Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m trying to submit an RMA for my Concept 46, but the first page of Sideshow’s RMA form has no submit or continue button, so there is no way to advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1.jpg

This is BS. Hot Toys had to have rushed this figure. This is my replacement figure from Sideshow and it too has issues. Right out of the box the left fist was detached from the figure. The left poseable hand also had the thumb detached and sitting in its little clam shell. When popped back in to place it just falls out with the slightest movement. My helmet has significant scratches with red that shows underneath. The body seems to be okay but the shoulders had a few scratches and blemishes that I didnt get to take pics of. Heres a the helmet and left hand. Sideshow has always gone above and beyond to help me I just hope they help me again seeing that this was a replacement figure.
20190228_161528-01.jpg
20190228_175254-01.jpg

This is BS. Hot Toys had to have rushed this figure.

Irok, I don't think it's about rushing. I've got 9 IM figures and 4 of them had issues - some of them multiple issues. I think many people's figures are far from perfect but they don't complain or they don't notice.

Whilst I feel your pain 100% (make that 200%) and agree the figures should be better for the money, I think you have to adopt a pragmatic approach.

If half the figures in the wild have issues (and I wouldn't be surprised if it was high as that) the best way for you to get a good figure is with individually replaced parts, not a full figure (you'll get one one with a bad leg or something else). Also factor-in how much the hassle of sending stuff back is ruining your enjoyment of the hobby. After several months you might have a good figure, but you'll never shake the memory of how 'traumatic' it was to get there. I'm not trying to get you to accept crap - just saying look at the situation in a realistic way: there is so much that can go wrong with an IM figure. Even a perfect paint job could have a loose limb or a dud light. It's hard to accept but the standard you have for quality is higher than the manufacturer and retailer.

Also are you going to actually pose the figure with the articulated hands? If not it doesn't matter. I've got the 46 and the fisted hands and repulser hands are better than the articulated - the fingers are naturally splayed on those.

I'm not trying to tell you not seek a replacement, but just don't get stressed about it to the point where your enjoyment is gone, because I think there aren't many perfect ones out there.

Sideshow are sending me a replacement Torso & Leg for the scuffs on my Concept 46. This will obviously mean removing the arms and clean leg from my existing torso to fit the new one - how easy is that to do with the Diecast Iron Figures?

Sideshow are sending me a replacement Torso & Leg for the scuffs on my Concept 46. This will obviously mean removing the arms and clean leg from my existing torso to fit the new one - how easy is that to do with the Diecast Iron Figures?

I’ve done it before but it will require some force.

So as mentioned in another Iron Man thread, I made the mistake of Drinking & Surfing. Got home from the bar and fired up the laptop and this happened:

21f84a76fcc62ef00c17ee3f56ca7777.jpg

9dbdb27bcf7366a5b7208502dae4ec87.jpg

Maybe due to the paint scheme, this one can come across as less mechanical and more muscular than the original 46.

I was going to pose him with the Stark sculpt, but now I kinda want to put him in an action pose.

I still like the original 46 better given it’s a movie armour and IMO the pinnacle of Tony’s “industrial” phase before the organic look took over, but I gotta admit, this is a really fun armour, even when I’m sober.

(What a morning after).

I’ll need to take some time to mess with it.

Cool pics ZE!

I'll probably get around to ordering this one at some point too, but there's so many paint qc issues with this figure it would seem. Looks like you got lucky with yours.

Thanks! I’ve had good luck with Hot Toys QC in general, SSC less so. Seems it’s luck of the draw.

I’m going to go through the tedious process of checking lights, but so far this thing is flawless.

376db3279bc578433838610628c6c83a.jpg

Went through the wildly tedious process of testing all the lights. Everything checks out.

Promptly removed shoulder and leg batteries. I’ll leave the chest, arms and head with batteries in for a little while before removing them for long term display.

I’m digging this colour-way.

5f02bc9ebd7293489065aaa893ac9f36.jpg

It’s not so very different from the CW 46 but it pops and makes for a great alternate timeline Tony. ;)

Love the headsculpt, but hate that it renders me indecisive on how to pose it. [emoji38]

077ebcdeeaf3938bf6f6bbf70cef08f3.jpg

I don't have the 46 standard or the 47 but absolutely love the look of both....tough call to choose between them.

But certainly within my own small group of Iron Men, Concept 46 is now my #1 guy.

The only thing I have against this armour is that it didn't appear in a film, but that's easily forgiven.

The bold colour blocking gives it a comic book feel, and the 46 is one of my favourite armours to begin with.

Been a few days since I got mine and it's just a beast.

I was initially going to pass on this easily, glad I didn't.

A few outdoor shots from yesterday, this guys photographs so well!

Spent a few minutes in PS to turn on the lights on this one, tried my best to capture the "man in a suit look".

Iron Man 46 edit clean.jpg

And then this one is unedited off the cam.

Iron Man 3.jpg

Back