156557884452344_7145184864382222336_o.jpg

My favorite of the new photos.

Oh come on now, it does not look that bad, right? I mean looking at it though rose-colored glasses, or fanboy eyes, it looks kinda ok, right?

Yeah........

It is pretty much coral that I will use on the upcoming Aquaman base :lol

View attachment 467822

My favorite of the new photos.

Saw that on FB and thought the same thing; it will be my go to pose!

Yeah his face and head look much wider/bigger overall than the proto. Sculpt is a little softer as well. It's obvious this was a " rush out the door and be done with it " job by HT. While i do like it and will keep my order, i do wish they had made his face look younger, something seems older about the mp sculpt. Like Sebastian Stan 5 yrs from now and not that youthful appearance he had in IW. In some pics it does look more like him though, mostly the jingobell photos i like.

Hafta disagree with this being a rush job. And it's not that I need to love a fig. Noticed minor production run differences in CW Bucky - like maybe some figs would have flatter hair or more lined eyes. Also this costume needs too much work to rush with all the seams.

Course HT IMO is cutting corners it seems - less extras and all that. But for me HT jumped the tracks with a couple of figs this past year - whatever production they are using where the sculpts look "soft". And the rifle is re-hash tho movie accurate. But so far happy even if I am paying for arm I will never use.

For me so far Bucky looks like Bucky where IW Cap didn't look like Cap to me, sculpt-wise.

Oh come on now, it does not look that bad, right? I mean looking at it though rose-colored glasses, or fanboy eyes, it looks kinda ok, right?

Yeah........

It is pretty much coral that I will use on the upcoming Aquaman base :lol

I'm thinkin' I can flock it with olive green stuff and use it with my ASMUS figs as "forest moss". Will be great with my Legolas fig:monkey3

Yeah his face and head look much wider/bigger overall than the proto. Sculpt is a little softer as well. It's obvious this was a " rush out the door and be done with it " job by HT. While i do like it and will keep my order, i do wish they had made his face look younger, something seems older about the mp sculpt. Like Sebastian Stan 5 yrs from now and not that youthful appearance he had in IW. In some pics it does look more like him though, mostly the jingobell photos i like.

Hafta disagree with this being a rush job. And it's not that I need to love a fig. Noticed minor production run differences in CW Bucky - like maybe some figs would have flatter hair or more lined eyes. Also this costume needs too much work to rush with all the seams.

Course HT IMO is cutting corners it seems - less extras and all that. But for me HT jumped the tracks with a couple of figs this past year - whatever production they are using where the sculpts look "soft". And the rifle is re-hash tho movie accurate. But so far happy even if I am paying for arm I will never use.

For me so far Bucky looks like Bucky where IW Cap didn't look like Cap to me, sculpt-wise.

That SAW is the best looking representation in 1/6 with that specific load out I have seen so far and am perfectly fine with the reuse/reissue of it. If I can find it parted out at non-ludicrous prices, I will likely buy a couple extra as you can new have too many SAWs (besides, Rocket is going to steal it along with the arm)...

Attachments

• C99AF7C4-0D82-4B6E-A0E6-E79EF4D81B89.jpeg
    C99AF7C4-0D82-4B6E-A0E6-E79EF4D81B89.jpeg
    232.7 KB · Views: 219
I?m eating my words from before about having faith on the Head sculpt. In my opinion I don?t see much of Stan in that sculpt anymore. Maybe in one or two photos and from far away. It might grow on me. We?ll see.
He also appears to be slightly taller than cap who is already taller than Thor which he shouldn?t be.

Last edited:
That SAW is the best looking representation in 1/6 with that specific load out I have seen so far and am perfectly fine with the reuse/reissue of it. If I can find it parted out at non-ludicrous prices, I will likely buy a couple extra as you can new have too many SAWs (besides, Rocket is going to steal it along with the arm)...

Oh, am fine with the SAW. What I meant was HT didn't have to fall over themselves developing a new weapon and mold and all that. On the other hand IMO this outfit - reminds me of Loki's with all the stitching. So far looks great. As does the vibranium arm - if he's really as good as the pics I might go for a third one.

(Coz right now CW Bucky is selling for double what I paid and all the CW figs are listed at ridiculous amounts I am gonna be rich hahahahahaha:monkey3)

LOL Rocket.:lol.

I?m eating my words from before about having faith on the Head sculpt. In my opinion I don?t see much of Stan in that sculpt anymore. Maybe in one or two photos and from far away. It might grow on me. We?ll see.
He also appears to be slightly taller than cap who is already taller than Thor which he shouldn?t be.

To be honest i never really saw much Stan in the proto to begin with, but it was good enough and i really wanted a Bucky to go with my cap for a while now. I meant to get the CW Bucky but just didn't work out that way. The only CW figure i did get was WM mk3 and i spent a ton of money in aftermarket price to get it. Wasn't going to do that with this figure. The siuping and jingobell pics convinced me to keep my order.

Honestly.. Looks good. But i absolutely hate the literal lack of chest..or frame at all in the midsection of the outfit
FB_IMG_1570352308940.jpg

Way too flat. Id still probably get him if I didn't have TWS bucky. Still think full on terminator mode is the coolest he has ever looked and ever will look.

To be honest i never really saw much Stan in the proto to begin with, but it was good enough and i really wanted a Bucky to go with my cap for a while now. I meant to get the CW Bucky but just didn't work out that way. The only CW figure i did get was WM mk3 and i spent a ton of money in aftermarket price to get it. Wasn't going to do that with this figure. The siuping and jingobell pics convinced me to keep my order.

Yeah I was in the same boat with the likeness of the prototype as well but after watching IW a few more times, it’s apparent that Sebastian isn’t aging particularly gracefully or was styled up to look grizzled. So it’s not that I think it perfectly represents him as Bucky in IW but from these production pictures, it’s a good 7.5/10 up close.

Honestly.. Looks good. But i absolutely hate the literal lack of chest..or frame at all in the midsection of the outfit
View attachment 467833

Way too flat. Id still probably get him if I didn't have TWS bucky. Still think full on terminator mode is the coolest he has ever looked and ever will look.

That is absolutely noticeable and In my opinion a big fail that, assuming the shirts can be moved, I will actually address with some padding in order to give him the bulk that he needs.

I don't really know what people were expecting with the arm. I don't plan on using it, but I can't picture how they could have done it better. :dunno

Agreed 100%! Yeah I’ll poke fun of the coral arm along with most people but people who have as much experience with this art and also call out HT’s for the **** they regularly pull will freely admit that there really isn’t any other way they could have done this any differently on mass production level. Yeah, maybe they should have just given us the arm in the briefcase instead with a partial shoulder to plug the hole on his left side but would anyone really have displayed that either? I’m not saying that this is a better accessory than the briefcase with arm inside, I’m just saying that the usage (or lack thereof) would have been about the same if not less.

After reviewing more final pics, comparing to the proto and actual pics of Sebastian Stan I think the sculpt is okay and works. I might pick this up in a few months. Will wait for some review videos but it?s definitely growing on me. He looks pretty beast here
29eaa207cb2caa31b9d2b13eefd40b3f.jpg

Last edited:

Easy - mold it in clear plastic marbled with the brown, ensuring the peaks are clear. Drybrush on matching brown to the raised "dust" texture in the sculpt across the translucent parts.

Otherwise this looks great and I'm excited to pick him up. Been waiting for a good Bucky and this is it. You all are ridiculously hard to please.

Easy - mold it in clear plastic marbled with the brown, ensuring the peaks are clear. Drybrush on matching brown to the raised "dust" texture in the sculpt across the translucent parts.

Otherwise this looks great and I'm excited to pick him up. Been waiting for a good Bucky and this is it. You all are ridiculously hard to please.

Right there with you man. This turned out amazing. I thought id come on here and see high praise. Oh well. Its all in the eye of the beholder i guess

It may just be the photography, but IMO the production version looks a bit larger/formidable than the prototype, which I thought looked somewhat slight of build. I think the cut of the outfit also contributed to the prototype looking thin, so I?m glad they seem to have compensated for that. The sculpt has definitely been tweaked as well, but I think it still looks pretty solid.

Back