Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone here that has this figure, heard anything from Sideshow? I may just give them a call tomorrow because this is getting ridiculous.

Anyone here that has this figure, heard anything from Sideshow? I may just give them a call tomorrow because this is getting ridiculous.

Got my CA Monday with defects and chatted them up. They said 2-3 days I would hear something. Still nothing. Good thing my imperfections are minor, but still. Bbts and toy dojo handle my issues asap. Too bad this was exclusive to ss

Sideshow just shipped a replacement arm!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Got mine on Thursday, finally had a few minutes to open him up and snap a few pics...

930D35D0-8185-4DE2-B52A-145A756E128B.jpg

ACA4349E-44BB-4822-845B-BAFCA56ADBC8.jpg

2DFFA994-D46E-4B0F-A7F8-94D9D8ED3100.jpg

Video review on this suit is up on the tube - some criticism is probably justified with this release. They should have just sold it as a repaint and not as figure based on a concept art of the Mark 45 (!) which looks in some parts totally different. Wonder what Ryan Meinerding really thought about this release. Personally I like it as a big fan of all Iron Man related collectibles, but the promotion and advertisement feels not right.

51223893_2055051284550098_1508670471753695232_o.jp  g

51359069_2055050637883496_3562514598521208832_o.jp  g

51616415_2055051187883441_6514504281725337600_o.jp  g

51370525_2055050627883497_8746806228081967104_o.jp  g

51863854_2055051427883417_7629710570404446208_o.jp  g

Is that a new video camera for this review? Very nice step up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks hypnobrett. Yes, need to catch up with all the youtubers shooting 4k. :) Check also Wolf and Doc strange review.

And to get back on topic another image:

51367660_2055050611216832_5947484331394990080_o.jpg

XENOMORPH, I'm glad, yours came in without any issues. Your hi-res video and pics show me what mine should look like. I finally heard back from sideshow and they said they'll over look the pictures and get back to me I'm 3 days. Let's hope I can get a replacement.

XENOMORPH, I'm glad, yours came in without any issues. Your hi-res video and pics show me what mine should look like. I finally heard back from sideshow and they said they'll over look the pictures and get back to me I'm 3 days. Let's hope I can get a replacement.

I have yet to hear anything from them yet and its been a 8 days. What kind of CS is this? I understand they had some website issues, but as the customer that shouldn't fall on me. I have not contacted them yet. I'll give them until the end of this week. I had an issue with my Iron Spider from BBTS (minor) and they got back to me the next business day with a solution. These guys got back to you to tell you they will evaluate your pictures you sent them and get back to you later? Terrible.

I submitted my ticket to Sideshow (missing armour plate on my Neon Tech) on December 29th and followed up via messenger two weeks later. They could only confirm they had received all the details and it would be dealt with...but could give no timeline for a resolution. Still waiting...

I submitted my ticket to Sideshow (missing armour plate on my Neon Tech) on December 29th and followed up via messenger two weeks later. They could only confirm they had received all the details and it would be dealt with...but could give no timeline for a resolution. Still waiting...

I'm a patient person and by the looks of it you are too, but you would think a large company like this would have better CS than what you and others have been receiving. At the very least make contact early and let you know they are working on it versus not hearing anything for a lengthy amount of time and then tell you they are going to work on it. I want to go with them for Mark 50 because I like they flex pays, but if they don't fix my issues with my Mark 46 CA I will take my business elsewhere. Any store can sell you something, but what matters most if what they will or won't do when we the customer have an issue. I'm finding out that I'm safer with BBTS, Toy Dojo, etc.

Good luck!

I'm a patient person and by the looks of it you are too, but you would think a large company like this would have better CS than what you and others have been receiving. At the very least make contact early and let you know they are working on it versus not hearing anything for a lengthy amount of time and then tell you they are going to work on it. I want to go with them for Mark 50 because I like they flex pays, but if they don't fix my issues with my Mark 46 CA I will take my business elsewhere. Any store can sell you something, but what matters most if what they will or won't do when we the customer have an issue. I'm finding out that I'm safer with BBTS, Toy Dojo, etc.

Good luck!

Yeah the level of CS is poor currently...and the only reason I've been so patient is because if you follow-up on an existing enquiry, your ticket then goes to the back of the queue.

It would just be nice to get some clarity on what's happening. Am I getting a replacement for the missing part or will I have to send the whole thing back? I'll give it another week (making it a month since my follow-up conversation) and then phone them.

Hard to tell since I don't have many of these... are all these scratches and such intended to be battle damage? Paint defects? What I wouldn't have done for a nice clean suit on this. As a noob, I appreciate the insight, thanks!

IMG_7778.jpg
IMG_7779.jpg
IMG_7780.jpg
IMG_7781.jpg
IMG_7782.jpg

And pretty genius I must say. Avoids having to commit to a sparkling clean figure which would be hard to do.

Yeah I looked at mine very closely after seeing issues others had with the figure. I found a couple very minor unintended imperfections that can easily be overlooked and chalked up to battle damage.

Back