1/6 Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

So, I realized another wardrobe oddity that I didn't pick up on at first, but something felt off, the figure has full tabbards in the back, but in the movie the back stops behind belt.

screenshot_02.jpg

rots0555obiwanbk.jpg

Just seems odd to me, between the Sideshow figure, Hasbro figures and no shortage of reference, it's curious how this would happen.

Re: Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Touched up Obi-Wan with the grey and blonde in his hair that the original HT paint was lacking.

Tol7j5H.jpg

4DDYQXy.jpg

That’s a great idea adding a little gray to the sides.

Two stand out features from ROTS are the greys on the side and the significantly lighter goatee area.

jUX6iPw.jpg

pX6L9QG.jpg

Hot Toys - MMS477 / MMS478 - Star Wars Episode III: Obi-Wan Kenobi (Std & Dlx)

Nice shots

What paints did you guys use? Any quick how-tos? Do you need to apply a sealer or anything?

Entity...considering how long it took the Marvel Superbot Ultron to finally sell through and if they produce Grievous in die-cast, it is doubtful HT will want to incur the R & D for a figure that does not have chances of a good return in the Asian market and that would end up being REALLY expensive (possibly $500+). I wouldn't hold my breath here (but hey, I've been wrong before). I'm fine with the Sideshow version...I think it's one of their finest figures they've done for SW. It had a few issues for some folks but overall, it's a good figure. I'll post a shot with the General and Kenobi later...

Yeah that might be the case. I guess it also depends on how much (if any) Die Cast they are going to throw on him. That should make quite a difference in the price of the figure. I'm guessing a lower price will be better on this occasion. Looking at the regular size Iron Man Die Cast figures or even a slightly smaller Rescue figure, prices are insane. A 17 inch droid general with Die Cast parts will easily be more than $ 500, and yeah, that will make it more difficult to sell.

On the other hand... Look at Hulkbuster. An entirely different beast, but that one sold pretty well.

Anyway, I'm rambling along. I guess we'll just have to see what HT will bring us.

Thanks for the pic!
Here is the negotiator confronting the fiendish droid General Grievous...

View attachment 459980

"Hello there"

Good futzing on the hood. ..it's a tough one to get looking good up...nailed it there, Link!

hi guys, i need help. do you think i should get this figure or the flash figure? im having a hard time on deciding which one to get. :(

hi guys, i need help. do you think i should get this figure or the flash figure? im having a hard time on deciding which one to get. :(

I would recommend getting Obi-Wan over the Flash. I purchased Obi (regular edition) and I'm happy I did.

I too am on the fence on getting the Flash figure. It looks great and all, but there is the possibility of another Flash movie, hence the likelihood of another, more comic-accurate Flash figure (like the Aquaman releases). This is all speculation, of course. The Flash movie has been all over the place lately, but it seems to be shaping up as of late.

If you have the patience for a newer Flash figure and have hope that there even is one, then I'd get Obi-Wan. I don't think HT will ever make another Obi specific to E3, unless there is a battle-worn exclusive somewhere down the line (like the Anakin).

Finally got this and it’s better than I expected. Easy to pose and the cloak is great. Phone pic

087c972b0cbc44b72598c3a04ab0573c.jpg

This figure needs shadow to shine, it seems.

I was starting to feel real ‘meh’ about this hobby until this figure came in yesterday. The sculpt, the outfit, the ton of accessories... it’s the first figure I’ve received in a long time that has me very impressed. I’m still going to cut back on the collection and be more selective, but Obi-wan is a winner and is especially great paired with Anakin. I felt pretty much the opposite about Jedi Luke.

I would recommend getting Obi-Wan over the Flash. I purchased Obi (regular edition) and I'm happy I did.

I too am on the fence on getting the Flash figure. It looks great and all, but there is the possibility of another Flash movie, hence the likelihood of another, more comic-accurate Flash figure (like the Aquaman releases). This is all speculation, of course. The Flash movie has been all over the place lately, but it seems to be shaping up as of late.

If you have the patience for a newer Flash figure and have hope that there even is one, then I'd get Obi-Wan. I don't think HT will ever make another Obi specific to E3, unless there is a battle-worn exclusive somewhere down the line (like the Anakin).

I heard that there are only 5000 JL The Flash and JL Aquaman produced.

I was starting to feel real ‘meh’ about this hobby until this figure came in yesterday. The sculpt, the outfit, the ton of accessories... it’s the first figure I’ve received in a long time that has me very impressed. I’m still going to cut back on the collection and be more selective, but Obi-wan is a winner and is especially great paired with Anakin. I felt pretty much the opposite about Jedi Luke.

I felt exactly the same about Luke as well. Here’s hoping you plan on picking up the DX16 or DX17, after so many years, it was fantastic to open up a DX figure that was for a character I cared about. The last one was the DX10 for me since it really felt like the whole “package”. And yeah, the DX13 was cool but so much of that package was actually the T-1000 and fake blood. Also, yes, I bought the DX11 & 12 but the Nolan Batman stuff never really felt “right” so my excitement wasn’t that high.

Anyways, glad you are happy with your Kenobi!

I felt exactly the same about Luke as well. Here’s hoping you plan on picking up the DX16 or DX17, after so many years, it was fantastic to open up a DX figure that was for a character I cared about. The last one was the DX10 for me since it really felt like the whole “package”. And yeah, the DX13 was cool but so much of that package was actually the T-1000 and fake blood. Also, yes, I bought the DX11 & 12 but the Nolan Batman stuff never really felt “right” so my excitement wasn’t that high.

Anyways, glad you are happy with your Kenobi!

Yeah, Darth Maul turned out really good. I’ll pick it up if I can free up the funds for it.

Back