Hot Toys - MMS489 D25 - Iron Man Mark XLVI (10th Anniversary Concept Art Version)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how soon after charging final payment do they ship.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Great to see this coming soon! Just wish it came with a Tony sculpt. Anybody have any input on those $30ish knockoff eBay sculpts? Are they decent or trash?

Great to see this coming soon! Just wish it came with a Tony sculpt. Anybody have any input on those $30ish knockoff eBay sculpts? Are they decent or trash?
I've bought a couple Tony and a Steve sculpt and they are pretty good quality for not being HT. Make sure you buy from a US seller. I've had luck with simplehappylife and acecunionusa.

I've bought a couple Tony and a Steve sculpt and they are pretty good quality for not being HT. Make sure you buy from a US seller. I've had luck with simplehappylife and acecunionusa.

Just want to echo this comment. Had great service and incredibly fast shipping out of both those sellers.

What's with this new policy of shipping Iron Men with crotch-grabber stands? I got one with my DC MK V. Is anyone going to trust a crotch grabber with this figure? If that's how it's going to be from now on, I'm classing the figures as not coming with stands.

What's with this new policy of shipping Iron Men with crotch-grabber stands? I got one with my DC MK V. Is anyone going to trust a crotch grabber with this figure? If that's how it's going to be from now on, I'm classing the figures as not coming with stands.

The crotch grabber stands are much better imo. These figures are well balanced and don’t need much support to stand securely. And these type of stands don’t take away from the figure design at all.

The waist grabbers with the thin strands of foam I don’t like out of fear they inevitably will mess up the paint because of the pressure applied from the clasp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think the best design for these heavy figures is the single hook crotch grabber that came with the BvS Batman figures, Chitauri, War Machine Mk 1, Whiplash, etc. I do personally worry about some of my IM figures tipping over on these cheap crotch grabber stands—some of them just don’t have the tight ankles the others have. My Mk 5 doesn’t seem like it’s going anywhere, while I do worry somewhat about my Mk 47. With the hook you can at least get it positioned close right underneath the figure and it’s sturdy enough to keep them upright if they start to tip any. I agree that in general the waist grabbers really are the worst and give me anxiety that it will cause paint rub, and tend not to use them at all on non-IM figures like Spider-Man or Deadpool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The only figures I've got on crotch grabbers are Leia and Pepper Potts and both have fallen forward on their face.:mad:

There's no way I'd trust a DC Iron Man on one. Agree with hynobrett, the crotch hook style that came with the MK45 and the BVS Batman is the best. You can make it rock-solid, without it hindering the view of the figure.

RE; HEADSCULPTS on ebay this guys great haiyanhuang2016-8 goood range,both scales ,takes reasonable offers, i wait for ebay sale vouchers then make offers my last 1/4 bd tony head was about £26 well packed ,free shipping to the uk in 11 days.

Thanks I ordered one so I'll give it a shot. Looks like the regular 46 and 47 had an adapter piece around the neck that this will be without. Not sure how to remedy this yet. If I can't find a solution I can probably just use the sculpt for another bash.

Mine ships out on Friday this week, have my Mark 47 collar and Tony headsculpt with glasses ready to put on this... cannot wait to get him! :)

Same here. My two are shipping and cant wait to pose one with and with out the helmet. Is there a big difference between the 47 and 50 headsculpts?

Same here. My two are shipping and cant wait to pose one with and with out the helmet. Is there a big difference between the 47 and 50 headsculpts?

Nobody knows. The MKL should be the 46/7 without the bruising or the eyes looking to left but we don't know until it ships. Be funny if they bundled the MK V headsculpt!

Back